GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa

+8
spader
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
Number Twenty Nine
NEELY
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa Empty Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:30 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The first home game for Ottawa in this pre-season and a taste of things to come in the Battle of Ontario. Ottawa is coming home after 2 wins against the Jets and Flames. Toronto split a pair of games against the Flyers, winning 4-3 to start the pre-season and losing 3-2 in the SO the following night.

The top line, top pairing and #1G will all be in action. Cowen, not yet ready. Turris and MacArthur will sit out as will scoring phenom Buddy, umm, Charles Robinson.

Ottawa's lineup:
Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa OTTTOR_Page_01

2Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa Empty Re: Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:56 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm gonna predict a 5 - ? win for the Sens as my daughter turns 5 officially tomorrow.Cheering 

- Unknown Author

3Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa Empty Re: Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ice Chips have the following lines from today's scrimmage (I've bolded the ones that are on the game roster):

Wednesday's Scrimmage Lines - Group 1

Michalek - Spezza - Ryan
Cowick - Grant - Puempel
Condra - Smith - Kassian
O'Brien - Hobbs

Wednesday's Scrimmage Lines - Group 2

MacArthur - Turris - Conacher
Greening - Zibanejad - Neil
Prince - Pageau - Petersson
Schneider

Based on that I'll predict the lines will be:
Michalek - Spezza - Ryan
Schneider - Grant - Kassian

4Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa Empty Re: Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:15 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Don't forget the D pairings which include Methot, Karlsson, Philips, Wiercioch, Wideman and what's his face.

- Unknown Author

5Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa Empty Re: Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Don't forget the D pairings which include Methot, Karlsson, Philips, Wiercioch, Wideman and what's his face.
Wideman was paired up with Phillips I think. Who is what's his face -- Borocop?

6Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa Empty Re: Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

For what it's worth, the Leafs practice lines:

Wednesday's Practice Lines

Forwards:
Smith/Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
van Riemsdyk - Colborne - Clarkson
Raymond - Bolland - Kulemin
Broll - Kadri - Abbott
Ashton - McClement - Devane

Defence:
Holzer - MacWilliam
Percy - Phaneuf
Rielly - Ranger
Gunnarsson - Marshall
Gardiner - Liles
Brennan - Fraser

Goaltender
Reimer
Bernier
MacIntyre

7Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa Empty Re: Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:23 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Should be a spirited affair at the ol' CTC tonight!

Let's Diddle up these Cussing Diddlers!

8Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa Empty Re: Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:28 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Should be a good pre-season game, never boring with the Leafs. That said you just hope there isn't a guy trying to make a name for himself by taking a run at one of the Sens stars. That said, they see the Leafs starts early next week as well so you think there will be a certain amount of respect shown.

9Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa Empty Re: Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:18 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:
Based on that I'll predict the lines will be:
Michalek - Spezza - Ryan
Schneider - Grant - Kassian
Let's see how the predictions went:

Sylvain St-Laurent ‏@Syl_St_Laurent 16m

Trios des #Sens pour ce soir:
Michalek-Spezza-Ryan,
Greening-Zibanejad-Neil,
Prince-Pageau-Petersson,
Kassian-Grant-Schneider.

#ledroit

10Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa Empty Re: Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:20 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

First PP unit has Karlsson/Wiercioch on the back-end:

Sylvain St-Laurent ‏@Syl_St_Laurent 1m

Pour la première fois du camp, à ma connaissance, MacLean travaille avec le jeu de puissance. Première vague: 19, 6, 9, 65 et 46. #Sens

11Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa Empty Re: Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:41 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The "Killer Ps" -- I like that:

Ken Warren ‏@Citizenkwarren 15m

The Killer P's -- Prince, Pageau, Petersson skating together this am
Expand

12Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa Empty Re: Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:55 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hopefully Prince can put in a solid showing...it'll be a little different than the rookie tourney for him!

13Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa Empty Re: Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:59 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Same with Peterson... that's the kid I really want to see do well.

14Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa Empty Re: Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:04 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Anderson will play the first 2 periods, then Lawson will come in for the save (hopefully).

Really looking forward to seeing the top PP unit. Karlsson's points were never skewed to the PP like most offensive defensemen (most get half of their points or more on the PP). If that Karlsson/Wiercioch pairing works out, with a helathy top line up-front, maybe with some better PP coaching, the Sens could/should be a top-5 team in the league on the PP, and then look out, Karlsson could challenge for 100 points.

15Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa Empty Re: Preseason Game #3: Toronto @ Ottawa Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:42 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It'll probably be Bernier starting for the Leafs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum