GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+11
Oglethorpe
LeCaptain
NEELY
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
tim1_2
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I would assume you would be shipping off Hoffman or Stone in a deal for Hall so they have a guy that can come in right away and play at the NHL level and produce somewhat. Trading Stone in a deal for Hall doesn't seem like the worst idea but could bite the Sens if Stone becomes close to a ppg guy which he might have the potential to do at some point.

Hall gives the Sens a totally different dynamic up front though.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, but it wouldn't just be Stone. It'd be Stone + Cowen or something similar.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I would say Stone + Cowen + prospect/pick. (Peumpel, Prince, Pageau), maybe an additional 2nd as well. Would maybe even talk about moving Anderson in that deal which would obviously turn into a package.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think you give up the 1st rounder for hall personally. I realize it's hard to part with, but if you can wash the stink of failure off hall it'll probably be worth it.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hall is the one guy on that team that has most resisted the strench of losing. And I forgot about trading Anderson. That's a guy that should look pretty attractive to the Oilers.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Hall is the one guy on that team that has most resisted the strench of losing.  And I forgot about trading Anderson.  That's a guy that should look pretty attractive to the Oilers.

I agree with your point about Hall. Besides, a team that just lost to the lowly Sabres could only intensify that losing smell on a stinky loser.

I'm not sure I would be in a hurry to ship The Gregger anywhere after Lerner's butter soft performance last night.

As for the 1st rounder, I can't imagine Ottawa getting the 1st overall and quite frankly any pick after that is worth The Haller given the salary he's locked up for.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I'll take Eichel over Hall easily.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Hall is the one guy on that team that has most resisted the strench of losing.  And I forgot about trading Anderson.  That's a guy that should look pretty attractive to the Oilers.

I agree with your point about Hall. Besides, a team that just lost to the lowly Sabres could only intensify that losing smell on a stinky loser.

I'm not sure I would be in a hurry to ship The Gregger anywhere after Lerner's butter soft performance last night.

As for the 1st rounder, I can't imagine Ottawa getting the 1st overall and quite frankly any pick after that is worth The Haller given the salary he's locked up for.

Yeah, as I've said before, trading Anderson this season throws in the towel on any playoff hopes. If he's in net last night we probably get the W. We're still only 2 points back of the 2nd wildcard spot...the problem is that there's 8 teams competing for that same spot. I have a tough time imagining that we can beat of the Rags and the Bruins for that spot too....

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i think lehner is ready to be honest. Trading Anderson would be good asset management. We could then trade for Brodeur once Elliott returns. Brodeur could be close to his son who plays for Gatineau.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Diddle THAT I DON'T WANT FATTY BRODEUR ANYWHERE NEAR THIS TEAM

I think however and to whoever we end up trading Matrix (assuming it happens), we get a goalie in return...for example, if we trade with the Oilers, we getty Benny Scivens back.

Last edited by tim1_2 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:i think lehner is ready to be honest. Trading Anderson would be good asset management. We could then trade for Brodeur once Elliott returns. Brodeur could be close to his son who plays for Gatineau.

BANNED.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Think Lehner is ready to take this starters job on as well, no better time than now and he's a guy who will only get better with more of a work load. Anderson is a solid, solid NHL goalie, a true #1 and his value won't be higher than it is today.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't see the problem with Brodeur as a backup to provide Lehner with some guidance and he has shown this year he can fill in when needed.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There's more than an element of bad business in trading Anderson to Edmonton. He didn't sign a contract in Edmonton as a UFA, he forfeited his right to choose where he wants to go because he wanted to be in Ottawa.

In year 3 - or maybe even year 2 of the contract, perhaps you think about it, but to sign him to an extension and trade him before that extension even kicks in isn't looked upon well IMO.

Plus...Lehner may or may not be ready. Who really knows. One minutes he looks like a god, the next he doesn't look great at all.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't think Anderson or Murray signed a new contract thinking that a trade wouldn't inevitably happen. It is noteworthy that Anderson didn't get a NTC.

I don't care what the optics are, as Neely said, his value won't be higher than it is right now.

As for Lehner, yeah he's a little inconsistent, but that's something he'll grow out of.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I'ce watched about 4 Edmonton games this year. In each of them I've seen Taylor Hall directly responsible for 1 goal against or more per game.
1st line talent, 0 defensive effort.
Not sure about you guys but Karlsson is already giving me enough headaches in that regard.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:I don't think Anderson or Murray signed a new contract thinking that a trade wouldn't inevitably happen.  It is noteworthy that Anderson didn't get a NTC.

I don't care what the optics are, as Neely said, his value won't be higher than it is right now.

As for Lehner, yeah he's a little inconsistent, but that's something he'll grow out of.  

Exactly. Anderson signed that deal to assure him at least 4 more seasons in the NHL at the salary he is used to making. It was in my estimation a deal both sides agreed on and Anderson has to 100% be aware he could be trade bait with Lehner in the wings. If he believes he is here until he's 40 then either someone lied to him or he just isn't looking at the big picture in Ottawa.

This would be a hockey and business deal, simple as that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, a telling stat:

Emmanuel Perry ‏@MannyElk 18m18 minutes ago

Ottawa hasn't scored a goal with Colin Greening on the ice at 5v5 this season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum