GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00pm - Sat. Oct. 5th, 2013

+6
Ev
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
sandysensfan
NEELY
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:SOG is not indicative of how that top line played last night.  SOG could be 100 total and scoring chances are 0, what did it matter?  Best chances came from lines 2 and 3 while line 1 and 4 were on par with each other.  A big problem there is Michalek is adding absolutely nothing to that line, no speed, no shot, no grind... just taking up space.  He's literally on his last legs here in Ottawa and maybe the NHL.
I don't disagree 100% but I don't agree 100%, either. While I wouldn't say the top line was dominant, they did control play. Problem was that Michalek seemed out of synch with Spezza/Ryan, and wasn't opening up any space for them. Maybe put out Greening there for a few shifts in the 2nd, if they continue to struggle.

Also, going from 12 SOG to zero does show a drop off.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Either way that top line wasn't great last night. Don't blame it on Ryan or Spezza really, they had the puck enough to display some sort of offense... Michalek though is going to have a rough year and I have thought that for some time. His best days are done and I wouldn't be surprised to see Stone up in Ottawa in sort order to play on the top line or move MacArthur up there. They will need some help.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ryan apparently not the only one to have some issues with Carlyle, he was just a lot more diplomatic about it:

“I didn’t have a relationship with him, and not many guys do,” MacArthur said, of Carlyle. “Some guys are good with the criticism, but they don’t want to hear it every single shift they come off the ice,” MacArthur says. “You’re old enough to know ‘I made a mistake,’ you don’t need to hear it every five seconds.”
Still, nothing like Grabovski:

Карлайл, этот сукин сын он может пойти поцеловать меня в задницу!
http://www.senatorsextra.com/main/macarthur-rips-former-coach-carlyle

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

As good as MacArthur has looked already, I think he'll be looking to stick it to the dirty Leafs and Carlyle. Multi-point game for the Clarker (and Joe Scorevo).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:As good as MacArthur has looked already, I think he'll be looking to stick it to the dirty Leafs and Carlyle. Multi-point game for the Clarker (and Joe Scorevo).
Hadn't realized until today that MacArthur used to be a Sabre as well. Played well and got an assist against his former club. Let's see if he can keep it going. He also played for Atlanta -- when do we visit the Jets?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I thought Corvo would play against Buffalo and Gryba in this one, but Mac knows best.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:I thought Corvo would play against Buffalo and Gryba in this one, but Mac knows best.
I think Gryba would have played both games if he had played well. Weird, going into this season I was concerned about Wiercioch playing on his off-side, but he's not the one who's had issues.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

In general, I think our D can and *has to* play a lot better. Way too many shots on goal for my liking. And many, many quality chances. Cowen is not yet in #BeastMode, and neither is Methot. Phillips played well in the 1st, I thought.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tonight's Referees: Tim Peel and Chris Rooney. Uh-oh. I seem to remember the Sens have had issues with Peel. Remember this reputation call on Foligno?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's not just the D. there's a lot of little things thàt will clean themself up soon. Don Brennan said that he thought MacArthur was just ok. What the hell is he looking for?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:It's not just the D.  there's a lot of little things thàt will clean themself up soon. Don Brennan said that he thought MacArthur was just ok.  What the hell is he looking for?
Usually a fifth of bourbon.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:It's not just the D.  there's a lot of little things thàt will clean themself up soon. Don Brennan said that he thought MacArthur was just ok.  What the hell is he looking for?
Were you seriously wondering? Wasn't it Brennan who said Karlsson was a waste of a 1RP or something like that?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

1st Star of Period 1: The Kassassin

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I don't care if the goof has a goal tonight or not... wtf is he doing?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Thank God for Turris because Spezza was beyond awful, same with Michalek and Ryan. What they were doing can't even be considered skating. Spezza better figure out how to keep his feet moving.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lol piling on Spezza. Even Karlsson was brutal. Turris line was the only good thing about that game.

1 point, I'll take that. Turris is unreal.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:I don't care if the goof has a goal tonight or not... wtf is he doing?
Was battling hard in the third.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:I don't care if the goof has a goal tonight or not... wtf is he doing?
Was battling hard in the third.
You kidding? He may have had one shift in that 3rd that wasn't awful. Tying goal was on him because he refused to skate. He refused to keep his feet moving through the neutral zone, refused to keep his feet moving in the offensive zone. He had an awful game. Won't even talk about how bad he was when he actually had the puck.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum