GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa vs Montreal - Playoff Series Talk

+11
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
NEELY
shabbs
sandysensfan
Number Twenty Nine
rooneypoo
wprager
SensHulk
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:Sometimes I am unsure why I love the Sens... seriously.

Because you don't let lousy marketing decide what team you cheer for?

Pretty much, just embarassing sitting at the game when the gf goes "didn't he do that in the 80's" and she was only 1 when it happened.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Couple of good ones from DGB:

The view from Ottawa:
They say that an underdog just needs to win one game in front of the other team's fans, which is great news for the Senators since they'll get seven tries.

The view from Montreal:
Have already printed up their "2013 Northeast Division Champs" ball caps, in case you were wondering what Carey Price would be wearing on the bench halfway through each game.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Hopefully the building if filled with way more Sens fans than Habs fans... gotta protect out HOUSE!!!!

Is that the new nickname for The Bank?

Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Bob Cole... so disgusted. Thank God for Galley

They were going to have him cover the Leafs-Bruins series until the Bruins iced the Lucic-Krejci-Daugavins line.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:This would have been so much better on TSN...

I'd take Sportsnet *with Potvin* over Cole.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:Hopefully bad reffing wont kill this for us. The Habs fans taking over Scotiabank will be hard to take in playoff games.

We have what it takes to win this, but it will be no cakewalk for either team.

My number 1 worry is the potential for poor officiating giving the Habs the unfair advantage.

Bruins will face the same tilted ice I think.

I thought games 3 or 4 in Ottawa were basically sold out before the Sens played the Bruins. Now unless most of the Sens season seat holders are actually Habs fans -- how could they fill the building.. UNLESS Sens fans sell them the tickets. Which would severely piss me off.

BTW apparently tonight on the CBC panel for the playoffs.. Mr. Glenn Healey called Karlsson a one-trick pony. I hate that CBC is doing the Sens series... I really hate it. At least Healey is doing his beloved Leafs series.. and I hope they get their asses kicked really bad.

Tickets were sold out before and during the Bruins game. As soon as that one ended, some new tickets were available at way higher prices...
Worst Marketing/Business Dept in hockey...

Those tickets were already made available earlier to the "Sens Insider" mailing list. No excuses. Don't blame this on the marketing department.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Yup, Senators are a joke in terms of their marketing.

On Saturday night at the game, they put up the unbelievable stat where Mario Lemiux scored 5 goals in 5 different ways... but who did they say he did it against? The Rangers which is totally incorrect. What game did they show? Some game in 1993 vs the Rangers... It's embarassing.

Is that the marketing department, though?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:

On Saturday night at the game, they put up the unbelievable stat where Mario Lemiux scored 5 goals in 5 different ways... but who did they say he did it against? The Rangers which is totally incorrect. What game did they show? Some game in 1993 vs the Rangers... It's embarassing.

I hope they give the "Spartan" another shot!!!

Between the eyebrows? Yes.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Sometimes I am unsure why I love the Sens... seriously.

This?

Ottawa vs Montreal - Playoff Series Talk - Page 3 146603659

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:
Tickets were sold out before and during the Bruins game. As soon as that one ended, some new tickets were available at way higher prices...
Worst Marketing/Business Dept in hockey...

To be fair, that strategy made them more money. For a team that doesn't make tons of dough, that was big.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Hopefully the building if filled with way more Sens fans than Habs fans... gotta protect out HOUSE!!!!

Sarcasm
HA HA! Oops.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Sarcasm
HA HA! Oops.

Calling our beloved Scotiabank Place an out house eh, shabbs? Living in Toronto a little too long, I think. PillowFight

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

Is that the marketing department, though?

naw that's the game day event people

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Sarcasm
HA HA! Oops.

Calling our beloved Scotiabank Place an out house eh, shabbs? Living in Toronto a little too long, I think. PillowFight
Sarcasm

Clearly.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Mendes: Note: Milan Michalek & Chris Phillips are not skating today.

Sens practice lines: Greening-Turris-Alfredsson. Latendresse-Zibanejad-Silfverberg. Kassian-Smith-Neil. Condra-Pageau-Conacher.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Via The Douche: Defence: Methot-Karlsson, Cowen-Gonchar, Wiercioch-Gryba #nhl #sens

https://twitter.com/SunDoniB/status/329273777114468354

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Mendes: Note: Milan Michalek & Chris Phillips are not skating today.

Sens practice lines: Greening-Turris-Alfredsson. Latendresse-Zibanejad-Silfverberg. Kassian-Smith-Neil. Condra-Pageau-Conacher.

Phillips tweaked his knee but is expected to play. Hopefully Michalek is only there to provide first-hand-experienced advice.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Regarding tickets, you can get singles in the 400s to the Detroit @ Anaheim game for as low as $18. Get 4 together for $21 each.

I hope they didn't hold back 1000 tickets just so they could sell them at a higher price later.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum