GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Laffs @ Sens - Wednesday, Jan 21th, 7:00pm, Sportsnet, TVA

+8
NEELY
Ev
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Oglethorpe
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Hopefully with Karlsson and Methot seemingly clicking again, the whole team can start to find some consistency.  Interesting (and good) to see that Condra/JGP/Stone lead the forwards in ice time.  These guys were going 100%, 100% of the time.

I can't believe that Pageau has only 3 points or whatever since his call up.  It feels like he should have 10 or more.  He's everywhere, has great speed and hits as hard as anyone on this team.  I probably see things sometimes watching, but it looked like in the Rangers game he hit a few guys and they looked at him like, who is this little dude who hits like this.

Pageau is a grade "A" pest.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Hopefully with Karlsson and Methot seemingly clicking again, the whole team can start to find some consistency.  Interesting (and good) to see that Condra/JGP/Stone lead the forwards in ice time.  These guys were going 100%, 100% of the time.

I can't believe that Pageau has only 3 points or whatever since his call up.  It feels like he should have 10 or more.  He's everywhere, has great speed and hits as hard as anyone on this team.  I probably see things sometimes watching, but it looked like in the Rangers game he hit a few guys and they looked at him like, who is this little dude who hits like this.

Pageau is a grade "A" pest.

Good player from every angle.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Plus, when the Habs are in town, we can mess with their fans by cheering Pageau Pageau Pageau Pageau.  That alone is worth the sheckles he's getting paid to play for the O Sens.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Plus, when the Habs are in town, we can mess with their fans by cheering Pageau Pageau Pageau Pageau.  That alone is worth the sheckles he's getting paid to play for the O Sens.

And he can mess with SUBBAN!!! MJ

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Plus, when the Habs are in town, we can mess with their fans by cheering Pageau Pageau Pageau Pageau.  That alone is worth the sheckles he's getting paid to play for the O Sens.

And he can mess with SUBBAN!!! MJ

Win win!

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Seriously though...if you ever feel bad about how the Sens are doing, remember the Leafs and their fans.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Sens were playing on back to back nights.  The refs decide to even thing up with the straight against the good guys, could put lucky breaks.  That first goal, Claesson should have been getting back because it sure didn't look like a for sure thing that puck wasn't being cleared.  He was rewarded for his laziness.  Second goal he pushed Andy a few times leading up to the shot.  I wouldn't mind seeing a crease violation rule like the IIHF has - not a penalty, but get your Donkey out of the crease if the puck is still at the point.   Third goal was just an awful rebound.

Claesson? Did I somehow miss that he got called up and not notice him playing? scratch

Honest, I typed "Clarkson". It must have learned "Claesson" from me another time when I was talking about him, and it "corrected" it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:The thing I found hilarious was how Phaneuf never got an extra penalty for his molestation of Michalek.  He slew-footed 9MM, then cross-checked him, and then they "scrapped".  The ref was standing right next to them watching the entire thing.  It was quite something.

I think Stone had a really good game too.  He reminds me of MacArthur a bit in that he's so smart...the small plays he makes to either break up opposing rushes or initiate a rush...very impressive.

Don't forget the knee to the mid-section. When he kicked him that's when Milo had enough and jabbed at him. When the ref saw the spear that's when he finally stepped in. If he blew the whistle on the slewfoot (I saw it immediately, even at the elevated camera angle -- the ref was standing right there) it would have been over right then and there.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Right now I'm personally cheering on Hoffman and hope to see him climb in the rookie scoring race.  He's gotta be in the convo for rookie of the year if he can pass Forsberg for the goal lead, considering his limited ice time.

Don't think those voting will do a deep analysis and look at goals-per-60 or anything like that. Forsberg also has a ton of assists and is ahead in pts-per-60. But Eckblad is probably going to win, anyway.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
NEELY wrote:They need to get into the playoff race before they can get into the playoffs... IMO fans should and team alike should be cheering the Sens on and playing hard one game at a time, that's it.  No point in looking up the hill they have to climb because right now you can't see the top.

Play hard, young guys continue to progress, and quite honestly if they keep playing the way they are playing right now I am fine win or lose.  The progression has been great since Dec, you see it coming along and I am enjoying the Sens more right now aside from the old vets who are now the healthy scratches (shocking Uhoh!) than I have since the playoff win against Montreal.

Right now I'm personally cheering on Hoffman and hope to see him climb in the rookie scoring race.  He's gotta be in the convo for rookie of the year if he can pass Forsberg for the goal lead, considering his limited ice time.

Ekblad should be winning it hands down.  Gudreau and Foresberg are right there too.  Hoffman is having a great year but I don't think he can climb into that race unless he ends up with 30-30 which I don't think is going to happen.
It's Ekblad vs Forsberg.  Hoffman needs to add a ton of assists to be in the convo - and even then, his age will take him right back out fo the race.

Should be Ekblad.  He's awesome.

If Hoffman can take over the lead in goals, with a decent margin, with his ice time, I think he's at least in the convo.
i said it months ago that Hoff should be in that convo. whether he can win is another thing but they should include him. the age thing s a bit of a factor, especially when you have an 18 year old performing like that against you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum