GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+12
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
rooneypoo
SensHulk
tim1_2
spader
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
NEELY
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think it's pretty much a given that weir or Cowen is moved this summer. I mean there could potentially be no market or the offers could be too darn low it be ridiculous to move Em. I could live with Cowen being in the team again bit bottom pairing when Boro is out. If Cowen can improve who knows.

My big ? Is freakin Phillips. I just don't see a need or fit for him. We should of really traded him at the trade deadline two seasons ago instead of giving him a new deal.
I know he's earn the respect of the team but come in, not to their detriment.
Just retire with honour and your achievements. Don't embarass yourself.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:I think it's pretty much a given that weir or Cowen is moved this summer. I mean there could potentially be no market or the offers could be too darn low it be ridiculous to move Em. I could live with Cowen being in the team again bit bottom pairing when Boro is out. If Cowen can improve who knows.

My big ? Is freakin Phillips. I just don't see a need or fit for him. We should of really traded him at the trade deadline two seasons ago instead of giving him a new deal.
I know he's earn the respect of the team but come in, not to their detriment.
Just retire with honour and your achievements. Don't embarass yourself.

You've embarassed yourself with your disrespectful post to The Philler.

BANNED!

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

BUDGET moratorium?

https://twitter.com/MannyElk/status/610922696210300928/photo/1

I think the "Anonymous Donor"s wish for a Cup really struck a chord with The Gene, which I why I boldly predicted this weeks ago.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

With The Alfie presenting The Calder Trophy, some are speculating that The Young Stoner has won the award.

more to come

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:With The Alfie presenting The Calder Trophy, some are speculating that The Young Stoner has won the award.

more to come

Interesting. I'd say that's a fair guess

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yep, they certainly discussed it on The Drive last night. Just in case, though, Alfie should bring his own Calder Trophy. Just in case.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:BUDGET moratorium?

I think the "Anonymous Donor"s wish for a Cup really struck a chord with The Gene, which I why I boldly predicted this weeks ago.

you will see that I posted this already, old friend

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:

you will see that I posted this already, old friend

Very good.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nice add for Red Army:

EP Transfers ‏@ep_transfers 15m15 minutes ago

Extension: Stéphane Da Costa (F) | CSKA Moskva -> CSKA Moskva | http://eliteprospects.com/t.php?id=236885 #KHL

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

We'll see. There was one poster on this website swearing it would be a $60-65 mil ceiling and bandying it about as established fact. Not that I think anyone outside of the org actually has any clue.

Laugh1

But for my money, I don't know how we spend under $65 mil. We have a lot of RFAs to re-sign, and many of them are in line for some significant raises.

Last edited by rooneypoo on Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

As I pick up little tidbits here and there on the so-called "inter net", it's looking more and more like St. Louis can be a dance partner. The tidbits being their apparent interest in Greening, their need for a goaler and their apparent desire to move a Top 6 forward.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:As I pick up little tidbits here and there on the so-called "inter net", it's looking more and more like St. Louis can be a dance partner. The tidbits being their apparent interest in Greening, their need for a goaler and their apparent desire to move a Top 6 forward.

Greening? They can literally have him. Let's dance. Ahhhhh!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:With The Alfie presenting The Calder Trophy, some are speculating that The Young Stoner has won the award.

more to come

That was my immediate thought as well. FingersCrossed

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:As I pick up little tidbits here and there on the so-called "inter net", it's looking more and more like St. Louis can be a dance partner. The tidbits being their apparent interest in Greening, their need for a goaler and their apparent desire to move a Top 6 forward.

Greening?  They can literally have him.  Let's dance. Ahhhhh!

Fire up the fiddle, SpezD, and let's Do-si-do!!!! Cheering

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:

We'll see. There was one poster on this website swearing it would be a $60-65 mil ceiling and bandying it about as established fact. Not that I think anyone outside of the org actually has any clue.

Laugh1

But for my money, I don't know how we spend under $65 mil. We have a lot of RFAs to re-sign, and many of them are in line for some significant raises.
Last fall the plan was 60M this upcoming season and 65M the following. I imagine a near death experience might change things and my "source's" wife no longer works in the organization. Either way if Murray is free to spend whatever he needs then this could be a fun off-season.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Laugh1

Last fall the plan was 60M this upcoming season and 65M the following.  I imagine a near death experience might change things and my "source's" wife no longer works in the organization.  Either way if Murray is free to spend whatever he needs then this could be a fun off-season.

I believe your figures were legit at the time based on what Murray and most media types were saying with respect to the budget. There's been a 180 along the way somewhere, it seems, and the fans will be the real winners.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Laugh1

Last fall the plan was 60M this upcoming season and 65M the following.  I imagine a near death experience might change things and my "source's" wife no longer works in the organization.  Either way if Murray is free to spend whatever he needs then this could be a fun off-season.

I believe your figures were legit at the time based on what Murray and most media types were saying with respect to the budget. There's been a 180 along the way somewhere, it seems, and the fans will be the real winners.

Yeah keep in mind that Neil, Phillips, Legwand (approx $10M) will be off the cap next season. One/two of Gryba, Cowen will be gone with Claesson/Wideman replacing them, and I imagine Smith and/or Greening will be off the roster. So we might see a spike next season but the year after we will be quite a bit lighter in terms of salary.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

The more I think about it, the more I believe we'll see Anderson in a Blues uniform next season.

I'd assume Oshie would be coming back. I'd also assume that the Sens would have to add.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum