GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa vs Montreal - Playoff Series Talk

+11
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
NEELY
shabbs
sandysensfan
Number Twenty Nine
rooneypoo
wprager
SensHulk
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sandysensfan wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:Hopefully bad reffing wont kill this for us. The Habs fans taking over Scotiabank will be hard to take in playoff games.

We have what it takes to win this, but it will be no cakewalk for either team.

My number 1 worry is the potential for poor officiating giving the Habs the unfair advantage.

Bruins will face the same tilted ice I think.

I thought games 3 or 4 in Ottawa were basically sold out before the Sens played the Bruins. Now unless most of the Sens season seat holders are actually Habs fans -- how could they fill the building.. UNLESS Sens fans sell them the tickets. Which would severely piss me off.

BTW apparently tonight on the CBC panel for the playoffs.. Mr. Glenn Healey called Karlsson a one-trick pony. I hate that CBC is doing the Sens series... I really hate it. At least Healey is doing his beloved Leafs series.. and I hope they get their asses kicked really bad.

IMO, there's no reason to get mad about Healey, it's one less 'expert' to listen to (lol). I personally stopped listening to that windbag when he first started. I bet there was at least one analyst who disagreed with him - and there's a reason for that as he's full of Dung.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:The reply button disappeared. Anyways, Prags that's why I said relatively he's struggling. To still have 4 games where he was sub-0.900% isn't exactly telling me he's not struggling.

My point was that he didn't slip from .94x to .91x but that he had some games where he was pretty bad, and other games where he was brilliant. So inconsistent as opposed to a simple drop.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

sandysensfan wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:Hopefully bad reffing wont kill this for us. The Habs fans taking over Scotiabank will be hard to take in playoff games.

My number 1 worry is the potential for poor officiating giving the Habs the unfair advantage.

I thought games 3 or 4 in Ottawa were basically sold out before the Sens played the Bruins. Now unless most of the Sens season seat holders are actually Habs fans -- how could they fill the building.. UNLESS Sens fans sell them the tickets. Which would severely piss me off.

BTW apparently tonight on the CBC panel for the playoffs.. Mr. Glenn Healey called Karlsson a one-trick pony. I hate that CBC is doing the Sens series... I really hate it. At least Healey is doing his beloved Leafs series.. and I hope they get their asses kicked really bad.

Scalpers are not necessarily fans of one or the other. They go online and buy all they can so they can then sell it at a premium. Worst case (Washington) would have been to recover their initial investment and maybe make a small profit. But if it ended up Montreal or even Boston they could make a decent profit.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hopefully the building if filled with way more Sens fans than Habs fans... gotta protect our HOUSE!!!!

EDIT: Fixed the oops.

Last edited by shabbs on Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Who's calling the Sens/Habs series on CBC?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Bob Cole... so disgusted. Thank God for Galley

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

This would have been so much better on TSN...

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:

Tickets were sold out before and during the Bruins game. As soon as that one ended, some new tickets were available at way higher prices...
Worst Marketing/Business Dept in hockey...

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yup, Senators are a joke in terms of their marketing.

On Saturday night at the game, they put up the unbelievable stat where Mario Lemiux scored 5 goals in 5 different ways... but who did they say he did it against? The Rangers which is totally incorrect. What game did they show? Some game in 1993 vs the Rangers... It's embarassing.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Yup, Senators are a joke in terms of their marketing.

On Saturday night at the game, they put up the unbelievable stat where Mario Lemiux scored 5 goals in 5 different ways... but who did they say he did it against? The Rangers which is totally incorrect. What game did they show? Some game in 1993 vs the Rangers... It's embarassing.

I hope they give the "Spartan" another shot!!!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Sometimes I am unsure why I love the Sens... seriously.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:Sometimes I am unsure why I love the Sens... seriously.
Good thing you love the team and not the marketing department.

Wink

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I just don't understand how things get through so many people and then presented to the public. If I gave my bosses garbage like that I would be fired.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Because you don't let lousy marketing decide what team you cheer for?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:I just don't understand how things get through so many people and then presented to the public. If I gave my bosses garbage like that I would be fired.

They probably work cheap which is all that matters to Big Gene. He can just keep telling us how knowledgeable we are and we'll forget what a low-rent operation he's running. Beer

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:

Because you don't let lousy marketing decide what team you cheer for?

Pretty much, just embarassing sitting at the game when the gf goes "didn't he do that in the 80's" and she was only 1 when it happened.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Couple of good ones from DGB:

The view from Ottawa:
They say that an underdog just needs to win one game in front of the other team's fans, which is great news for the Senators since they'll get seven tries.

The view from Montreal:
Have already printed up their "2013 Northeast Division Champs" ball caps, in case you were wondering what Carey Price would be wearing on the bench halfway through each game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Hopefully the building if filled with way more Sens fans than Habs fans... gotta protect out HOUSE!!!!

Is that the new nickname for The Bank?

Sarcasm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum