GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 4th, 2014

+6
NEELY
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
wprager
tim1_2
shabbs
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The melt down in Leafs Nation was awesome last night... with the blow out by the Rags and then CMac scoring the OT winner for the Sens... it was like rubbing salt in a wound.

#delicious

spader

All-Star
All-Star

That was a weird game. The Habs owned the 3rd for sure. Price was awful, then excellent. Ceci and Stone looked great. There was one horrible power play where I saw no fewer than two passes from players in the slot with shooting lanes. Still, good to get the win. Mac's shot was spectacular to win it. Stone with the huge screen.

Man, Stone really created a lot of chances for himself. His skating is a bit clumsy and he has trouble stopping and starting, but his speed wasn't too bad. He really gave them fits on the forecheck, though. How many steals did he have as Habs players tried to exit their zone? Three?

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This was a real solid W. Good on P-Mac for continuing to play Stone in OT. Also nice to see Kassian play well yet again.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I thought that was odd that Turris didn't start the PP in OT. Or Ryan for that matter, but it worked - and it worked well obviously. Fortuitous bounce when Z-Bad shot and it went right to Mac though, but a nice, solid 2 points.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think PMac is becoming a ZBad convert.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Zibanejad is showing the type of player he might be and that's a force... better than I thought he might be as well. Once he is physically mature, JHC he's going to be a beast. Still don't think he will top 30 goals but he does score some dirty ones I never thought he would. Either way, he's playing fantastic and he's gotten Conacher going which is huge for the Sens for a few reasons.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Zibanejad is showing the type of player he might be and that's a force... better than I thought he might be as well.  Once he is physically mature, JHC he's going to be a beast.  Still don't think he will top 30 goals but he does score some dirty ones I never thought he would.  Either way, he's playing fantastic and he's gotten Conacher going which is huge for the Sens for a few reasons.  

Reminds me of Mike Fisher with more puck smarts and versatility.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

10 goals in 34 games is a 24 goal pace. That's playing fewer minutes per game than Zach Smith. Bring his time up to Spezza's level (i.e. if he is playing 2nd line minutes) that 24 extrapolates to 31.6. Give him top-six linemates (which he may have now but certainly didn't have earlier in the year -- at least not consistently) and getting 30+ could be fairly conservative.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:10 goals in 34 games is a 24 goal pace.  That's playing fewer minutes per game than Zach Smith.  Bring his time up to Spezza's level (i.e. if he is playing 2nd line minutes) that 24 extrapolates to 31.6.  Give him top-six linemates (which he may have now but certainly didn't have earlier in the year -- at least not consistently) and getting 30+ could be fairly conservative.

If he can manage to score 6/10ths (or 3/5ths, as you are sure to say) of a goal, he should be inducted into the HHOF while still active.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:10 goals in 34 games is a 24 goal pace.  That's playing fewer minutes per game than Zach Smith.  Bring his time up to Spezza's level (i.e. if he is playing 2nd line minutes) that 24 extrapolates to 31.6.  Give him top-six linemates (which he may have now but certainly didn't have earlier in the year -- at least not consistently) and getting 30+ could be fairly conservative.

If he can manage to score 6/10ths (or 3/5ths, as you are sure to say) of a goal, he should be inducted into the HHOF while still active.
Clearly it's 1.5/2.5ths...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Clearly it's 1.5/2.5ths...

Rager'd by the shabber?!?!?! What the?!?!?!  Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! 

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:Zibanejad is showing the type of player he might be and that's a force... better than I thought he might be as well.  Once he is physically mature, JHC he's going to be a beast.  Still don't think he will top 30 goals but he does score some dirty ones I never thought he would.  Either way, he's playing fantastic and he's gotten Conacher going which is huge for the Sens for a few reasons.  

Plays exactly like Fisher but he does seem to have more offensive instincts that I originally believed he had. He's a better play maker than I gave him credit for.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Plays exactly like Fisher but he does seem to have more offensive instincts that I originally believed he had.  He's a better play maker than I gave him credit for.

And if you've seen pics of his g/f he measures up quite well to Mike in that area, too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum