GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+17
asq2
Hobiesens
Oglethorpe
ddt
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
Vandelay
TheAvatar
SeawaySensFan
Ev
tim1_2
NEELY
PTFlea
spader
wprager
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:The compensation for a deal under $7.3M is a first, second, and third round pick...so not totally unreasonable for a guy like Hamilton.

That being the case, the Sens should offer sheet Tarasenko for $7.29 x 7.
I concur! Although I bet the blues would match. But I don't care would serve them well for not trading for spezza after all.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:The compensation for a deal under $7.3M is a first, second, and third round pick...so not totally unreasonable for a guy like Hamilton.

That being the case, the Sens should offer sheet Tarasenko for $7.29 x 7.

Sure Tarasenko and Doggie Hamilton. LET'S DO IT!!!!

spader

All-Star
All-Star

The goalie market is getting interesting. Talbot is available; one of Markstrom/Lack are available; Dubnyk may hit free agency.

I'm hoping the Sens goaltending situation gets sorted out sooner rather than later. I feel like the price is just going to go down.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:The goalie market is getting interesting. Talbot is available; one of Markstrom/Lack are available; Dubnyk may hit free agency.

I'm hoping the Sens goaltending situation gets sorted out sooner rather than later. I feel like the price is just going to go down.

It's already gone down with these developments. Best we could hope for is a Cory Conacher-ish return.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:The goalie market is getting interesting. Talbot is available; one of Markstrom/Lack are available; Dubnyk may hit free agency.

It's already gone down with these developments. Best we could hope for is a Cory Conacher-ish return.

If DD re-signs in Minnie, Anderson might be the best goalie available. I think Talbot and Lack make Lehner less of an option.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

If DD re-signs in Minnie, Anderson might be the best goalie available. I think Talbot and Lack make Lehner less of an option.

If Dubnyk leaves Minnesota it leaves a hole there. Still the goalie market is getting crowded which will have us re-live the acquisition of good ole Cory Conacher.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

By that do you mean a prospect who is scoring in the NHL, or do you mean a crappy player will come back and do nothing?

If the latter, I hope they hold out for at least a 2nd.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

By that do you mean a prospect who is scoring in the NHL, or do you mean a crappy player will come back and do nothing?

There's a senschirp blog on how the real "prize" of that deal was the 4th round pick. How Murray took the Tampa deal over Philly's offer of Sean Couturier because the pick "caught his eye."

I think the idea is to make the case that Murray won the trade because he knew he would end up with Tobias Lindberg with that pick. Laugh1

Anywho, all that to say that if we get anything more than the craptacular bust Conacher was, I'll be pleasantly surprised. StickmanDancing

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

There's a senschirp blog on how the real "prize" of that deal was the 4th round pick. How Murray took the Tampa deal over Philly's offer of Sean Couturier because the pick "caught his eye."

I think the idea is to make the case that Murray won the trade because he knew he would end up with Tobias Lindberg with that pick. Laugh1

Anywho, all that to say that if we get anything more than the craptacular bust Conacher was, I'll be pleasantly surprised. StickmanDancing

Has that been corroborated? Did Philly legit offer up Couturier?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Uhoh!
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Has that been corroborated? Did Philly legit offer up Couturier?

The more I look around the less I think it was anything more than what Ottawa asked and philly mulling it over until they said no. But who really knows.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

That makes sense. I think the majority of the "offers" that we hear about are nothing but fluff and rumour, FWIW.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No the flyers did not offer couturier. The Ames wanted him and the flyers said no. They were offering some fourth loner instead. Edmonton was offering Ryan Jones.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The more I hear the less I think we'll be happy with the return on lehner. Anderson will likely get us a much better return. You cannot trade lehner for a Dung return. It will be bishop all over again.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:The more I hear the less I think we'll be happy with the return on lehner. Anderson will likely get us a much better return. You cannot trade lehner for a Dung return. It will be bishop all over again.

It sure will. BUCKLE UP!!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There will be no Torrey Mitchell sweepstakes:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/canadiens-sign-torrey-mitchell-to-three-year-deal/

You snooze, you lose.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:There will be no Torrey Mitchell sweepstakes:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/canadiens-sign-torrey-mitchell-to-three-year-deal/

You snooze, you lose.

Diddle! Murray missed the boat AGAIN

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

10 days until Draft Day
15 days until Free Agency Frenzy
15-ish days until Sens Development Camp (was July 1 last year)
113 days till puck drop.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
10 days until Draft Day
15 days until Free Agency Frenzy
15-ish days until Sens Development Camp (was July 1 last year)
113 days till puck drop.

Yeah, the next 15 to 20 days can shape the course of things to come!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum