GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+17
sandysensfan
LeCaptain
spader
Hobiesens
Vandelay
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
tim1_2
Ev
Oglethorpe
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
NEELY
SensHulk
wprager
PTFlea
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

While he's not the 'shutdown' d-man that you'd expect to play with Karlsson, I think they should take a look at Claesson next year on the blueline. +30 this season with 22 points. Native of Stockholm.

Edit: Also has played with Zib both in the AHL and two years in Djurgårdens

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
I hope Murray uses this trade deadline and off-season to give these guys opportunities to play (whether in Ottawa or somewhere) in an effort to really bolster the top-six and address scoring depth in our forward ranks. 

He's been more than willing to do these kinds of moves in the past. No reason to think he won't this season.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You would have to be bat Dung challenged to think that Alfie will be traded here at the deadline. BAT. Dung.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

How anyone can knock Greening as an NHL player is beyond me. Guy has scored 17 goals in a season, makes under a mil, leads the league in hits (or at that top), can play in any situation really, and is a character guy on top of all that. He might not be having a great offensive season but he's doing other things to make himself useful and he can slide up and down the lineup.

Only guy up front that is totally replaceable is Conacher because he really doesn't do anything that can't be found elsewhere.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:How anyone can knock Greening as an NHL player is beyond me.  Guy has scored 17 goals in a season, makes under a mil, leads the league in hits (or at that top), can play in any situation really, and is a character guy on top of all that.  He might not be having a great offensive season but he's doing other things to make himself useful and he can slide up and down the lineup.

Only guy up front that is totally replaceable is Conacher because he really doesn't do anything that can't be found elsewhere.

If a guy doesnt get points people in this fanbase don't like him. Greening is a guy you need for the postseason

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Warrior.

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Colin-greening

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:How anyone can knock Greening as an NHL player is beyond me.  Guy has scored 17 goals in a season, makes under a mil, leads the league in hits (or at that top), can play in any situation really, and is a character guy on top of all that.  He might not be having a great offensive season but he's doing other things to make himself useful and he can slide up and down the lineup.

If a guy doesnt get points people in this fanbase don't like him. Greening is a guy you need for the postseason

You need a mix of everything and Greening is a player that can be and is very valuable. Every at 2.8 mil next year he isn't on a bad contract. Guy does what is asked no matter where he plays and most times results do follow whether it's a goal, a hit, or a big play.

I'll be the first to admit he hasn't had a great year but I'm not going to forget about the 3 very good ones prior to this. He signed a big contract and might have felt the pressure. Next year or even the stretch coming up he will be better.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

if you're going to trade greening you don't do it in an off year. the guy has value when he's playing well. yeah he's having an off year, so is the entire team. has everything to do with this team not finding itself without Alfie and not having a dominant leadership figure that rallies everyone when the chips are down.

things could be adressed in the offseason possibly. we've talked about it so i'm not going to repeat it again. right now Bm needs to focus on bringing in so help long term. none of these rental players.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:

If a guy doesnt get points people in this fanbase don't like him.
Greening is a guy you need for the postseason

And if he does, they still don't like him (Spezza, Igor Kravchuk).  Laugh1 

NEELY

Mod
Mod

A lot of people don't like Spezza for a lot of reasons so lumping him in with others who people have a hate on for is inaccurate.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:A lot of people don't like Spezza for a lot of reasons so lumping him in with others who people have a hate on for is inaccurate.

In the context that was presented by Big Ev, it was 100 percent accurate. As usual.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I don't mind Greening at all and he's good in the post-season but that's not a reason to not try to upgrade him if there's opportuni

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If you can upgrade Greening then for sure but we are talking about guys from Bingo coming in and taking his spot...? Don't think so at least I don't see anyone capable of filling that role right now.

Conacher is a different story.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm hoping for the Senate-snores to obliterate the Wings in their return to NHL action. No mercy.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

SeawaySensFan wrote:I'm hoping for the Senate-snores to obliterate the Wings in their return to NHL action. No mercy.

The Wings play in Montreal the night before too.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hobiesens wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I'm hoping for the Senate-snores to obliterate the Wings in their return to NHL action. No mercy.

Precisely, Hobiesens.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hobiesens wrote:

Just got a pair of tickets for my kid's BD. Not great, but not bad seats, either, 212 Row B (hope most of the action in the 1st/3rd periods is right there). Got a better deal than Broker4Tickets or StubHub or FaXchange. They charged some fees but all-in I paid $220 for the pair and it would have been $308 for a bit better ones (206 Row D) but at the other end. 206 is on the circle, 212 is corner, but I prefer being closer to the goals for, and row B over D is nice, too.

Man, there are so many different places now to buy tickets.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

vividseats.com is a good one too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum