GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+12
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
rooneypoo
SensHulk
tim1_2
spader
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
NEELY
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Mind you, if St. Louis calls and wants to offer j-bo and sobotka or berglund for Anderson, Hoffman and legwand then you listen.

Although, Hoffman is the speed on this team that's sorely needed so maybe trading him is a mistake, but sobotka is a destroyer.  Hell to play against.  
I can be a bit of a Homer st times but I think you are under valuing Hoffman right now. Rookie year and almost scores 30. His value might never be this high. I'd like me some jay-Bo personally but sobotka has flight risk writen all over him and berg Lund is a big meh. We need a left winger that can score more. I think berg Lund can play on the wing but he's not an upgrade in Hoff

Hoffman is a LW who can score. Unless you trade for someone of similar value you're downgrading the top-6. Plus slowing them down.

Not sure why we need J-Bo

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_news.htm?id=714048

Can play both wings and c, if you want a lefty to take an important draw, he's up there as one of the best, major competitor, hates to lose.

We need this guy IMO.  

Just sign manny malholetra if you want a lefty to take face offs.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Mind you, if St. Louis calls and wants to offer j-bo and sobotka or berglund for Anderson, Hoffman and legwand then you listen.

Although, Hoffman is the speed on this team that's sorely needed so maybe trading him is a mistake, but sobotka is a destroyer.  Hell to play against.  
I can be a bit of a Homer st times but I think you are under valuing Hoffman right now. Rookie year and almost scores 30. His value might never be this high. I'd like me some jay-Bo personally but sobotka has flight risk writen all over him and berg Lund is a big meh. We need a left winger that can score more. I think berg Lund can play on the wing but he's not an upgrade in Hoff

Hoffman is a LW who can score. Unless you trade for someone of similar value you're downgrading the top-6. Plus slowing them down.

Not sure why we need J-Bo

There are many LW wr could get who are an upgrade on Hoffman

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Yeah, the more I think about it, you might be right about Hoffman.   Sobotka isn't a flight risk at all IMO, they just couldn't hammer out a contract with him so he left.  

I'm personally more interested in a tough player to play against more than a goal scorer.  J-bo with Ceci is an awesome thought an him with Karlsson is very exciting, right?  

How about Anderson and Cowen for j-bo and sobotka?

Sobotka iirc is a sick faceoff guy who can play left wing as well and is an upgrade on Condra.  

You upgrade two important pieces of your team although you might have to add to Andy and Cowen to get it done
done and done! that is a move i could get behind.jay bo would look pretty sick with either karlsson or ceci. Sobotka singed a contract with russia after arbitration had given them a number. if you ask me thats flight right there but I agree. nothing against the type of game he plays. he'd be great on our third line. alongside pageau and lazar.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Yeah, the more I think about it, you might be right about Hoffman.   Sobotka isn't a flight risk at all IMO, they just couldn't hammer out a contract with him so he left.  

I'm personally more interested in a tough player to play against more than a goal scorer.  J-bo with Ceci is an awesome thought an him with Karlsson is very exciting, right?  

Sobotka iirc is a sick faceoff guy who can play left wing as well and is an upgrade on Condra.  

You upgrade two important pieces of your team although you might have to add to Andy and Cowen to get it done

Do we have to take Elliot back then?  Sarcasm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Interesting wrinkle...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Interesting wrinkle...
that becomes their problem.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

All that matters at this point is that O'Connor makes it simpler to make a trade. The Sens crease is easily the most dynamic in the league right now (if Hammond signs) with 3 or 4 legitimate options to play any game. I say 3 or 4 because I don't actually think O'Connor will play in the NHL next season, but who knows? I never would have thought Hammond would get a game this season either.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

From Friedman's "30 Thoughts":

25. So now that O’Connor is going to Ottawa, who’s leaving? It’s not an easy question to answer, because some potential partners may prefer Craig Anderson while others might choose Robin Lehner, pending his recovery. It’s believed Buffalo would have interest in Anderson, but would the Senators send another goalie in the division (Ben Bishop)? If one of them can get the Senators a top-six forward, that’s the guy who goes.

26. As much as we’ll focus on the goalies, Ottawa’s biggest off-season decision may be an honest appraisal of Jared Cowen’s NHL future. You’re selling low right now, and when you see how far many of their young players came in the second-half, is it better to give him another shot when he gets healthy. Inconsistency may drive you crazy, but not as crazy as seeing a player you drafted and developed shine somewhere else.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Edmonton would be the ideal spot for Lehner I think...especially now that they lost out on O'Connor. I wonder if Lehners health status lowers his value though.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Edmonton would be the ideal spot for Lehner I think...especially now that they lost out on O'Connor. I wonder if Lehners health status lowers his value though.
not unless it's for a big time player.
You trade Anderson. Anything else is too big a gamble in my eyes. We'll be ok down the road without Anderson just because he's got a limited amount of good years left. Lehner will bite is in the Donkey.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Front page of the Sun right now "expect 2 year deal for Hammond".

It's Lehner or Anderson out the door.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Garrick also wrote Lehner would get the highest return. That's all k care about, get the highest return

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If he accepts the deal.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't care about highest return. I care about what's vest for the team as a whole. What makes us better as far as winning a cup. That means short and long term.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:I don't care about highest return. I care about what's vest for the team as a whole. What makes us better as far as winning a cup. That means short and long term.

I care about highest return because that is what will make us better. We will win regardless of who is in net if we build a good team Smile

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Need to upgrade one position on D in a big way. Other than that I like our team. Need to shed some dead weight obviously.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I don't care about highest return. I care about what's vest for the team as a whole. What makes us better as far as winning a cup. That means short and long term.

I care about highest return because that is what will make us better. We will win regardless of who is in net if we build a good team Smile

Trading Karlsson will get the highest return, but won't make us better. You do ok in that logic course, Ev?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum