GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gaborik to PIT?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gaborik to PIT? Empty Gaborik to PIT? Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:07 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

HAHAHA......

Know, we all know how Eklund merely passes on what he hears, but how can anyone honestly believe that Pittsburgh could land Gaborik and expect to keep the team they have now? At some point if you are a "journalist" and someone says something liek this, you should probably not even bother reporting it.

And for those out there thinking this is only to create a "buzz" well, I for one refuse to comment on anything from hockeybuzz on the forums there, I'd rather come here and discuss with smart people.

2Gaborik to PIT? Empty Re: Gaborik to PIT? Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:55 pm

Usually I would dismiss it as nothing, but I could see Jordan Staal heading the other way. They likely won't be able to re-sign either one and Gaborik is a definite top-6 upgrade over Staal.

3Gaborik to PIT? Empty Re: Gaborik to PIT? Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:39 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I think they have a better chance at re-signing Staal - we've seen plenty of instances where we think a player's going to get paid league max and instead signs a surprisingly cheaper deal. If I am Pittsburgh I'd probably make the trade considering how many centers the team has, and Minnesota would take Staal, and at least a pick coming back as well. Staal is a Minny player.

I think it'd be a waste to make the trade with no intention of re-signing the player coming back though.

4Gaborik to PIT? Empty Re: Gaborik to PIT? Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yikes. That would suck.

5Gaborik to PIT? Empty Re: Gaborik to PIT? Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:13 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I doubt Minnesota gets a pick as well out of a deal involving Gaborik and Staal. Staal is more durable, slated to be a top line center and infinitely better defensively.

I actually think this trade makes sense for both sides. Gaborik could be a 60 goal scorer with Crosby feeding him the buscuit; and, Staal would flourish on a top line role in Minnesota.

6Gaborik to PIT? Empty Re: Gaborik to PIT? Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:06 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:I doubt Minnesota gets a pick as well out of a deal involving Gaborik and Staal. Staal is more durable, slated to be a top line center and infinitely better defensively.

I actually think this trade makes sense for both sides. Gaborik could be a 60 goal scorer with Crosby feeding him the buscuit; and, Staal would flourish on a top line role in Minnesota.

What does Pittsburgh do with Gaborik? Re-sign him for 8.7 as well?

They'll lose Staal for nothing - unless Gaborik can lead them to a Cup.

7Gaborik to PIT? Empty Re: Gaborik to PIT? Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:18 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This move doesn't make any sense to me... But hey, stranger moves have been rumored and then ACTUALLY go down that still leave me scratching my head... LOL

I think Shero can taste the cup after last year, and once again this year and at the deadline will go BALLS-OUT to put his Pens over the top. Hopefully, he doesn't fall short...AGAIN...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum