GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00pm - Sat. Oct. 5th, 2013

+6
Ev
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
sandysensfan
NEELY
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lol piling on Spezza. Even Karlsson was brutal. Turris line was the only good thing about that game.

1 point, I'll take that. Turris is unreal.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:I don't care if the goof has a goal tonight or not... wtf is he doing?
Was battling hard in the third.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:I don't care if the goof has a goal tonight or not... wtf is he doing?
Was battling hard in the third.
You kidding? He may have had one shift in that 3rd that wasn't awful. Tying goal was on him because he refused to skate. He refused to keep his feet moving through the neutral zone, refused to keep his feet moving in the offensive zone. He had an awful game. Won't even talk about how bad he was when he actually had the puck.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:lol piling on Spezza. Even Karlsson was brutal. Turris line was the only good thing about that game.

Piling on him?  He has the "C" now, no excuse not to be the hardest working player on the ice each night.  If he's hurt, he should sit like he does every single year. Easiest thing to control on the ice is effort level.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Whatever you say.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:lol piling on Spezza. Even Karlsson was brutal. Turris line was the only good thing about that game.

+1 I was saying the same thing. Second game in two nights on the road against a team still on a high from seeing that massive crowd outside -- come on, even if you hate the Leafs, you've got to admit that was something. Something sad, perhaps, but still something.

I still don't understand the shootout rules. I thought they introduced some rules about the spinaround? Used to be the puck couldn't stop forward momentum but I think they changed that the puck should never stop moving -- I get it, it's easier for the refs to call it -- but I thought they made some rules about a complete spinaround.

Meh, hate the shootout and that'll never change. Just wish Anderson was better at it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't know if the same rules apply to shootout as they do to penalty shots, but this is what it says now for penalty shots:

The puck must be kept in motion towards the opponent’s goal line and once it is shot, the play shall be considered complete.
Yet later it says:

The spin-o-rama type move where the player completes a 360° turn as he approaches the goal, shall be permitted as this involves continuous motion.
Continuous motion, yes, but not toward the goal-line.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's not just Spezza but, yes, he has the "C". Ryan was awful tonight (except for when he tried to guillotine Bernier -- that was awesome); Karlsson was playing shinny; Kassian should've had an assist except he's playing with Condra; Cowen was great in the first but, unlike the first game, he didn't improve as the game went along; even Methot was average.

I barely remember seeing Neil; you'd think the Battle of Ontario would be the kind of game he relishes.

Worst thing is they had a 2-goal lead and blew it. But, hey, still got a point out of it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What was up with Corvo? He looked like he was just trying to avoid being hit all night. He's a big guy, full of steroids and stuff, isn't he? Or did he get some new body piercings and just taking it easy?

Meanwhile, in Bingo, Ceci has an assist and the OT winner to take the Hardhat.
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00pm - Sat. Oct. 5th, 2013 - Page 3 BV3B8QkIQAAAONI

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, hope Michalek can bust out of his funk, because Stone was taken to hospital for X-Rays. Upper body is the only thing I've heard. Came off after a hard hit and looked like he was holding his knee? Since it wasn't the knee, what kind of injury would make it look like that -- shoulder, ribs?

Anyhow, probably won't be called up any time soon.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ryan is a notoriously slow starter every season, and as Bob McKeznie said, these first two weeks mean nothing

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Ryan is a notoriously slow starter every season, and as Bob McKeznie said, these first two weeks mean nothing
Nothing except a bunch of points.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Ev wrote:Ryan is a notoriously slow starter every season, and as Bob McKeznie said, these first two weeks mean nothing
Nothing except a bunch of points.
No one is allowed to have expecations at this time of year because it's considered "panic". Just blame the Kassassin when things go wrong.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lol he is useless

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

my god, the sky has fallen apparently...going to be a long year if people complain about games they lost in a shootout

NEELY

Mod
Mod

They for sure need to beat the Leafs and they for sure can't be giving up 2 goal leads late in a game. Spezza has to be better, plain and simple. If he plays like that and gives that kind of effort the playoffs will be a struggle to get to. You hope it's just rust but he really needs to start leading.

Ryan I'm not overly concerned about as he is a slow starter and he's come into a new organization with new line mates, needs a grace period for sure.

3 out of 4 points to start the year on the road is solid, they need 4 in the next 4 to really call the begining of this season a success. This roadie out west is exactly the type of trip this team needs to get everyone on the same page. The games are spaced out a good amount and the travel (when there) isn't all that tough.

Michalek is the one player that really worries me and I think everyone else. He's been invisible for the better part of 2 seasons now. He needs to do something, anything to get going.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

6 pp's for the Leafs.. 2 goals ... 1 pp for the Sens 0 goals. That was the difference.

They have given up 13 pp's in 2 games against their opponents -- and only had 5 themselves Completely unacceptable or Tim Peel... pick your choice. Stay out of the box -- especially when the special teams coach is not doing his job.

5 on 5 .. the score was 4-2.

Sens had 14 giveaways to the Leafs 33...

But 3 out of 4 pts on the road to start the season isn't too bad -- especially in back to back games..

Hopefully next pre-season the schedule will allow the Sens to have at least 2 pre-season games with the NHL lineup to get them in sync..

If they play the next 4 road games like they did tonight... they could find themselves down in the standings with only 3 pts out of a possible 12..

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I couldn't watch the game, but if Spezza needs to be better then Mac knows it as well as any of us. He meets with him one on one daily to work on his game, so leave it to our coach to fix.

In the end, this blown leads is a good thing. It's game 2 and it really gives us time to work out the kinks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum