GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Sens @ Lightning, 7:30 PM, SNET-SENS - RYSE IS BACK

+9
spader
sandysensfan
Flo The Action
Ev
shabbs
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
NEELY
SensHulk
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah that bishop trade looks absolutely brutal right now. Yzerman schooled Murray.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah that bishop trade looks absolutely brutal right now.  Yzerman schooled Murray.  
Meh, again Murray got the best deal he could for what at the time was Ottawa's 3rd string goalie. Yzerman took a couple shots and missed with goaltenders so saying he schooled Murray is BS. Ottawa gave up nothing in the core and the move isn't/didn't work out for them. All you can do is tip your hat to Bishop, a guy who deserved a real shot.

It just adds to the frustration in Ottawa, that's all. Turris, Ryan, and Anderson trades were all fantastic... Ryan trade will look really bad though if the Sens are drafting within the top 5 to a lot of people. It's just the optics of it despite the fact Ryan is better than any player that will be drafted this year, 1st overall and every player after.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Listening and reading Spezza`s post game comments he has absolutely no idea what he is talking about.
That's exactly what I was thinking as well.
He just can't handle this captaincy.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah that bishop trade looks absolutely brutal right now.  Yzerman schooled Murray.  
It's pointless to go back and look at that trade. Murray had to deal one of our goalies. It would have made no sense to keep all three. Too bad the Couturier deal fell through. Murray got what he could at the time. It is what it is.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeKing wrote:
NEELY wrote:Listening and reading Spezza`s post game comments he has absolutely no idea what he is talking about.
That's exactly what I was thinking as well.
He just can't handle this captaincy.
I remember 1 interview when he said "being the captain of this team I have to...." forget the rest but that sound bite right there was exactly the moment I knew Spezza was going to crash and burn. Who says that? You really have to emphasize that you are now the captain of an NHL club? Why is that important in any way in terms of what you are trying to get across. He's a me player man, that's it. Always has been, always will be.

How freaky was that video on HF that someone posted of an OHL analyst talking about Spezza when he was 16, 17. "lots of talent but I have never seen his game rise when it has really mattered or been tough", something along those lines. It was shocking to see how little he has changed his game since he was a teen, same criticisms and same attitude.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Wheres that video?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Can't check from work but it might be in the Spezza thread.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cujomi is probably defending him as we speak.

It's all about the PPG

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I think Spezza is taking too much flack now, the whole team is totally in shambles but fact is the team is still built around Spezza and every move they make is to either get Spezza going or to cover up his flaws... whether that's a trade or moving guys around the lineup.

If Murray is guilty of one thing it's giving Spezza way too much rope in Ottawa, the guys is not the player the Sens need going forward, not even close. Could Turris and Zibanejad struggle as the 1, 2 centers in Ottawa? Absolutely and they will have their ups and downs but at least you are developing these guys and giving them important roles to grow in. What are they doing with Spezza? Praying he comes around? Praying he can somehow lead this team out of this funk, into the playoffs, and then beyond? Murray needs to explore the option of trading Spezza because you can't commit to a guy that might be done playing by the time he's 34, 35, that will kill the Sens for a long time.

St.Louis is drying for a player to put them over the top and the 1 thing they are 100% missing is that high offensive type center. Now, I think whoever trades for Spezza is going to get a shell of the player he was 2 years ago but that doesn't mean a team won't take a chance on that not being the case. You may have to ask for 2, 1st rounders from the Blues because of where they will be drafting from along with getting a player like Stuart and a prospect like Rattie... NYR is another team that could use a Spezza who has some nice pieces. His salary isn't anywhere near his cap hit this year or next and teams love that who are worried about an internal budget... just get something for him before he's totally useless. The other thing is they kind of owe it to the guy to move him along into a role where he isn't going to be the whipping boy as well.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There is no doubt in my mind he will be a Leaf in 1.5 years. Carlyle won't be the coach, and they will be playing Dave Nonis type of hockey.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ev wrote:Cujomi is probably defending him as we speak.

It's all about the PPG
Heh. It is a bit of a weird situation with his near PPG rate. Like sweet and sour all in one.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Another team that I could see wanting Spezza (despite Carlyle) is Toronto. I would not hesitate to move him to Toronto for a second and they might be willing to part with some decent pieces to do it.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Spezza for Gardiner.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yah probably not, lol. Bozak would be a decent piece coming back for depth up the middle along with Turris and Zibanejad, add on a 1st rounder and Gautier... that's about the only way I would deal Spezza to Toronto.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

you just said you'd deal him for a second lol

NEELY

Mod
Mod

seconds as in 60 seconds in a minute.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Stop this nonsense about trading with the Leafs.

Wink

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:seconds as in 60 seconds in a minute.
Ok, you menat *in* a second not *for*.

-wprager

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum