GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+12
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
rooneypoo
SensHulk
tim1_2
spader
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
NEELY
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, OK, I'm on-board for ROR if the price tag isn't too obscene.  You gotta believe the Avs will want a ton back for a 24 year old centre that has put up 120 pts over the past couple seasons.

Lazar and Ceci. Do you do it?

Lazar yes, Lazar and Ceci, no.  And I'd want to sign an extension first, so after July 1st.

Fair enough. I was just trying to gauge people's valuation. I think Ceci could be going back if they make a move for ROR.
I think check has a lot of value and it would be damage able to the org to part ways with him. He should be a fixture on the blue line for years to come. Lazar has a lot of value as far as a prospect around the league. To include him in a deal would be already. Huge piece. You add lazar the best you want to add with him at that point in Cowen.
And I agree, ROR comes knowing he's got an extension worked out.

Somehow I doubt we are the team that winds up with ROR. I think they would likely be looking at an established top 4 Dman with experience.
And no I wouldn't part with zib either.

I think the attractive part of ROR is that he plays LW as well. That could give us a lot of flexibility in terms of either sliding him there and helping zib develop his offensive capabilities further. Another playmaker on that line would be golden.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:Just an update on the Sens moving to Lebreton Flats.

The Sens and others had until Dec 5th to table their proposal. Since then, the NCC has been dragging their feet with no firm progress on any of the proposals.

The Senators are still on top of this issue even without Melnyk being there.

By the time the NCC approves the idea, all the necessary approvals are done by the city and the new complex is ready, we're looking at about 6 years.

Seems reasonable. Anyway, Cyril Leeder seems to be on top of this. If this all works it will be a prosperous future for the organization.

And I will purchase the vacated CTC to use as my rec room.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

The Sens and others had until Dec 5th to table their proposal. Since then, the NCC has been dragging their feet with no firm progress on any of the proposals.

By the time the NCC approves the idea, all the necessary approvals are done by the city and the new complex is ready, we're looking at about 6 years.

Seems reasonable. Anyway, Cyril Leeder seems to be on top of this. If this all works it will be a prosperous future for the organization.

might cost you a liver! Ooohhhhhh too soon? Sarcasm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

might cost you a liver! Ooohhhhhh too soon? Sarcasm

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 0020fd4dbef607814432e524daa2b72dd0a1494bac028e5756adfb18947571a0

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Cowen, Prince, Dallas 2nd for ROR

Lehner for Zadorov straight up

I don't think that deal for ROR gets it done. Cowen may have negative value at this point between his contract and his play of late. 

Lehner for Zadorov could have legs.

No chance for Zadorov.

Also no chance for that package landing ROR.

Think Ceci + 1st or Lazar + 1st, especially if we're allowed to negotiate with ROR.

Lazar plus 1st I'd probably do, but that's a TON.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:

I don't think that deal for ROR gets it done. Cowen may have negative value at this point between his contract and his play of late. 

No chance for Zadorov.

Think Ceci + 1st or Lazar + 1st, especially if we're allowed to negotiate with ROR.

I would do lazar plus next year's first and then add Cowen because let's be honest. Colorado isn't making a move with ROR if no Dman is coming back. If I'm including Cowen then I want something else back also from them.

I know a lot of people think that Cowen has lost a lot of value but I believe there's still a lot of hopes from other GM s acquiring him that he could live up to top 4 material.
Also people might be very surprised how little ROR gets.
Not the same player but you look at the return boychuck got with a year left? 2 2nds.
I would imagine that lazar and a 1st for next year plus Cowen would get us ROR + back. Maybe a 2nd rounder or 3rd back.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:

No chance for Zadorov.

I would do lazar plus next year's first and then add Cowen because let's be honest. Colorado isn't making a move with ROR if no Dman is coming back. If I'm including Cowen then I want something else back also from them.

I know a lot of people think that Cowen has lost a lot of value but I believe there's still a lot of hopes from other GM s acquiring him that he could live up to top 4 material.
Not the same player but you look at the return boychuck got with a year left? 2 2nds.
I would imagine that lazar and a 1st for next year plus Cowen would get us ROR +  back. Maybe a 2nd rounder or 3rd back.

I think people need to cool it with the insane payment expectations and the "no chance" declarations. Zadorov is no big deal and Wiercioch or Cowen and Prince would be a healthy offer for that player.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ya but you have to think of the economics with boychuk. Boston. Boston couldn't take salary back so they had to settle with picks.

Ottawa won't be giving up lazar. It's puempel or Paul and a dman going back for sure. That's as high a prospect as I think they'd go. Neither team has cap problems so it'll be for players and a pick. Chiasson could be added too to sweeten the pot as a low risk add for both teams.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

All depends if Ottawa could negotiate with ROR.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:All depends if Ottawa could negotiate with ROR.

Lots of variables to consider and I think Ottawa has the assets to bring back a nice return or two no matter what.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Lots of variables to consider and I think Ottawa has the assets to bring back a nice return or two no matter what.

I'll get this one for you, SSF.

LET'S DO IT!!!!  Ahhhhh!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

LET'S DO IT!!!!  Ahhhhh!

You nailed it!!!!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

LET'S DO IT!!!!  Ahhhhh!

You nailed it!!!!

Right, as usual, old friend.  Cheers

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:

No chance for Zadorov.

I would imagine that lazar and a 1st for next year plus Cowen would get us ROR +  back. Maybe a 2nd rounder or 3rd back.

I think people need to cool it with the insane payment expectations and the "no chance" declarations. Zadorov is no big deal and Wiercioch or Cowen and Prince would be a healthy offer for that player.

You offer that up for ROR and 28 teams beat it IMO. Imagine how quick Murray would make that deal? We all wish.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:

No chance for Zadorov.

You offer that up for ROR and 28 teams beat it IMO.  Imagine how quick Murray would make that deal?  We all wish.
Really? I see a bunch of teams not being able to make an offer because of cap restrictions and a bunch of other teams because he won't resign with them.
The list isn't short but it doesn't involve 15 teams either.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:

No chance for Zadorov.

You offer that up for ROR and 28 teams beat it IMO.  Imagine how quick Murray would make that deal?  We all wish.
Really? I see a bunch of teams not being able to make an offer because of cap restrictions and a bunch of other teams because he won't resign with them.
The list isn't short but it doesn't involve 15 teams either.

LET'S DO IT!!!!

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ya, I'd say there are maybe 8-10 teams that can afford ROR and of those teams maybe 4-6 that have the assets to make a move.

I can see the Laffs making a move for him but I am not sure they want to give up futures given their current state of disarray.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

ROR is also from Southern Ontario. No reason why he wouldn't want to re-sign with Ottawa unless he's a die hard Leafs fan

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum