GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015)

+6
Flo The Action
wprager
SeawaySensFan
spader
PTFlea
Ev
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who is Ottawa's female parental unit diddling top prospect (under 25 NHL GP)?

VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 1 ]
VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 2 Vote_lcap227%VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 3 ]
VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 2 Vote_lcap264%VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 64% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:That and where they were picked in the draft, right?

As of today, yes the recent first rounders shoot up to to the top because of their talent and where they were picked

So if I think a guy that was picked later or a guy that was picked a couple of years ago has shown significant improvement and I believe he projects to be better than the latest first rounder, I'm not allowed to pick him?

This is precisely where I'm having trouble. According to Ev's way of thinking, Stone, who improved exponentially after his draft year would be supplanted by a guy like O'Brien, simply due to draft positioning.

He's ignoring development completely.

no, I'm not. You're choosing not to read my posts carefully.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:

As of today, yes the recent first rounders shoot up to to the top because of their talent and where they were picked

So if I think a guy that was picked later or a guy that was picked a couple of years ago has shown significant improvement and I believe he projects to be better than the latest first rounder, I'm not allowed to pick him?

This is precisely where I'm having trouble. According to Ev's way of thinking, Stone, who improved exponentially after his draft year would be supplanted by a guy like O'Brien, simply due to draft positioning.

Consider the possibility that you're not communicating effectively. If you notice a whole bunch of readers misunderstanding you, consider that you might be the problem.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think the formula is to take the hype originating from the organization and adding that players position in the draft, divide by 2 and multiply by the draft year you get your answer?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:There can only be one right answer though because the answer is whoever the organization likes best. Right?

Wrong! Because Lazar is *not* one of the options.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Ev wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:

Consider the possibility that you're not communicating effectively. If you notice a whole bunch of readers misunderstanding you, consider that you might be the problem.

you're the only one who is misunderstanding, really. Prager just misunderstands and argues everything so I don't count him.

If NEELY would be replying right now, he'd be agreeing with me 100% I would imagine.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:

Correct! If you don't like that, you should create your own poll and clearly state that it doesn't follow Ev's rules.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SSF also seems to be asking questions. Shrug

Last edited by spader on Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:

Well, you're choosing not to write them clearly, so ...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is so much fun! Judging from Ev's avatar I've driven him to drink.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:

Correct!  If you don't like that, you should create your own poll and clearly state that it doesn't follow Ev's rules.

How bout I create another poll and block you from posting or voting?

Or else you migth vote a marginal prospect like Lindberg over Colin White.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Go ahead and try, lol.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:I think the formula is to take the hype originating from the organization and adding that players position in the draft, divide by 2 and multiply by the draft year you get your answer?

The question is how do you represent this in your formula. We need to devise a hype scale from 1 - 10 in order for this to work. But I think this is as close to perfect as possible.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Of course the ranking would have to be reversed ie. last player picked would be a 1, and first would be 211 (based on 2015).

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Of course the ranking would have to be reversed ie. last player picked would be a 1, and first would be 211 (based on 2015).

It's a simple concept.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You ladies are terrible.

Top prospect simply means highest upside combined with possibility of achieving those expectations. Not in one year but in the long run. In other words in the players NHL career. And yes it can't be evaluated after one year.
Now quit your Wing Dang Doodle and contribute.

I voted for pumpel simply because he really looks like he's gonna be a good top 6 forward and his chances to succeed are looking really good. I like Paul but I'm not sure if he's top 6 or top 9. I would probably rate chabot ahead of him right now.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

you know even if you do the rankings by draft position only, it's still close to actual rankings IMO.

Chabot
White
Puempel
Gagne
Englund
Chlapik
Prince
Driedger
Hogberg
Paul
Lindberg

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:You ladies are terrible.

Top prospect simply means highest upside combined with possibility of achieving those expectations. Not in one year but in the long run. In other words in the players NHL career. And yes it can't be evaluated after one year.
Now quit your Wing Dang Doodle and contribute.

I voted for pumpel simply because he really looks like he's gonna be a good top 6 forward and his chances to succeed are looking really good. I like Paul but I'm not sure if he's top 6 or top 9. I would probably rate chabot ahead of him right now.

This is exactly what I mean by "highest attainable upside."

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:you know even if you do the rankings by draft position only, it's still close to actual rankings IMO.

Chabot
White
Puempel
Gagne
Englund
Chlapik
Prince
Driedger
Hogberg
Paul
Lindberg

Poll closed?