GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound!

+13
Hobiesens
LeCaptain
Ev
tim1_2
shabbs
rooneypoo
NEELY
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
sandysensfan
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
spader
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 18]

226Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 16 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:26 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:
shabbs wrote:Ottawa well on their way to lowest team cap this year.

Was there any doubt?
Nope.

#buckleup

227Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 16 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:02 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Vrbata to VAN -- 2 yrs, $5 mil per.

228Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 16 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:10 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

nice deal.

229Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 16 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:12 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Not bad.

230Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 16 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:25 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

apparently we should have signed Grabo and Kulemin and the only reason we didn't was budget.

Also, Dave Bolland sucks and apparently he didn't contribute to any of the Cups, Mem Cups, WJ Gold, etc that he has won.

Also, Mathieu Perrault was best signing yesterday.

#TravisYostSucks

231Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 16 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:27 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:Vrbata to VAN -- 2 yrs, $5 mil per.

Nice pickup for the Nucks. Hate the team, love the move.

232Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 16 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:29 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I would give Grabo a 2-year deal, no questions, even at 4-5 mil. At 4, no chance. Guy needs the incentive.

Well Islanders need to give more term and/or $$ to entice people to sign there, easier to give term.  Gotta do something I guess.

Nothing will top Niskanen as the biggest buyout candidate.

Brooks Orpik says, "Hi, Hoags. Look at me."

233Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 16 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:31 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:apparently we should have signed Grabo and Kulemin and the only reason we didn't was budget.

Also, Dave Bolland sucks and apparently he didn't contribute to any of the Cups, Mem Cups, WJ Gold, etc that he has won.

Also, Mathieu Perrault was best signing yesterday.

#TravisYostSucks

I honestly have never read anything he has ever written.

234Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 16 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:38 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Some gems:

By the way, if "money" wasn't an issue in Ottawa, Grabovski would be the easy/obvious get to fill center void. Another wasted opportunity.

@So_Truculent Love when Ottawa people say "well at least we aren't Edmonton/Toronto". I mean it's obviously funny. But Diddle. They all suck.

@So_Truculent i bet you that 25 NHL GMs, if asked tomorrow, think bolland is better than perreault. it's scary.

@SunDoniB I'm sure MacArthur is dying to extend in Ottawa...

@Wham_City His last bit was 'well we have more character now with Lazar and Borowieckizzzzzzzz'...

@Wham_City no one can seriously buy this, right?

Would sign. RT @Real_ESPNLeBrun Peter Mueller still on market. He's healthy and ready to return to NHL...

Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 16 TqYdophY

i shouldn't do this as it gives him the attention he wants, but Diddle that guy

235Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 16 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle. Give me a break with vrbata signing in Vancouver.

236Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 16 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:18 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I said it on July 1st, and I say it again today...Legwand would be a good veteran addition. And he can play C/W, PP, and PK. Very versatile. He shouldn't break the bank either. That said, I guess we'll have to wait and see what this trade is that B-Murr is working on. If Sharp comes in, then that lessens the need for a guy like Legwand (although both would be sweet).

237Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 16 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:40 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I said it on July 1st, and I say it again today...Legwand would be a good veteran addition.  And he can play C/W, PP, and PK.  Very versatile.  He shouldn't break the bank either.  That said, I guess we'll have to wait and see what this trade is that B-Murr is working on.  If Sharp comes in, then that lessens the need for a guy like Legwand (although both would be sweet).

Murray is going around saying that this will be a "hard-working" team which means probably nothing big coming in trade and a cheap, cheap payroll.

238Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 16 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:56 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's true..."hard-working" is code for "cheap and talentless".

239Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 16 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:01 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Didn't know the Kings and Hawks were talentless... Bruins either... weeeeeeeird man.

240Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 16 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:07 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ok, so because our GM says we're going to be "hard-working", it automagically puts us in the same category as the Kings, Hawks, and Bruins? There's something that separates us.....about $25M.

241Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 16 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:16 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

No, I am saying because the GM says they are going to be hard working doesn't mean they are going to grind out every single goal and point.  Yah, it could very well be a year where they win and lose games 2-1, 3-2 all year long but saying the team will be hard working isn't exactly a insult towards everyone.  How many nights last year and even in the years where they made they playoffs did we say "wow, any effort tonight would have been nice"? 

Team needs to work hard and gain an identity before anything else can be built.

242Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 16 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:20 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

C'mon BM! Make us happy today, pull that trigger!

Any morning rumblings?

243Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 16 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:23 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't think effort has been the issue for the past couple of years. I like what I've seen under P-Mac, and I think getting Spezza out will actually kick it up a notch for us. All I'm concerned about is our ability to augment (and retain) our young core with more talent by spending. I think everyone shares the same concern.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum