GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015)

+6
Flo The Action
wprager
SeawaySensFan
spader
PTFlea
Ev
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who is Ottawa's female parental unit diddling top prospect (under 25 NHL GP)?

VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 4 Vote_lcap29%VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 1 ]
VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 4 Vote_lcap227%VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 3 ]
VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 4 Vote_lcap264%VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 64% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How could anyone not be impressed with Paul at the WJC though? I understand it's not the best barometer, but he was damn good in all facets of the game.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:you know even if you do the rankings by draft position only, it's still close to actual rankings IMO.

Chabot
White
Puempel
Gagne
Englund
Chlapik
Prince
Driedger
Hogberg
Paul
Lindberg

Wikstrand?

He'd be close to last in terms of rankings based on draft position

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Seen enough of Paul to believe he's the best player not playing for the Sens right now.  The guy has absolutely everything, could maybe be a little faster but so can Ryan Getzlaf.

Not to argue (as I voted Paul, too) but where have you "seen enough"?  You've always discounted the WJC and, IIRC, you weren't exactly full of praise over his performance.  Did you watch a lot of Battalion games?

I watched a dozen or so on TV, usually the best player on the ice for them. WJC was just solid and he was really good, can't see a downside. Safest prospect at this point and potentially the best.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:How could anyone not be impressed with Paul at the WJC though?  I understand it's not the best barometer, but he was damn good in all facets of the game.

What I remember of that tournament is Eichel being entirely unimpressive, McDavid struggling to regain his rhythm early on (tough being out all that time with a broken hand) and Domi dominating.

By the way, whatever happened to Domi after that tournament? Haven't hear anything about him since then.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:How could anyone not be impressed with Paul at the WJC though?  I understand it's not the best barometer, but he was damn good in all facets of the game.

What I remember of that tournament is Eichel being entirely unimpressive, McDavid struggling to regain his rhythm early on (tough being out all that time with a broken hand) and Domi dominating.

By the way, whatever happened to Domi after that tournament?  Haven't hear anything about him since then.

He and duclair are gonna have a nice chance in Arizona

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

let's vote Wing Dang Doodle

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:

By the way, whatever happened to Domi after that tournament?  Haven't hear anything about him since then.

Agreed. That team has some nice pieces going forward. This will be a long year though.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nick Paul is leading? really?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You sound surprised.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:You sound surprised.

Could be the wrong choice leading the way for a second straight season.

Stay tuned.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Paul, Puempel and Prince are our three most NHL ready prospects. That is undisputable.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:

Agreed. That team has some nice pieces going forward. This will be a long year though.

Yupp Zona aka Vegas is going to have a good product in few years

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

very. Don't see any scenario where he should be over Puempel at the moment. And I would put White and Chabot over him personally.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Paul, Puempel and Prince are our three most NHL ready prospects. That is undisputable.

you could dispute Buddy Robinson, Claesson, etc. guys who have less upside

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:

very. Don't see any scenario where he should be over Puempel at the moment. And I would put White and Chabot over him personally.

Really? Let's discuss that over a few posts. Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Paul, Puempel and Prince are our three most NHL ready prospects. That is undisputable.

Define "NHL ready". Puempel has shown what he can do at the NHL level in the heat of a playoff race. Too bad he got injured because he was playing pretty well, IMO. Prince payed well, too but what about when the adrenaline of playing in your first NHL game wears off? I don't know if he's any more ready than, say, Claesson, because Claesson's role would be as a stay-at-home 3rd pairing defenseman. Paul hasn't played a minute of pro. No idea how "NHL ready" he is, regardless of definition.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

One of them is disputable. When you haven't played a single pro-game (and aren't named McDavid), your NHL readiness is up for debate.

I agree that Prince and Pumps are the closest though.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:

Puempel has shown that he could probably step in and replace Condra's lost production. Paul has higher upside. I can easily see how someone would rank him above Puempel in this poll.

As for Paul vs. your boy Colin White, don't forget that this is the guy Murray insisted on when trading Spezza. And since then he had a great season in the OHL and was asked to play at the WJC. I'd say he's ranked higher than White and Chabot, for sure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum