GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+17
Cap'n Clutch
Hobiesens
SensHulk
Bramlet07
Flo The Action
Ev
tim1_2
Hoags
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
spader
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Bobby Mac says the Oil are after Miller. Are they reinserting Yak to showcase him?

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Makes some sense as Yakupov and Grigorenko are very familiarwith eeach other

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Goalies are allowed yo be headcases

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Leafs have 2 goals on 3 shots vs the Wild in the 1st. Minny has 19 shots. Leafs up 2-1. Crazy. Kuemper in net for Minny.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lapierre gonna be sitting for a few games after this tonight... hope Boyle is ok.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/10/15/4843002/dan-boyle-taken-off-on-stretcher-after-hit-from-maxim-lapierre

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Crosby already at 12 points in 6 games...could be set for a career year

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just two undefeated teams remain after San Jose rolled over the Blues 6-2. The Sharks and the Avalanche are 6-0 to start the season. The only other team without a regulation loss -- the Calgary Flames. Weird season.

Sens in a playoff spot (barely, on the strength of having 2 ROWs vs. only 1 for the Islanders) after a 6 game road trip to open the season; I'll take it but definitely have to build from here.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So the Leafs are off to a 6-1 start...just like their hot start from a couple years ago. So, who have they beaten?

The Habs, Flyers, Sens (shootout), Nashville, Oilers (OT), and the Wild. Not exactly Grade A competition, considering how the Sens have been playing. Just like a couple years ago...their schedule was soft to start the year. And y'know what? We might be hearing about the Leafs for a while yet...their schedule doesn't get tough until December.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Leafs face Carolina, Chicago and Anaheim in their next three games. Those will be tougher tests for them. 3 game losing streak? Heh heh.

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:Just two undefeated teams remain after San Jose rolled over the Blues 6-2.  The Sharks and the Avalanche are 6-0 to start the season.  The only other team without a regulation loss -- the Calgary Flames.  Weird season.

Sens in a playoff spot (barely, on the strength of having 2 ROWs vs. only 1 for the Islanders) after a 6 game road trip to open the season; I'll take it  but definitely have to build from here.
The divisional standings no longer have anything to do with the playoffs. As of right now, the Sens are out...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?season=20132014&type=WC#&navid=nav-stn-conf

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yep. Gotta watch the wild card. Top 3 from each Div then the next two based on points etc...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Yep. Gotta watch the wild card. Top 3 from each Div then the next two based on points etc...
such Dung.... especially in the east. they should just do the top 8 of each conference.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

ddt wrote:
wprager wrote:Just two undefeated teams remain after San Jose rolled over the Blues 6-2.  The Sharks and the Avalanche are 6-0 to start the season.  The only other team without a regulation loss -- the Calgary Flames.  Weird season.

Sens in a playoff spot (barely, on the strength of having 2 ROWs vs. only 1 for the Islanders) after a 6 game road trip to open the season; I'll take it  but definitely have to build from here.
The divisional standings no longer have anything to do with the playoffs. As of right now, the Sens are out...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?season=20132014&type=WC#&navid=nav-stn-conf
I was looking at the Conference standings (http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?type=con) which show the Sens in 8th place. The Conference standings always showed the playoff seeding. I guess that's no-longer the case. Stoopid NHL. Moronic division names and now this. What use is the Conference standings if it doesn't show the playoff seeding?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
shabbs wrote:Yep. Gotta watch the wild card. Top 3 from each Div then the next two based on points etc...
such Dung.... especially in the east. they should just do the top 8 of each conference.
Conference standings should show the playoff seeding because what they have now is useless. Last year the Conference Standings showed the three division leaders at the top even though they may not have been the top three in the Conference. The rules have changed slightly (instead of the top 1 in each of three divisions it is now the top 3 in each of 2 divisions) but that page never showed the 1 to 16 in the Conference, so why change now?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I'm hoping for a spectacular Leafs collapse later this year Beer 

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:I'm hoping for a spectacular Leafs collapse later this year Beer 
I'm on board for some of that action.

Nod 

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:

Nod 
Real and spectacular?

[img]http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/35583354.jpg[img]

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Beer 
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Nod 
Real and spectacular?

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 65 35583354

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum