GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal

+13
wprager
Oglethorpe
sandysensfan
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
Ev
spader
Flo The Action
PTFlea
LeCaptain
tim1_2
shabbs
NEELY
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

16Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal Thu May 02, 2013 10:57 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Sounds like Latendresse might be back with the Swedish Mafia - which is GREAT news!

Michalek - Turris - Alfredsson
Greening - Smith - Neil
Latendresse - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
Concaher - Pageau - Condra

?Something like that I assume. Probably mix and match the first two lines, but we'll see what comes out of practice.

I'd almost be tempted to put Pageau between Michalek and The Alfie. Maybe if things go awry here in game 1.

Yeah, but that line of Pageau, Condra, Conacher has been so good, it's hard to break them up.

17Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal Thu May 02, 2013 11:04 am

spader

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Sounds like Latendresse might be back with the Swedish Mafia - which is GREAT news!

Michalek - Turris - Alfredsson
Greening - Smith - Neil
Latendresse - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
Concaher - Pageau - Condra

?Something like that I assume. Probably mix and match the first two lines, but we'll see what comes out of practice.

I'd almost be tempted to put Pageau between Michalek and The Alfie. Maybe if things go awry here in game 1.

Yeah, but that line of Pageau, Condra, Conacher has been so good, it's hard to break them up.

Seems to me that the 2nd line up there is really the 4th.

18Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal Thu May 02, 2013 11:09 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

oh no

Eugene Melnyk ‏@MelnykEugene 22m
I’m finally on Twitter - thanks for the push guys! #PeskySens open tonight, can’t wait! #GoSensGo!

19Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal Thu May 02, 2013 11:10 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yep...as I said, moving Pageau could be Plan B.

20Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal Thu May 02, 2013 11:12 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:oh no

I’m finally on Twitter - thanks for the push guys! #PeskySens open tonight, can’t wait! #GoSensGo!

This will be fantastic.

21Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal Thu May 02, 2013 11:29 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Brent Wallace: Lines are the same: Michalek Turris Alfredsson; Latendesse Zibanejad Silfverberg; Greening Smith Neil; Conacher Pageau Condra

22Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal Thu May 02, 2013 11:33 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Buckle up!

23Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal Thu May 02, 2013 11:54 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

damn I have a job interview in an hour and I think I'm gonna talk about the Sens by accident

24Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal Thu May 02, 2013 11:56 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

"What kind of supervisor is ideal in your eyes"

"Alfie!"

25Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal Thu May 02, 2013 12:00 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:damn I have a job interview in an hour and I think I'm gonna talk about the Sens by accident

You're hired.

26Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal Thu May 02, 2013 12:01 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The D got switched around a bit: Phillips/Gonchar. Cowen/Gryba. Methot/Karlsson

I like it.

27Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal Thu May 02, 2013 12:06 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I like that way better as subtle a change as that is. Love Cowen/Gryba, going to be hell for the Habs. The league will quickly find out that Gryba is a work horse. Saskatchewan all the way!

28Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal Thu May 02, 2013 12:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, love that Cowen/Gryba pairing. Love all three pairings - even Phillips/Gonchar. Go Sens!

29Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal Thu May 02, 2013 12:10 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I saw a Tweet about O'Rourke being one of the refs for this series? Has anyone else confirmed this? I am assuming it was some kind of sick joke.

30Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal Thu May 02, 2013 12:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:I saw a Tweet about O'Rourke being one of the refs for this series? Has anyone else confirmed this? I am assuming it was some kind of sick joke.

Oh for Diddle sake...you've gotta be kidding.

O’Rourke has suddenly become public enemy number one for Ottawa Senators fans. His ears must be burning from the vitriol he’s receiving after officiating three of the Senators past four games – all losses – where a series of questionable calls have gone against Ottawa.

Accordingly, O’Rourke has become the devil for Senators fans. The more reasonable of the critics believe he has a personal axe to grind against Senators coach Paul MacLean. On the far end are the conspiracy theorists, who suggest it’s all part of a league plot to keep the Senators out of the playoffs. Back off on that one. There’s no grassy knoll in sight.

Still, O’Rourke is hardly above criticism. The latest episode came in the Senators’ 4-3 loss to the Boston Bruins on Tuesday, a high-paced, evenly played game which was ultimately decided when the Bruins’ Dennis Seidenberg beat Senators goaltender Craig Anderson with a slapshot from centre ice. The Senators received four penalties and the Bruins none and Boston scored on two of its power play chances. The game ended with MacLean on the top of the players’ bench, screaming obscenities at O’Rourke and fellow referee Bob Martell.

The history between MacLean and O’Rourke goes back to Jan. 21, when the Senators lost 2-1 to the Anaheim Ducks. Immediately after that game, MacLean went public, saying that O’Rourke told him that defenceman Erik Karlsson was “a diver”, which is the reason he didn’t call a penalty when Karlsson was knocked to the ice by Anaheim’s Ryan Getzlaf in the final minute of the game. Since then, the Senators have been on the wrong end of the referee’s whistle.

In a 4-0 loss to Los Angeles on Jan. 23, where O’Rourke and Tim Peel were the referees, a penalty shot was awarded even though replays showed that a penalty wasn’t warranted. Against Phoenix on Jan. 24, with Peel and Dan O’Halloran serving as referees, an apparent third period tying goal by Daniel Alfredsson was wiped out by a questionable goaltending interference call. Then came Tuesday’s game against Boston.

Remember this Cussing tool? Damn.... Dammit!

31Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal Thu May 02, 2013 12:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What do you think about the crowd at the Bell Center, Andy?

I don't speak french, so they can yell whatever they want at me.

Laugh1

32Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal Thu May 02, 2013 12:57 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yost tweeted something about O'Rourke being a ref for the series yesterday, but then I haven't seen anything else about it.

33Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 1, Round 1 - Ottawa @ Montreal Thu May 02, 2013 1:13 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

LeKing wrote:

Buckle up!
If that really is The Euge... this is gonna be a disaster.

Getcha popcorn ready...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum