GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound!

+13
Hobiesens
LeCaptain
Ev
tim1_2
shabbs
rooneypoo
NEELY
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
sandysensfan
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
spader
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 18]

241Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 17 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:16 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

No, I am saying because the GM says they are going to be hard working doesn't mean they are going to grind out every single goal and point.  Yah, it could very well be a year where they win and lose games 2-1, 3-2 all year long but saying the team will be hard working isn't exactly a insult towards everyone.  How many nights last year and even in the years where they made they playoffs did we say "wow, any effort tonight would have been nice"? 

Team needs to work hard and gain an identity before anything else can be built.

242Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 17 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:20 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

C'mon BM! Make us happy today, pull that trigger!

Any morning rumblings?

243Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 17 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:23 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't think effort has been the issue for the past couple of years. I like what I've seen under P-Mac, and I think getting Spezza out will actually kick it up a notch for us. All I'm concerned about is our ability to augment (and retain) our young core with more talent by spending. I think everyone shares the same concern.

244Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 17 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:29 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Locking up everyone in the core is 100% the key.  Turris and Karlsson are already locked up... Lehner, Ryan, MacArthur need to be locked up too.  If that happens this summer I will be one happy fan.

245Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 17 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:40 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Locking up everyone in the core is 100% the key.  Turris and Karlsson are already locked up... Lehner, Ryan, MacArthur need to be locked up too.  If that happens this summer I will be one happy fan.

Any scuttlebutt on any of those fronts?

246Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 17 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:02 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

According to Dreger, the Leafs are one of the teams interested in Legwand. Teams are waiting to hear back from him.

247Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 17 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:04 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Of course they are.

248Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 17 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:09 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tim Gleason to 'canes. 1 year - $1.2m

249Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 17 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:31 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Locking up everyone in the core is 100% the key.  Turris and Karlsson are already locked up... Lehner, Ryan, MacArthur need to be locked up too.  If that happens this summer I will be one happy fan.

How about locking up one of Cowen and Wiercioch? I don't think either of them would be considered core but I'd still hate to lose both.

250Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 17 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:38 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens have no interest in Legwand

251Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 17 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:38 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

How about locking up one of Cowen and Wiercioch?  I don't think either of them would be considered core but I'd still hate to lose both.
'

They already did that.

252Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 17 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:40 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Sens have no interest in Legwand

Too expensive? Budget?

253Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 17 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:14 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

How about locking up one of Cowen and Wiercioch?  I don't think either of them would be considered core but I'd still hate to lose both.
'

They already did that.
And both are RFAs after...

http://capgeek.com/senators/

254Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 17 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:30 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I choose to believe Dreger over you.

255Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 17 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:50 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

Any updates?

256Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 17 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:51 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Leafs signed Santorelli and are OUT of the Legwand sweepstakes.

257Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 17 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Any updates?

No. Tim still believes Dreger over REDACTED.

258Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 17 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:46 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens have interest in legwand

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum