GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Crunch time!

+2
jamvan
Cronie
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Crunch time! Empty Crunch time! Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:04 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well, with various sources all stating that Mezaros is still trying to decide between Murray's final offer or the offer from the KHL, I thought I should put the question to you... Do you want Mezie to suck it up and sign or would you rather he bolts to the land of Borscht and Vodka?

2Crunch time! Empty Re: Crunch time! Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:25 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:Well, with various sources all stating that Mezaros is still trying to decide between Murray's final offer or the offer from the KHL, I thought I should put the question to you... Do you want Mezie to suck it up and sign or would you rather he bolts to the land of Borscht and Vodka?
110% he will not go to Russia.

3Crunch time! Empty Re: Crunch time! Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:26 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:Well, with various sources all stating that Mezaros is still trying to decide between Murray's final offer or the offer from the KHL, I thought I should put the question to you... Do you want Mezie to suck it up and sign or would you rather he bolts to the land of Borscht and Vodka?

I want him to suck it up and I truly believe he will. I agree with your earlier post in that it will be well below 3M and likely only for 1 season.

4Crunch time! Empty Re: Crunch time! Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:27 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:

That's my thinking as well, which means Mezaros has little to no leverage over Murray, except for possibly threatening to sit out I suppose.

5Crunch time! Empty Re: Crunch time! Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:37 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:
jamvan wrote:

That's my thinking as well, which means Mezaros has little to no leverage over Murray, except for possibly threatening to sit out I suppose.

If Mesz sits out I guarantee a trade for a puck mover. I personally would say Schneider because he's off the books next season.

6Crunch time! Empty Re: Crunch time! Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:48 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Hey Crony, this is off topic but whereabout in NB are you? I'm asking 'cause I drove through NB last week on my way to Halifax then to Cape Breton. It was raining in NB as usual :-) Everytime I drove through NB it has rained. It's weird.

7Crunch time! Empty Re: Crunch time! Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:08 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:

Hey Crony, this is off topic but whereabout in NB are you? I'm asking 'cause I drove through NB last week on my way to Halifax then to Cape Breton. It was raining in NB as usual :-) Everytime I drove through NB it has rained. It's weird.

I'm in Fredericton as a matter of fact. And believe it or not, it has rained her for approximately 3 weeks straight!! You should see how high the St. John River is! Shocked!

Going to Halifax and Cape Breton, eh? Nice... My wife and her family all hail from Cape Breton. I hear it's beautiful up there, but I don't remember much as the last time I was there was with a family reunion back in 1990...

I thought you were coming up for that massive Eagles concert.

8Crunch time! Empty Re: Crunch time! Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:14 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:

I'm in Fredericton as a matter of fact. And believe it or not, it has rained her for approximately 3 weeks straight!! You should see how high the St. John River is! Shocked!

Going to Halifax and Cape Breton, eh? Nice... My wife and her family all hail from Cape Breton. I hear it's beautiful up there, but I don't remember much as the last time I was there was with a family reunion back in 1990...

We need to get you back to Sens Country dude.

9Crunch time! Empty Re: Crunch time! Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:30 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:

We need to get you back to Sens Country dude.

I'm working on it!! Believe me, if you know ANYONE who has a decent paying job opening, let me know... I'm ITCHIN' to come home... not to mention my wife LOVED Ottawa when I brought her about 2 years ago...

10Crunch time! Empty Re: Crunch time! Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:33 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:

If Mesz sits out I guarantee a trade for a puck mover. I personally would say Schneider because he's off the books next season.

Perhaps, I'm not sure I'm sold on Schneider to be honest. I can't see Meszaros going to Russia though. I think that league is going to bust in a few years when players find out they aren't getting paid... at least not in cash.

What happens with Meszaros? Is there a deadline for RFAs? At which time they simply become free agents? How does this process work? Excuse my ignorance.

11Crunch time! Empty Re: Crunch time! Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:34 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Cronenbergfan wrote:

I'm working on it!! Believe me, if you know ANYONE who has a decent paying job opening, let me know... I'm ITCHIN' to come home... not to mention my wife LOVED Ottawa when I brought her about 2 years ago...

What do you do Cronie? What line of work are you in?

12Crunch time! Empty Re: Crunch time! Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:37 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jordo wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:

Honestly, I'm a jack of all trades. I've been with the provincial government for about 6 years now, and i'm currently in the Communications field, but my strengths are writing, research, stuff like that.

MY DREAM is to get on with The Sens Org in some capacity and work my way into the marketing or communications office. I'm very good at spinning!! LOL Although, Cap 'n' is BY FAR the best at turning a negative into a positive!!

13Crunch time! Empty Re: Crunch time! Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:16 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:
Jordo wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:

Honestly, I'm a jack of all trades. I've been with the provincial government for about 6 years now, and i'm currently in the Communications field, but my strengths are writing, research, stuff like that.

MY DREAM is to get on with The Sens Org in some capacity and work my way into the marketing or communications office. I'm very good at spinning!! LOL Although, Cap 'n' is BY FAR the best at turning a negative into a positive!!

Thanks Cronman. There are Communications jobs open all the time on Jobs.gc.ca (Federal government jobs website) Check it out and apply, apply, apply. Remember you need to prove you meet each and every EXPERIENCE BULLET. The Knowledge, Abilities and personal suitability are assessed through exams, interview and reference checks.

14Crunch time! Empty Re: Crunch time! Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:14 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Meszaros leaving for Russia would be terrible. This guy is a huge part of our future, even with Lee and Karlsson around.

I'd just try to reason with him that by signing the one year, $2.5 million year deal, he lets the team add a guy like Schneider or Boucher for a year and also gets a chance to prove himself with first-unit powerplay time to try to get more money on his next contract.

15Crunch time! Empty Re: Crunch time! Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:22 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Asquaredx2 wrote:

Meszaros leaving for Russia would be terrible. This guy is a huge part of our future, even with Lee and Karlsson around.

I'd just try to reason with him that by signing the one year, $2.5 million year deal, he lets the team add a guy like Schneider or Boucher for a year and also gets a chance to prove himself with first-unit powerplay time to try to get more money on his next contract.

Exactly my thinking as well. You basically sell it as, take this contract now and next year when you've been given the bigger role you will be able to cash in because there will be room with Gerber off the books and a possibly larger Cap as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum