GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+17
Hobiesens
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
ddt
sandysensfan
wprager
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
Ev
Cap'n Clutch
NEELY
Hoags
PTFlea
shabbs
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 36 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd be fine and dandy with Murray signing on for another 3 years. Never won anything? Fine, now's the time. He's a great architect, so I guess I see the point of some of you guys saying he's built it but he needs someone else to finish it off, but seriously, the Ryan trade showed that he's perfectly capable of trading youth for a star.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Random thought: how lucky are we that Lazar fell to us @ 17?

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Curious to know who's been the oldest GM ever in the NHL... and the oldest to win a Cup...

BMurr is getting up there in age for sure. Not sure how much longer he wants to continue. I recall him talking about retiring during the last round of contact negotiations, but that may just be him playing the game with the negotiations.

Some guys are builders, some guys are the "get it done" type and some are a hybrid of both.

Let's get it done.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:Random thought: how lucky are we that Lazar fell to us @ 17?
Looking good right now. But as we all know... the test of time will tell the tale.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Curious to know who's been the oldest GM ever in the NHL... and the oldest to win a Cup...

BMurr is getting up there in age for sure. Not sure how much longer he wants to continue. I recall him talking about retiring during the last round of contact negotiations, but that may just be him playing the game with the negotiations.

Some guys are builders, some guys are the "get it done" type and some are a hybrid of both.

Let's get it done.
I used to think he was a builder but honestly with the turris, ryan and almost Nash trade i think he can be easily lodged into the hybrid category... of course a cup ring is what is needed to make that point.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:I'd be fine and dandy with Murray signing on for another 3 years.  Never won anything?  Fine, now's the time.  He's a great architect, so I guess I see the point of some of you guys saying he's built it but he needs someone else to finish it off, but seriously, the Ryan trade showed that he's perfectly capable of trading youth for a star.
yeah, that Ryan trade pretty much secured the questions i had about him being able to take a gamble. I hope it wasn't in vain but yeah, in my eyes he's more then capable of steering this ship for the next 2-3 years and possibly into a cup finals again.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Random thought: how lucky are we that Lazar fell to us @ 17?
Looking good right now. But as we all know... the test of time will tell the tale.
character looks to be there. will be very interesting to see how he does on the pro level. looks to be another gem from the Murray/Dorion camp.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Curious to know who's been the oldest GM ever in the NHL... and the oldest to win a Cup...

Let's get it done.

I think they're in negotiation according to Garrioch.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

Let's get it done.

too bad we don't live in the days when they'd have to compensate us... Tim Murray + Hoffman for Myers.  Sarcasm 

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Let's get it done.

too bad we don't live in the days when they'd have to compensate us... Tim Murray + Hoffman for Myers.  Sarcasm 

I think about Hoffman alot. Poor bastard had a shot, missed it and probably won't get another chance. He must cry himself to sleep at night.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Let's get it done.

I think about Hoffman alot.  Poor bastard had a shot, missed it and probably won't get another chance.  He must cry himself to sleep at night.

he might get another shot, maybe not this year but in the future. someone that should be more worried is petersson. i thought we'd at least see him once up here but nada... sad.

I'm not sure what it is with Hoffman, stage fright? then again it takes a few years for some guys to put it all together. i wouldn't give up on him yet, he seems to have what it takes, just hasn't shown it on the big stage.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He didn't miss his shot, he's just not good enough

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He's destroying the AHL and exhibiting a lot of the attributes needed to succeed at the NHL level. Very strange stuff.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:He's destroying the AHL and exhibiting a lot of the attributes needed to succeed at the NHL level.  Very strange stuff.
Meh... lots of guys destroy the AHL and then struggle in the NHL... it happens. Denis Hamel anyone?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

So many Hoffman's around the AHL and NHL... who cares. Guy doesn't do a whole lot while in the NHL and doesn't have the hockey sense to really ever do anything.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I not saying I care personally more than it being what appears to be a failed prospect, but it's strange when a guy has the wheels and the shot to be effective, comes in, does jack Dung and then must realize he's done as an NHL.

Then Stone gets called up and he has a 4 point night including the OT winner (I think). Good for him for still working his arse off.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

When did stone have that kind of night lol

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:When did stone have that kind of night lol

I meant Hoffman had a 4 pointer in Bingo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 36 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum