GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+20
xzel
Oglethorpe
ddt
Number Twenty Nine
Hoags
Hobiesens
rooneypoo
TheAvatar
SensHulk
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
spader
PTFlea
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
LeCaptain
NEELY
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:Leafs lose 5-3 to the Isles.

Leafs Nation imploding. Trade Lupul! Trade Kadri! Fire Carlyle! Fire everyone!

#delicious

I would do unsavoury things to have jvr on the Sens.  
like trading spezza? Sarcasm 

Sure.  All of a sudden you have:

Jvr - Turris - Ryan
Mac - zbad - Conacher

as a top six.  Providing Conacher can continue to play well, that's very solid.  Then Smith, Greening, Lazar next year with Condra and Neil on line 4.   And that's without making any changes in the summer abd no Stone.  Solid.  

And you think a 20 year old kid can just jump in and be a 2LC on an on-going basis? And you're really sure that Conacher is a top-6 player over a full season? Don't forget about Michalek and his knees.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:Leafs lose 5-3 to the Isles.

Leafs Nation imploding. Trade Lupul! Trade Kadri! Fire Carlyle! Fire everyone!

#delicious

I would do unsavoury things to have jvr on the Sens.  
like trading spezza? Sarcasm 

Sure.  All of a sudden you have:

Jvr - Turris - Ryan
Mac - zbad - Conacher

as a top six.  Providing Conacher can continue to play well, that's very solid.  Then Smith, Greening, Lazar next year with Condra and Neil on line 4.   And that's without making any changes in the summer abd no Stone.  Solid.  

And you think a 20 year old kid can just jump in and be a 2LC on an on-going basis?  And you're really sure that Conacher is a top-6 player over a full season?  Don't forget about Michalek and his knees.

I do think that, yes. Zibanejad has been thrust into the position before and he's succeeded, there's no reason for him to tuck tail and run now. I'm not sure about Conacher, no. That's why I put that proviso in there: "providing Conacher can continue to play well". Michalek's not in the top six. He's an afterthought at this point, replaced by Greening or Stone or whoever.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

OHL trade deadlines are today (overage) and tomorrow (non-overage)... should be an interesting couple of days...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Byfuglien trade rumour mill is heating up... he practiced as a forward today due to them being short at the forward position, so this has naturally sparked a frenzy on the interwebs.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

not making the Olympic roster might have prompted his decision... it's a sad day but i guess we'll see him soon enough when they retire his jersey at the CTC
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=440773

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:not making the Olympic roster might have prompted his decision... it's a sad day but i guess we'll see him soon enough when they retire his jersey at the CTC

They won't retire his #.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:not making the Olympic roster might have prompted his decision... it's a sad day but i guess we'll see him soon enough when they retire his jersey at the CTC

They won't retire his #.

ok, without emoticons you have to know it was a joke.... i mean... c'mon!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I never know with people here anymore. Most of the Dung Ev writes I assume is a joke, but then I find out he's serious.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:I never know with people here anymore.  Most of the Dung Ev writes I assume is a joke, but then I find out he's serious.
I blame SSF.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SSF's as straight as they come.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:SSF's as straight as they come.
100% sarcastic, all the time, dot com.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I never know with people here anymore.  Most of the Dung Ev writes I assume is a joke, but then I find out he's serious.
the olympic roster???

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

tim1_2 wrote:

They won't retire his #.

He was good in the community  Sarcasm 

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Bet Wade Redden comes back to the sens org in some capacity. Good career, too bad it fell off the cliffs and he had some drug issues.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Bet Wade Redden comes back to the sens org in some capacity.  Good career, too bad it fell off the cliffs and he had some drug issues.
bet he doesn't.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:Honestly, there is nothing on the Leafs that would actually help the Sens that they would be willing to part with.  That team has no real core, defense is meh, goaltending is a mess... anything realistic they could offer wouldn't put the Sens over the top now or 5 years down the road.

I would take Dave Bolland in a heartbeat..

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Leafs have 4 regulation wins in their last 30 games... holy Dung. That is a crazy stat.

Quite a few shootout wins.. which with the tight standings could come back to hurt them if the season ends in a tie for them.. Most teams chasing them have more ROW's... the Leafs could be in trouble. Would be great. The league wants to do away with the SO in case some team loses a playoff spot because of not enough ROW's...

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Michallica wrote:Bet Wade Redden comes back to the sens org in some capacity.  Good career, too bad it fell off the cliffs and he had some drug issues.
bet he doesn't.

Why wouldn't he? He'll be on their alumni team for the heritage classic I'm sure too. Like everyone says, he was 'good in the community'

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum