GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015)

+6
Flo The Action
wprager
SeawaySensFan
spader
PTFlea
Ev
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who is Ottawa's female parental unit diddling top prospect (under 25 NHL GP)?

VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 3 Vote_lcap29%VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 1 ]
VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 3 Vote_lcap227%VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 3 ]
VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 3 Vote_lcap264%VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #1 (2015) - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 64% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

you know even if you do the rankings by draft position only, it's still close to actual rankings IMO.

Chabot
White
Puempel
Gagne
Englund
Chlapik
Prince
Driedger
Hogberg
Paul
Lindberg

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:You ladies are terrible.

Top prospect simply means highest upside combined with possibility of achieving those expectations. Not in one year but in the long run. In other words in the players NHL career. And yes it can't be evaluated after one year.
Now quit your Wing Dang Doodle and contribute.

I voted for pumpel simply because he really looks like he's gonna be a good top 6 forward and his chances to succeed are looking really good. I like Paul but I'm not sure if he's top 6 or top 9. I would probably rate chabot ahead of him right now.

This is exactly what I mean by "highest attainable upside."

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:you know even if you do the rankings by draft position only, it's still close to actual rankings IMO.

Chabot
White
Puempel
Gagne
Englund
Chlapik
Prince
Driedger
Hogberg
Paul
Lindberg

Poll closed?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's the guy who has the most chance of succeeding in the NHL IMO. I picked White because of all the guys we have, I think when he makes the NHL he'll make the biggest impact.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:It's the guy who has the most chance of succeeding in the NHL IMO.  I picked White because of all the guys we have, I think when he makes the NHL he'll make the biggest impact.
Really? I think there's a lot of debate about his upside. He's another guy that could also end up being a top 9. I don't know where I stand on him as well. It seems like he does a. Lot of things right but there's questions about his ability to manifacture offence. I guess it will be interesting to see how well the organization get these guys to develop. Without many pure skills type of guys it's not the same learning curve.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:It's the guy who has the most chance of succeeding in the NHL IMO.  I picked White because of all the guys we have, I think when he makes the NHL he'll make the biggest impact.
Really? I think there's a lot of debate about his upside. He's another guy that could also end up being a top 9. I don't know where I stand on him as well. It seems like he does a. Lot of things right but there's questions about his ability to manifacture offence. I guess it will be interesting to see how well the organization get these guys to develop. Without many pure skills type of guys it's not the same learning curve.

Agreed. The lack of true blue-chip guys makes the debate lively.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

In the current draft year? 100%, 1st rounders get the hype. In this pole I went with Paul though because you know he's going to be an NHLer.

White and Chabot, yip, put them ahead of a lot of others.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:

I think a Top 9 that has all facets, including skill, grit, 2-way play, physicality etc. will win out over a Dallas Stars approach where they have a ton of flash and dash in the top 6 without the 2-way play. I like to daydream about a Paul - White - Lazar line that's absolute hell to play against, then when that's done a 4th line comes out that has Pageau on it (if he doesn't get top 6 minutes by then).

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:you know even if you do the rankings by draft position only, it's still close to actual rankings IMO.

Chabot
White
Puempel
Gagne
Englund
Chlapik
Prince
Driedger
Hogberg
Paul
Lindberg

funny part of this is actually the bottom 2 guys moving up to the top 5.

If I had to rank them it would be...

Paul
Wikstrand
Puempel
White
Chabot
Lingberg

Those 6 then everyone else.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Voted Puempel. I think in terms of offensive flair he's above everyone else. Loved him in Kitchener.
Although I have no clue how White and Chabot play.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Seen enough of Paul to believe he's the best player not playing for the Sens right now. The guy has absolutely everything, could maybe be a little faster but so can Ryan Getzlaf.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'd go with
pumpel
Paul
Chabot
White
wilkstrand
Prince
O'connor
Gagne
Lingberg
Claesson
Chaplik

Something like that.

A lot of people overlook prince it seems. The guy has a good chance to crack the roster this year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:

A lot of people overlook prince it seems. The guy has a good chance to crack the roster this year.

Yeah, not sure why that is. 6th highest scorer in the AHL, one might even say he's shown more than Puempel.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Chabot
White
Puempel
Gagne
Englund
Chlapik
Prince
Driedger
Hogberg
Paul
Lindberg

Wikstrand?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Seen enough of Paul to believe he's the best player not playing for the Sens right now.  The guy has absolutely everything, could maybe be a little faster but so can Ryan Getzlaf.

Not to argue (as I voted Paul, too) but where have you "seen enough"?  You've always discounted the WJC and, IIRC, you weren't exactly full of praise over his performance.  Did you watch a lot of Battalion games?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How could anyone not be impressed with Paul at the WJC though? I understand it's not the best barometer, but he was damn good in all facets of the game.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

Chabot
White
Puempel
Gagne
Englund
Chlapik
Prince
Driedger
Hogberg
Paul
Lindberg

Wikstrand?

He'd be close to last in terms of rankings based on draft position

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Seen enough of Paul to believe he's the best player not playing for the Sens right now.  The guy has absolutely everything, could maybe be a little faster but so can Ryan Getzlaf.

Not to argue (as I voted Paul, too) but where have you "seen enough"?  You've always discounted the WJC and, IIRC, you weren't exactly full of praise over his performance.  Did you watch a lot of Battalion games?

I watched a dozen or so on TV, usually the best player on the ice for them. WJC was just solid and he was really good, can't see a downside. Safest prospect at this point and potentially the best.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum