GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00pm - Sat. Oct. 5th, 2013

+6
Ev
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
sandysensfan
NEELY
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Don't think you need the +/- stat to determine that line has been the Sens best.
I don't disagree.  Point was that +/- is not always a meaningless stat.  If the number is high (or low) and stands out relative to others on the team, then I think it is indicative of the calibre of play.
It's not meaningless it's just not the kind of stat you would hand out awards for. Even though I think there is such an award.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Spezza needs games to get in game shape and up to game speed. That's it.

The fact that he's in the lineup is why Turris is doing so well.
The groin injury will be with him all season unless he rests it. Will it only get worse if he keeps playing?

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Don't think you need the +/- stat to determine that line has been the Sens best.
I don't disagree.  Point was that +/- is not always a meaningless stat.  If the number is high (or low) and stands out relative to others on the team, then I think it is indicative of the calibre of play.
It's not meaningless it's just not the kind of stat you would hand out awards for. Even though I think there is such an award.
It's a stat you use to back up an argument, but not one you base your argument on

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Anyone wonder why Turris is doing so well this season so far? Is it MacArthur? Sure, he helps a lot. Is it Conacher. Absolutely. Kid's been a beast.

Or is it because he's in his rightful place at 2C - and not trying to masquerade as a top line C. No question mark on that 'question'.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Not getting the other team's top D pairing is a start. He dangled Paul Ranger a couple times.
Also, Conacher and McArthur are much faster than Alfie, so they play a more up and down style than cycling.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKing wrote:Not getting the other team's top D pairing is a start. He dangled Paul Ranger a couple times.
Also, Conacher and McArthur are much faster than Alfie, so they play a more up and down style than cycling.
Bingo. People are shocked at how well Turris has started. Hmm....I wonder if it has something to do with other team's top D-men focusing on Spez, Ryan and MM...

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

At least they're having fun

https://twitter.com/b_ryan9/status/387288134142414848

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum