GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Should Be Done With Gaborik?

+5
Jordo
smash88
beerandsens
BigRig
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What Should Be Done With Gaborik?

What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Vote_lcap214%What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Vote_rcap2 14% [ 4 ]
What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Vote_lcap224%What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Vote_rcap2 24% [ 7 ]
What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Vote_lcap231%What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Vote_rcap2 31% [ 9 ]
What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Vote_lcap20%What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Vote_lcap20%What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Vote_lcap231%What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Vote_rcap2 31% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 29

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Empty What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:53 pm

I think he should be traded as soon as possible. he's shown he doesn't want to be there anymore, so get something while you can

2What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Empty Re: What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I was tempted to vote 'shoot', but....yeah...trade away there Minny.

3What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Empty Re: What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:30 pm

504Heater wrote:I was tempted to vote 'shoot', but....yeah...trade away there Minny.
Gaborick may very well be the most talented and fastest player on the planet. but he's too injury prone, and just doesn't seem to fit Minny's system

4What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Empty Re: What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tukker wrote:
504Heater wrote:I was tempted to vote 'shoot', but....yeah...trade away there Minny.
Gaborick may very well be the most talented and fastest player on the planet. but he's too injury prone, and just doesn't seem to fit Minny's system

Yeah, make it a nice trade, but do it soon!

5What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Empty Re: What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:37 pm

504Heater wrote:
Tukker wrote:

Kesler, Cody Hodgson, Grabner/Hanson, and a 1st if a deal can be reached before the trade.

6What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Empty Re: What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tukker wrote:
504Heater wrote:
Tukker wrote:

Kesler, Cody Hodgson, Grabner/Hanson, and a 1st if a deal can be reached before the trade.

WTF! Deal! Deal! Deal!

I've kept a good eye on Kesler and he's Fisher with hands. Hodgson and Grabner and a 1st would be a massive overpayment.

7What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Empty Re: What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:50 pm

504Heater wrote:
Tukker wrote:
504Heater wrote:
Tukker wrote:

WTF! Deal! Deal! Deal!

I've kept a good eye on Kesler and he's Fisher with hands. Hodgson and Grabner and a 1st would be a massive overpayment.
i wrote it wrong, i meant Hodgson or both Grabner and Hanson. I've watched Kesler too, but gaborik is just beyond this world. Imagine him surrounded by other offensive players. Imagine if some team(say Vancouver) signs him and Hossa? Imagine...

8What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Empty Re: What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:07 pm

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

Yesterday, Ek was stating that Ottawa has been making an agressive push to land Gaborik. I know he loves to get the Ottawa gang going but...could it be?

Let's say we do it...what would we be sending?

I'm gonna start with players we know could go

Schubert (883K)
Nikulin
McAmmond (875)
and SJ's 1st round pick?

for

Gaborik
and a depth player they don't want anymore?

I'm just not sure about how the money could work.

The only way is if Murray gets rid of Gerber and goes with Auld & Elliott

or....what I DON'T want is for us to trade Vermette or Kelly....

rock and a hard place here....

maybe we should just wait til the deadline to fit the remaining parts of other big salaries. ...

9What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Empty Re: What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We have to wait until the deadline. Gaborick is 6 million bucks worth of secondary scoring, we could use him obviously, but we'd have to give up Foligno, Winchester, Vermette and a 1st to get him - which rapes our team's depth.

10What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Empty Re: What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:35 pm

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:We have to wait until the deadline. Gaborick is 6 million bucks worth of secondary scoring, we could use him obviously, but we'd have to give up Foligno, Winchester, Vermette and a 1st to get him - which rapes our team's depth.

How do you figure Foligno, Vermette, AND Winchester....there's no way we're parting of Foligno or Winchester...Murray won't do it.

Vermette...fine, but those other two....

how about then...

Vermette, Schubert, McAmmond and a 1st? (and maybe a 2nd rounder?)

11What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Empty Re: What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:34 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

I'm probably alone on this one, but Gaborik? NO THANKS Razz He would have to be waaaaay cheaper before I'd even consider it. And factoring in who we'd have to give up to get him, I figure we'd lose grit and prospects and negatively impact our overall depth just to add some scoring and regain our stigma as a soft team. Gaborik is not a complete player, he is the fastest snipe show made of glass you will ever see.

12What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Empty Re: What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:35 am

beerandsens wrote:I'm probably alone on this one, but Gaborik? NO THANKS Razz He would have to be waaaaay cheaper before I'd even consider it. And factoring in who we'd have to give up to get him, I figure we'd lose grit and prospects and negatively impact our overall depth just to add some scoring and regain our stigma as a soft team. Gaborik is not a complete player, he is the fastest snipe show made of glass you will ever see.
not worth the risk. he's a great player, but we couldn't afford him. and we'd have to give up to much for him at the deadline.

PS- thanks to whoever put this at the side.

13What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Empty Re: What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:09 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

beerandsens wrote:I'm probably alone on this one, but Gaborik? NO THANKS Razz He would have to be waaaaay cheaper before I'd even consider it. And factoring in who we'd have to give up to get him, I figure we'd lose grit and prospects and negatively impact our overall depth just to add some scoring and regain our stigma as a soft team. Gaborik is not a complete player, he is the fastest snipe show made of glass you will ever see.

agreed 100%

14What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Empty Re: What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:12 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Agreed.
I'd rather trade Vermette, Schub +1st and maybe even throw in Deano for scraps and sign Sundin.

Imagine:

Heatley-Spezza-Winchester
Alfie-Sundin-Fisher
Donovan-Kelly-Foligno
Ruutu-Bass-Neil

Oh boy.

15What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Empty Re: What Should Be Done With Gaborik? Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:24 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I could definitively live with that roster :-)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum