GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015)

+6
Flo The Action
wprager
SeawaySensFan
spader
PTFlea
Ev
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who is Ottawa's female parental unit diddling top prospect (under 25 NHL GP)?

VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 6 Vote_lcap29%VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 1 ]
VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 6 Vote_lcap20%VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 6 Vote_lcap20%VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 6 Vote_lcap227%VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 3 ]
VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 6 Vote_lcap264%VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 64% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:You sound surprised.

very. Don't see any scenario where he should be over Puempel at the moment. And I would put White and Chabot over him personally.

Puempel has shown that he could probably step in and replace Condra's lost production.  Paul has higher upside.  I can easily see how someone would rank him above Puempel in this poll.

As for Paul vs. your boy Colin White, don't forget that this is the guy Murray insisted on when trading Spezza.  And since then he had a great season in the OHL and was asked to play at the WJC.  I'd say he's ranked higher than White and Chabot, for sure.  

Very debatable.

At the same age, Puempel had 35 goals in 51 games, Paul had 37 in 58.
Just by viewing I would say Puempel's offensive hockey sense is way higher.
I think Puempel will have a monster rookie season in Ottawa. But it will depend on Hoffman's contract.

Also Chabot's scouting reports suggests he's a future top pairing Defenseman. That has way more value than a top 6 forward.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Someday we'll see a Paul, white, Lazar line I think. So much to like with these type of players and so much safer than some other prospects.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

very. Don't see any scenario where he should be over Puempel at the moment. And I would put White and Chabot over him personally.

Puempel has shown that he could probably step in and replace Condra's lost production.  Paul has higher upside.  I can easily see how someone would rank him above Puempel in this poll.

As for Paul vs. your boy Colin White, don't forget that this is the guy Murray insisted on when trading Spezza.  And since then he had a great season in the OHL and was asked to play at the WJC.  I'd say he's ranked higher than White and Chabot, for sure.  

Very debatable.

I think Puempel will have a monster rookie season in Ottawa. But it will depend on Hoffman's contract.

Also Chabot's scouting reports suggests he's a future top pairing Defenseman. That has way more value than a top 6 forward.

That's one report. I've also seen report where he is top 4. It's hard to really know what he will become. Especially thatDman take a little younger and it's been said that he still has a lot of development to do.
So no, I would not go outright and say he's a top pairing Dman just yet.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

It wasn't said by anyone but Jim nill who said the sens knew exactly who they wanted from the stars for spezza. He claimed they did their homework. Seeing as guptill isnt going To amount to much and the 2nd rounder hadn't been drafted, one would believe the sens were targeting nick Paul as the main piece to get in return

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

Very debatable.

That's one report. I've also seen report where he is top 4. It's hard to really know what he will become. Especially thatDman take a little younger and it's been said that he still has a lot of development to do.

I was making comparaisons on their projections. Chabot is not a top pairing D, Nick Paul is not a top 6 forward.

Also:
http://www.tsn.ca/thomas-chabot-defence-1.293900
Projection: Number 2 two way defenseman

http://starsandsticks.com/2015/05/30/2015-nhl-draft-profile-thomas-chabot/
Ceiling: Top pairing defenseman

http://prospects.dobbersports.com/Ottawa-Senators-Top-Prospects/thomas-chabot
Projects at 2/3 defenseman

I think there are enough reports out there to suggest he can be at least a number 2.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd never question our scouting staff, but I have to admit Chabot was a real shocker to me when we picked him. Again, not questioning their decisions obviously, just thought there might have been different guys they were looking at.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:I'd never question our scouting staff, but I have to admit Chabot was a real shocker to me when we picked him.  Again, not questioning their decisions obviously, just thought there might have been different guys they were looking at.

Are you questioning the decisions of the scouting staff?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:I'd never question our scouting staff, but I have to admit Chabot was a real shocker to me when we picked him.  Again, not questioning their decisions obviously, just thought there might have been different guys they were looking at.

We'll see in a few years I guess.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Ev wrote:

Actually I didn't question the pick of Chabot as he was one of the best D-man available (even though I question his capability of being a top 2 guy) I was more surprised by the white pick. There were better forwards available at that pick. But I'm not an expert so. Will defer to the scouting staff. They must see that they can turn him into something better than an effective 3rd liner.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Ev wrote:

Actually I didn't question the pick of Chabot as he was one of the best D-man available (even though I question his capability of being a top 2 guy) I was more surprised by the white pick. There were better forwards available at that pick. But I'm not an expert so. Will defer to the scouting staff. They must see that they can turn him into something better than an effective 3rd liner.

Source?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeCaptain wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

Very debatable.

I was making comparaisons on their projections. Chabot is not a top pairing D, Nick Paul is not a top 6 forward.

Also:
http://www.tsn.ca/thomas-chabot-defence-1.293900
Projection: Number 2 two way defenseman

http://starsandsticks.com/2015/05/30/2015-nhl-draft-profile-thomas-chabot/
Ceiling: Top pairing defenseman

http://prospects.dobbersports.com/Ottawa-Senators-Top-Prospects/thomas-chabot
Projects at 2/3 defenseman

I think there are enough reports out there to suggest he can be at least a number 2.

I disagree about Paul not having the ability to become a top 6 forward. The offense is there and it's not like he had a bunch of stars around him in North Bay either, he carried that team.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Ev wrote:

Better is a very relative term. Higher potential? Maybe. Sure fire NHLers? Nope, not one.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, White was one of the safest picks there. Flashy? Not really, but a guy you win with, I loved that pick personally.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:Yeah, White was one of the safest picks there.  Flashy?  Not really, but a guy you win with, I loved that pick personally.

Someone on here compared him to Kesler. If that turns out to be the case, I'm excited.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Yeah, White was one of the safest picks there.  Flashy?  Not really, but a guy you win with, I loved that pick personally.

Someone on here compared him to Kesler. If that turns out to be the case, I'm excited.

Kesler, Bergeron. One of those great 2 way guys is what he's compared to. If he develops into that, we're laughing.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

how many votes until I move onto #2? Is this enough?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:how many votes until I move onto #2? Is this enough?

I'd say so. As was mentioned before, we're at about 12 posters at this point in the summer.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I need one more vote then. Who's it gonna be?

JK, let's move on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum