GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Habs @ Sens :: Game 4, Round 1 :: 7:00pm ET :: Tue. May. 7th, 2013

+16
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Hobiesens
SensHulk
tim1_2
Ev
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
DirtyDave
Flo The Action
NEELY
rooneypoo
shabbs
wprager
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 20]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Well, with Holtby giving up 4 on 30 shots and Andy stopping 33 of 34 on Sunday, guess who is atop the SV% leaderboard again. His 2.01 GAA is all the way down at 7th. Need a shutout.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:PK downplayed his argument with Pacioretty, laughing it off and telling reporters that they are focusing in on the little things, while they are focusing on the big, important things.

Umm, like picking a fight with a toothpick at the end of the game. Yeah. Big, important things.

I don't believe a word that comes out of that guys mouth... I don't think anyone else really does either. He knows how to handle the media, that's for sure.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, Grapes didn't like P-Mac's timeout, and that's fine. The Stache was certainly just trying to irk Therrien, and it worked. It's all mental games at this point...I have no problem with what Therrien or P-Mac have done to be honest. They are both trying to take the heat off their respective teams. When you're getting demolished on the scoreboard, why not throw out your goons and show that you're not going down easily? Of course, none of the fights really worked in Montreal's favour.

It's a great series, and outside of the silly headshots on Conacher, everything's been fine.

You have to think Montreal will be focussed on winning tonight. Someone will likely challenge Gryba at some point, but I don't see why he should drop the mitts...we don't exactly want to lose him for 5 minutes. We've played the bulk of this series with 5 d-men it seems! Unless the scoreboard gets lopsided again, you likely won't see a rerun of the Game 3 shenanigans.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If PMac wanted to embarrass the Habs, he would have called the timeout, left his players out there, not brought them to the bench and just pointed up to the scoreboard the whole time. That would have been disrespectful and embarrassing.

And hilarious.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, Grapes didn't like P-Mac's timeout, and that's fine. The Stache was certainly just trying to irk Therrien, and it worked. It's all mental games at this point...I have no problem with what Therrien or P-Mac have done to be honest. They are both trying to take the heat off their respective teams. When you're getting demolished on the scoreboard, why not throw out your goons and show that you're not going down easily? Of course, none of the fights really worked in Montreal's favour.

It's a great series, and outside of the silly headshots on Conacher, everything's been fine.

You have to think Montreal will be focussed on winning tonight. Someone will likely challenge Gryba at some point, but I don't see why he should drop the mitts...we don't exactly want to lose him for 5 minutes. We've played the bulk of this series with 5 d-men it seems! Unless the scoreboard gets lopsided again, you likely won't see a rerun of the Game 3 shenanigans.

Ironically, we've won both of the games where we had to play with 5D. Makes the veterans step up and lead.

And the Habs have lost both games where they iced their A lineup.

Weirdness.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I expect the Habs to come out with a different plan today. They'll try to play their game. Rely on speed and skill and avoid the physical game. Sens will have to take the hits to them from the get go and don't let up. Hammer their D, slow them down, force them to the outside, get pucks on net. Their adjustment on the PP seems to be working so keep that up. Habs have been blocking shots like crazy so the slap-passes are on the rise.

All hail The Alfie and Matrix

More big games from the kids... Pageau, Silf, Zib, Turris, Conacher...

Gryba will be back... he'll need to be careful. I'm sure Prust will ask him to answer for his hit but he should not engage. He has nothing to answer for. Let the Habs lose their minds trying to get revenge if they want to. We'll take the PPs.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's easy for Prust to take himself off the ice for 5 minutes, but not so easy for Gryba. Maybe if the game is out-of-hand one way or the other.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sounds like Tim Peel will be one of the refs tonight... Habs fans are not too happy about that. Not sure who he's paired with. Neither side is happy though. So, it all evens out. Wink

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I expect a lot of diving tonight. Refs will call everything to try and set the tone for the game that no funny stuff will be allowed.

Montreal's power play is their bread and butter so they'll try and get an advantage anytime they are touched.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

BooBoo: Senators are on the ice for 1015 AM skate.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

shabbs wrote:BooBoo: Senators are on the ice for 1015 AM skate.

No Michalek, Greening or Alfredsson on the ice again.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hobiesens wrote:

Hopefully just maintenance...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hobiesens wrote:

There's something terribly wrong with Michalek. I haven't seen him struggle this noticeably in a long, long time.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

There's something terribly wrong with Michalek. I haven't seen him struggle this noticeably in a long, long time.

They've said his knee is acting up again. I guess it's time for surgery again in the offseason.

Brent Wallace ‏@tsn_wally
2nd straight game Paul MacLean has not been on the ice for the morning skate.

Maintenance day for the stache ?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:

Michalek may need close to 6-8 months of recovery and rehab when this season is all done. Not sure if he can bounce back but hopefully he can be a 20 goal guy for the next few years until someone else steps it up.

Getting a goal scorer in the off season will be so important.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I literally wouldn't do anything else this summer other than hunt for a good fit for our top line wing position. Nothing else needed really.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:

Hopefully just maintenance...

Same as before Game 3. No Condra either.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Rest up for the BATTLE tonight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum