GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+12
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
rooneypoo
SensHulk
tim1_2
spader
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
NEELY
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

what's the risk? If they lose games because of goaltending then they don't deserve success anyway

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://the6thsens.com/2015-articles/new-senators-assistant-coach-andre-tourigny-quits-the-avalanche.html

New assistant coach for us?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:what's the risk? If they lose games because of goaltending then they don't deserve success anyway

Let's just say that Lehner would have to start putting up starters numbers. ie, .920 save % before we can confidently say that he's our guy. Is that something that's plausible after a .905 year last year and a .913 the year before?

You can lose a lot of games with mediocre goaltending.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, the Hammond situation is tricky, but resigning him isn't overly risky. If he flops, then it's a $1.3M dead weight contract that you can waive and bury. If he is serviceable, then it's fine. If he is the Hamburglar, then it's amazing.

If we let him walk and then he was great somewhere else, we'd be giant idiots.

Now obviously the big question is who is leaving town...Lehner or Anderson? Lots of questions around either guy.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:http://the6thsens.com/2015-articles/new-senators-assistant-coach-andre-tourigny-quits-the-avalanche.html

I Cussing hate how that guy can't write three sentences without swearing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Congrats to Nick Foligno for getting the 'C'.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Congrats to Nick Foligno for getting the 'C'.  
ai don't know enough about that team to be able to know what players could of done a better job. Guess Nicky is all grown up now.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Congrats to Nick Foligno for getting the 'C'.  
ai don't know enough about that team to be able to know what players could of done a better job. Guess Nicky is all grown up now.

Nice add for the Jackets.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Great signing with Hammond. Signed for 1.3 which is about what I expected... the extra year was a little surprising but he absolutely could have made more money elsewhere on a shorter term deal but took the extra year instead (smart on his end). This will get him closer to an NHL pension as the end of the day if he does indeed flop as a backup as worst.

Pretty good day in Sens land.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

@Aportzline: #CBJ Nick Foligno: "Thank god I came to Columbus."

Well Diddle you too buddy!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:@Aportzline: #CBJ Nick Foligno: "Thank god I came to Columbus."

Well Diddle you too buddy!

Foligno maintained at the time that he didn't want to leave Ottawa. Now he's really found his niche, I don't blame him.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

@SunGarrioch: Pierre Dorion says Robin Lehner is working out and they expect him to be ready for camp. #Sens

#andytothewest

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Knowing Murray he'll trade Anderson to an Eastern rival 'just for fun'.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Knowing Murray he'll trade Anderson to an Eastern rival 'just for fun'.

I spout a lot about keeping Lehner but I am terrified because I recognise that it most likely will be Lehner shipped out.
Urghhhhh

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Knowing Murray he'll trade Anderson to an Eastern rival 'just for fun'.

I spout a lot about keeping Lehner but I am terrified because I recognise that it most likely will be Lehner shipped out.
Urghhhhh

Hopefully out West.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

Urghhhhh

Chill, brah.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Great signing with Hammond.  Signed for 1.3 which is about what I expected... the extra year was a little surprising but he absolutely could have made more money elsewhere on a shorter term deal but took the extra year instead (smart on his end).  This will get him closer to an NHL pension as the end of the day if he does indeed flop as a backup as worst.

Pretty good day in Sens land.

I think the Hamburglar himself said it best:

Andrew Hammond @andrewhammond30 · 6h 6 hours ago

Fire up the grills! Excited to be coming back to @Senators for 3 more years! 🍔🍔🍔

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:http://the6thsens.com/2015-articles/new-senators-assistant-coach-andre-tourigny-quits-the-avalanche.html

I Cussing hate how that guy can't write three sentences without swearing.

Haha. At least you aren't being hypocritical.  Sarcasm

I agree though, that's a poorly written article. Based on the headline, it looks like it's a done deal. When you read the article, it's clear that it's just conjecture.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum