GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Laffs @ Sens - Wednesday, Jan 21th, 7:00pm, Sportsnet, TVA

+8
NEELY
Ev
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Oglethorpe
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Do the Sens resign Condra?  I don't think you will find a better, cheaper, or hard working player than Condra via UFA.  That's the type of player you want as your #12, 13 forward and if guys from Bingo are truly ready for the NHL that's the guy you have to push out of the lineup at this point.

If they don't resign Condra I think it's a mistake... not a huge mistake or one that can't be overcome but that's just letting a player walk for free basically.  If they offered him a 1.5 mil x 2, even a 3 year deal then jump on that.  I think resigning Condra though will have something to do with the Sens ability to find Greening a new home though.

Like I said:

SeawaySensFan wrote:One guy I look at and think "this guy is just rock solid" is young Condra. That's the kind of player the best teams have in their back pocket who will go out there, even if it's just to rest your best guys, and never hurt you and sometimes help you.

Besides, he's got to be one of the best PKers in the league and for a team that takes a lot of cheap undeserved penalties, a player like that is pure gold.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Do the Sens resign Condra?  I don't think you will find a better, cheaper, or hard working player than Condra via UFA.  That's the type of player you want as your #12, 13 forward and if guys from Bingo are truly ready for the NHL that's the guy you have to push out of the lineup at this point.

If they don't resign Condra I think it's a mistake... not a huge mistake or one that can't be overcome but that's just letting a player walk for free basically.  If they offered him a 1.5 mil x 2, even a 3 year deal then jump on that.  I think resigning Condra though will have something to do with the Sens ability to find Greening a new home though.

Absolutely. If he'll sign here, I would sign him without a second thought.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:They need to get into the playoff race before they can get into the playoffs... IMO fans should and team alike should be cheering the Sens on and playing hard one game at a time, that's it.  No point in looking up the hill they have to climb because right now you can't see the top.

Play hard, young guys continue to progress, and quite honestly if they keep playing the way they are playing right now I am fine win or lose.  The progression has been great since Dec, you see it coming along and I am enjoying the Sens more right now aside from the old vets who are now the healthy scratches (shocking Uhoh!) than I have since the playoff win against Montreal.

Right now I'm personally cheering on Hoffman and hope to see him climb in the rookie scoring race. He's gotta be in the convo for rookie of the year if he can pass Forsberg for the goal lead, considering his limited ice time.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Hopefully with Karlsson and Methot seemingly clicking again, the whole team can start to find some consistency.  Interesting (and good) to see that Condra/JGP/Stone lead the forwards in ice time.  These guys were going 100%, 100% of the time.

I can't believe that Pageau has only 3 points or whatever since his call up. It feels like he should have 10 or more. He's everywhere, has great speed and hits as hard as anyone on this team. I probably see things sometimes watching, but it looked like in the Rangers game he hit a few guys and they looked at him like, who is this little dude who hits like this.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also, couldn't watch last night, but someone needs to explain to me why MacLean and now Cameron trots out basically every player except Hoffman on Powerplays.

I need it explained, because I cannot understand it for the life of me.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
NEELY wrote:They need to get into the playoff race before they can get into the playoffs... IMO fans should and team alike should be cheering the Sens on and playing hard one game at a time, that's it.  No point in looking up the hill they have to climb because right now you can't see the top.

Play hard, young guys continue to progress, and quite honestly if they keep playing the way they are playing right now I am fine win or lose.  The progression has been great since Dec, you see it coming along and I am enjoying the Sens more right now aside from the old vets who are now the healthy scratches (shocking Uhoh!) than I have since the playoff win against Montreal.

Right now I'm personally cheering on Hoffman and hope to see him climb in the rookie scoring race.  He's gotta be in the convo for rookie of the year if he can pass Forsberg for the goal lead, considering his limited ice time.

Ekblad should be winning it hands down. Gudreau and Foresberg are right there too. Hoffman is having a great year but I don't think he can climb into that race unless he ends up with 30-30 which I don't think is going to happen.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispensed wrote:

Absolutely.  If he'll sign here, I would sign him without a second thought.

He's gained a lot of support from fans and team alike in the last few months. He's been down and out time and time again but he keeps working is way into the lineup and refuses to come out.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Right now I'm personally cheering on Hoffman and hope to see him climb in the rookie scoring race.  He's gotta be in the convo for rookie of the year if he can pass Forsberg for the goal lead, considering his limited ice time.

Ekblad should be winning it hands down.  Gudreau and Foresberg are right there too.  Hoffman is having a great year but I don't think he can climb into that race unless he ends up with 30-30 which I don't think is going to happen.
It's Ekblad vs Forsberg. Hoffman needs to add a ton of assists to be in the convo - and even then, his age will take him right back out fo the race.

Should be Ekblad. He's awesome.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Absolutely.  If he'll sign here, I would sign him without a second thought.

He's gained a lot of support from fans and team alike in the last few months.  He's been down and out time and time again but he keeps working is way into the lineup and refuses to come out.

I never once understood MacLean taking him out of the lineup. Yet another reason the former Jack Adams winner doesn't have a job. Condra worked his arse off game in and game out and was scratched for it. Hmmm...that sends a peculiar message.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispensed wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Ekblad should be winning it hands down.  Gudreau and Foresberg are right there too.  Hoffman is having a great year but I don't think he can climb into that race unless he ends up with 30-30 which I don't think is going to happen.
It's Ekblad vs Forsberg.  Hoffman needs to add a ton of assists to be in the convo - and even then, his age will take him right back out fo the race.

Should be Ekblad.  He's awesome.

If Hoffman can take over the lead in goals, with a decent margin, with his ice time, I think he's at least in the convo.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lets not forget Alfie, was an older player, when he won rookie of the year.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm not saying Hoffman wins, only that, if what I said above happens, then he should be in the convo.

- Unknown Author

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

It's Ekblad vs Forsberg.  Hoffman needs to add a ton of assists to be in the convo - and even then, his age will take him right back out fo the race.

Should be Ekblad.  He's awesome.

If Hoffman can take over the lead in goals, with a decent margin, with his ice time, I think he's at least in the convo.

He's in the convo now but even then I don't think anyone touches Ekblad. 18 year old who will score close to 35-40 points on the blueline... that's been overlooked by a lot of people because of where he is playing but to me that's the most impressive rookie by a mile simply because of age, position, production, and how he's being leaned on.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, he'll be in the convo - he has to be when he's on a crash course for 25 goals, but yeah, Ekblad is amazing. I'm stunned at how quickly he got the pro game. Forsberg too. Two incredible rookies to go with our 2 guys. Stone is a fantastic player as well, perhaps not in the same level as Forsberg and Ekblad, but we're lucky to have cultivated him properly too.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Leafs are in for another 5 years of building.  Completely screwed.  You can't take any positives out of the Leafs the last 2 years.  The Sens you can pull positive after positive even if it's a whole pool of negative.

Fact is the younger the lineup gets with the Sens the better it looks.

Holy cow, yeah. That is a black hole in Toronto. Minimal impact prospects coming, and over-paid, weak Captain and number one D-man (lol), a one dimensional goal scorer (who has filthy skill), JVR who I'd take on Ottawa any day of the weak, Rat Faced Kadri who can eat Dung and die and Reilly. Zippity do da! They're in for a rough next 5+ years.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Hopefully with Karlsson and Methot seemingly clicking again, the whole team can start to find some consistency.  Interesting (and good) to see that Condra/JGP/Stone lead the forwards in ice time.  These guys were going 100%, 100% of the time.

I can't believe that Pageau has only 3 points or whatever since his call up.  It feels like he should have 10 or more.  He's everywhere, has great speed and hits as hard as anyone on this team.  I probably see things sometimes watching, but it looked like in the Rangers game he hit a few guys and they looked at him like, who is this little dude who hits like this.

Pageau is a grade "A" pest.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

I can't believe that Pageau has only 3 points or whatever since his call up.  It feels like he should have 10 or more.  He's everywhere, has great speed and hits as hard as anyone on this team.  I probably see things sometimes watching, but it looked like in the Rangers game he hit a few guys and they looked at him like, who is this little dude who hits like this.

Pageau is a grade "A" pest.

Good player from every angle.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Plus, when the Habs are in town, we can mess with their fans by cheering Pageau Pageau Pageau Pageau.  That alone is worth the sheckles he's getting paid to play for the O Sens.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum