GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+16
asq2
rooneypoo
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
SensHulk
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
spader
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
wprager
Ev
LeCaptain
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Johansen signs a 3 year deal.

Nice add for the Jackets.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Meh, fair on both sides.

Fair considering the inexperience. But value for the next 3 years is gonna be a steal.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

LeCaptain wrote:
NEELY wrote:Meh, fair on both sides.

Fair considering the inexperience. But value for the next 3 years is gonna be a steal.

I thought it odd that it breaks down as 3+3+6, but then I read that the last year's *salary* is what the QO is based on, not the AAV. That's a huge difference. They took out the front-end loading by reducing how much a salary can drop, but they forgot about this little loophole.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nice deal for Columbus.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Budaj has been placed on waivers. How much cap space did the Habs save but not simply waiving him themselves? How much will this cost Winnipeg?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Orr, McLaren, Holzer waived by the Leafs. Is that the last of the pugnacity?
wow. heh.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cam Janssen also waived... the end of the one-dimensional player is coming...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Budaj waived is odd... what is going on there? I'd argue Budaj is better than Pavelec..

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

BryzgaLOL released from his tryout... no surprise.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Budaj waived is odd... what is going on there? I'd argue Budaj is better than Pavelec..

Word is they want to have 3 NHL-ready goalies in org and are hoping Budaj clears waivers so he can report to St. Johhn's. Budaj is not better than Pavelec. He's probably sturdier.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Skinner with another concussion. That kid's just snake bit.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Orr, McLaren, Holzer waived by the Leafs.  Is that the last of the pugnacity?

This is a good move on their part. They aren't going to win with those guys pulling regular shifts. And if they aren't pulling regular shifts, then the Leafs bench gets artificially shortened.

I like a few of the moves that the Leafs made this offseason. I feel so dirty.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hard to believe it took this long for the Leafs to realize that was not working...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Heh:

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 2 By8-KrrIIAEhYLN

He even had time to start a fire. Look at the chimney :D

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

'Twas the eve of the start of the NHL regular season...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:Heh:

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 2 By8-KrrIIAEhYLN

He even had time to start a fire. Look at the chimney :D

A bit reminiscent of Zibanejad's goal except it's off to the side and so is everyone else. Apparently Price stopped this one.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:'Twas the eve of the start of the NHL regular season...

This isn't twitter, you have room to make it better. I'll start:

'Twas the eve of the season, and all through the league
Not a roster was churning, call it GM fatigue.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

McKenzie and Dreger finally hit the big time by landing gigs on NBC.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum