GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+12
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
rooneypoo
SensHulk
tim1_2
spader
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
NEELY
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Vermette had a clutch playoffs, especially in the later rounds. Want.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:Vermette had a clutch playoffs, especially in the later rounds.  Want.

Meh, I don't know that he fits our needs. I think he'd walk back into the same situation he walked out of -- a tweener with neither of the top 2 C spots open to him. If we're going to shell out money, I'd hope we're doing it in a more targeted way. To me, that means a top 6 or 9 scoring winger or a top 4 RH D.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Vermette had a clutch playoffs, especially in the later rounds.  Want.

Meh, I don't know that he fits our needs. I think he'd walk back into the same situation he walked out of -- a tweener with neither of the top 2 C spots open to him. If we're going to shell out money, I'd hope we're doing it in a more targeted way. To me, that means a top 6 or 9 scoring winger or a top 4 RH D.

Yeah, but now it's a true top 9 we're working to fill out, so we're talking more about a 3rd line winger who can also take draws at a staggeringly high %. So you have your choice of either him or Pageau taking the draw. Plus, I think he still has pop in his stick. I think he can get to 20 goals again.

Plus...and most importantly, he's a friggin great guy and apparently everyone in Ottawa loved him.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Yeah, but now it's a true top 9 we're working to fill out, so we're talking more about a 3rd line winger who can also take draws at a staggeringly high %.  So you have your choice of either him or Pageau taking the draw.  Plus, I think he still has pop in his stick.  I think he can get to 20 goals again.

Plus...and most importantly, he's a friggin great guy and apparently everyone in Ottawa loved him.

Yeah, but a centre playing wing whose skillset seems better fitted to centre, too. I just think that, for 5 mil a year long term, we can do better. If we're going the UFA route, I'd rather go after a pure winger like Williams or a D upgrade (say, Franson). That's just me, tho'.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Yeah, but now it's a true top 9 we're working to fill out, so we're talking more about a 3rd line winger who can also take draws at a staggeringly high %.  So you have your choice of either him or Pageau taking the draw.  Plus, I think he still has pop in his stick.  I think he can get to 20 goals again.

Yeah, but a centre playing wing whose skillset seems better fitted to centre, too. I just think that, for 5 mil a year long term, we can do better. If we're going the UFA route, I'd rather go after a pure winger like Williams or a D upgrade (say, Franson). That's just me, tho'.

Possibly. I like Williams, just think Vermette brings more to the table. That said, there's no wrong answer as long as we're filling out the top 9 and getting an upgrade on D.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I personally enjoy watching ex sens players win the cup. I really wish Alfoe could of won one somewhere.

That moment when The Alfie hoists the Cup as part of the Sens management team will be pretty sweet though.

I'll have some very moist eyes on that day. The cup being passed by karlsson to Alfie. Pretty Cussing moist.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I personally enjoy watching ex sens players win the cup. I really wish Alfoe could of won one somewhere.

That moment when The Alfie hoists the Cup as part of the Sens management team will be pretty sweet though.

I'll have some very moist eyes on that day. The cup being passed by karlsson to Alfie. Pretty Cussing moist.

I'll be pretty Cussing moist everywhere when we hoist the Cup.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Except for heatley. I would of not enjoyed watching him win a cup. Ever. I'm on the fence about how I would feel about spezza winning one. Although what are the chances of that ever happening. Sarcasm

ZERO according to NEELY.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I'll be pretty Cussing moist everywhere when we hoist the Cup.

WHOA!!!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Possibly.  I like Williams, just think Vermette brings more to the table.  That said, there's no wrong answer as long as we're filling out the top 9 and getting an upgrade on D.

Lecavalier?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Possibly.  I like Williams, just think Vermette brings more to the table.  That said, there's no wrong answer as long as we're filling out the top 9 and getting an upgrade on D.
Williams brought a couple of cup rings to the table and so,e timely gWG but so does vermette.
The distinctions aren't the same anymore.
Williams is a bit younger. But who's got actual more miles on their bodies? Who's likely to stay productive. Vermette has the ability to play centre if we need it, but do we need it?

I think both will command similar demands in terms of price and years.

I kind of like Williams personally but I could live with Vermette coming in if he understands what is needed of him. And that is most likely be a winger. And that also means we might not need to trade for a winger either (leaves Hoffman)

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Is there a grosser word than "moist"? Puking2

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:

Does that mean upgrading Ceci or moving him down to the bottom pairing? I feel like a top 4 LH D is the greater need, but I'm curious to hear what you mean.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Does that mean upgrading Ceci or moving him down to the bottom pairing? I feel like a top 4 LH D is the greater need, but I'm curious to hear what you mean.

Upon further reflection... yeah, not enough coffee today, I meant LH D. Smile

Which frankly gives us a lot more options this year, looking at the UFA market: Sekera, Martin, Ehrhoff. What we need most, I think, is a steadying presence on that second pairing. I'm a Ceci fan and don't get the flack he gets on this site from some people. Sure, he was less consistent this year than last, but the sophomore jinx is a real thing and he was among our most consistent players the year before. Add one LH D to shore up that pairing, then make that final pairing/trio out of Wier, Cowen, Boro, Gryba, whatever.

Time to sh!t or get off the pot with Cowen, frankly. Either that's his spot, or we need to fill it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I swear...if they sit Boro to play Cowen I'm gonna go ALL CAPS!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think it's pretty much a given that weir or Cowen is moved this summer. I mean there could potentially be no market or the offers could be too darn low it be ridiculous to move Em. I could live with Cowen being in the team again bit bottom pairing when Boro is out. If Cowen can improve who knows.

My big ? Is freakin Phillips. I just don't see a need or fit for him. We should of really traded him at the trade deadline two seasons ago instead of giving him a new deal.
I know he's earn the respect of the team but come in, not to their detriment.
Just retire with honour and your achievements. Don't embarass yourself.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:I think it's pretty much a given that weir or Cowen is moved this summer. I mean there could potentially be no market or the offers could be too darn low it be ridiculous to move Em. I could live with Cowen being in the team again bit bottom pairing when Boro is out. If Cowen can improve who knows.

My big ? Is freakin Phillips. I just don't see a need or fit for him. We should of really traded him at the trade deadline two seasons ago instead of giving him a new deal.
I know he's earn the respect of the team but come in, not to their detriment.
Just retire with honour and your achievements. Don't embarass yourself.

You've embarassed yourself with your disrespectful post to The Philler.

BANNED!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

BUDGET moratorium?

https://twitter.com/MannyElk/status/610922696210300928/photo/1

I think the "Anonymous Donor"s wish for a Cup really struck a chord with The Gene, which I why I boldly predicted this weeks ago.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum