GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+16
asq2
rooneypoo
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
SensHulk
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
spader
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
wprager
Ev
LeCaptain
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They'll be in the mix with us, Toronto, Montreal, Detroit etc. I doubt they end up making it.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

They have better forwards and defense than us.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:They have better forwards and defense than us.

Besides Tavares, absolutely not.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:

If we take Karlsson and Tavares out, then yeah we have better forwards and waaaay worse defense lol

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:
Ev wrote:

If we take Karlsson and Tavares out, then yeah we have better forwards and waaaay worse defense lol

What's so good about their D? Everyone is saying it's now really good but I'm not buying it. Halak will have to do well.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I really like Travis Hamonic and Nick Leddy. Amazing skaters and very good hockey sense.
Have to respect 2 top 4D on 2 Stanley Cup winning teams as additions.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Don't know that much about pokka.  He seems like a decent player, but I'd give a prospect like that for leddy without hesitation.

I'm not following you. That's exactly what I said they didn't need the prospect or the picks. But looking at the two trades, leddy easily cost more given that actual players were returned. Picks are picks. Next years draft is good but its the sane as all drafts in the second and later.

I think this draft will have a ton of rock solid prospects in the 2nd round. I get what you're saying about prospects to picks, but I find 2 2nd rounders in a deep, deep draft to be really steep for a pending ufa. I could easily be wrong obviously, but that was my initial reaction.  While at the same time  I look at pokka as collateral damage in getting leddy, who's young and under contract.

It's not two second rounders in the same draft.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Heh:

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league By8-KrrIIAEhYLN

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Orr, McLaren, Holzer waived by the Leafs. Is that the last of the pugnacity?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Johansen signs a 3 year deal.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

4M per. Superb contract.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Meh, fair on both sides.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Johansen signs a 3 year deal.

Nice add for the Jackets.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Meh, fair on both sides.

Fair considering the inexperience. But value for the next 3 years is gonna be a steal.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeCaptain wrote:
NEELY wrote:Meh, fair on both sides.

Fair considering the inexperience. But value for the next 3 years is gonna be a steal.

I thought it odd that it breaks down as 3+3+6, but then I read that the last year's *salary* is what the QO is based on, not the AAV. That's a huge difference. They took out the front-end loading by reducing how much a salary can drop, but they forgot about this little loophole.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum