GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Jackets @ Sens - Saturday, Feb 7th, 7:00pm, SNet

+3
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
wprager
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens Game Day Thread, the "Even-Tim-Doesn't-Care-Anymore" edition.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Zibanejad has been anointed the top-line center via the game day lineup graphic on the Sens website. That's actually not that far off the mark. He's got 13 goals (Turris has 10) and is just 5 points back with 2 games in hand. He's also -1 while Turris is -7, and he's been very disciplined (6 PIMs vs. 26). They are very close on face offs, with Zibanejad's 47.1 just slightly behind Turris' 47.4. Over the full season Turris has been getting 3 minutes of ice time more per game. If you calculate the actual points per 60, Zibanejad is a little ahead with 2.00 vs. 1.94.

So he scores more goals, more points per ice time given, a little better in the +/-, almost the same on face offs and takes fewer penalties.

He's no Sindey Crosby but it's not a stretch to call him the Sens' #1 center.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Of course we also know that Turris is having an off year and we hope he rebounds to what he showed last season. By the same token we hope that Zibanejad continues to improve, being more assertive, honing his face off skills and continuing to build chemistry with Ryan.

Who knows, maybe Murray was right after all.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Philler disrespected again with yet another healthy scratch. Disgraceful treatment of a proud Senator.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

mac n cheese with some nice saves so far

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Lehner is a fantastic goaltender the more he plays.  They need to play one guy or the other, they can't roll with 2 guys who probably deserve to be #1 in Ottawa. (for different reasons)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pageau in for Michalek (sick).

Edit: This post from the past brought to you by the makers of that Bell wireless modem that just made me lose internet access for I don't know how long.  Finally got it back and noticed that my post never got sent until I reloaded.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yikes.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Meh, par for the course.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They'll die until they get another top 3 F

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lehner played well again. He has shown the team what they wanted to see after they injured Anderson

Foligno is a heck of a player now

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Don't want them to but I bet they go hard after Kane.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Don't want them to but I bet they go hard after Kane.

I wouldn't worry. It'll cost surprisingly little. Just like Ryan did.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:

Foligno is a heck of a player now

And how!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:Don't want them to but I bet they go hard after Kane.

I wouldn't worry. It'll cost surprisingly little. Just like Ryan did.

Who is our current top prospect slated to go on an list of successive injuries?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum