GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jay Bouwmeester for Marian Gaborik?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jay Bouwmeester for Marian Gaborik? Empty Jay Bouwmeester for Marian Gaborik? Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:18 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Really? Why does Minnesota need more (young) defenceman?

Burns, Schultz, Bergeron, Skoula, Zidlicky, Johnsson, Foster...

If you're going to move Gaborik, why not get some offensive forwards in return?

2Jay Bouwmeester for Marian Gaborik? Empty Re: Jay Bouwmeester for Marian Gaborik? Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Huh...now why would they do this? I agree, they have a ton of young D-men. They would have to have a 2nd deal prepared for a forward using Johansson or Skoula or eventually Foster.

I hear the Toronto rumours...and I have to say, they make sense. Steen and McCabe is almost fair for Bow. I'm sure Martin would love to drop Steen and take a 1st rounder, but that's not an option.

Man could Florida ever use a McCabe. Pure offense from the backend.

3Jay Bouwmeester for Marian Gaborik? Empty Re: Jay Bouwmeester for Marian Gaborik? Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:22 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:Huh...now why would they do this? I agree, they have a ton of young D-men. They would have to have a 2nd deal prepared for a forward using Johansson or Skoula or eventually Foster.

I hear the Toronto rumours...and I have to say, they make sense. Steen and McCabe is almost fair for Bow. I'm sure Martin would love to drop Steen and take a 1st rounder, but that's not an option.

Man could Florida ever use a McCabe. Pure offense from the backend.

I sure hope it doesn't happen because their D is going to be scary good in a couple years with Schen, Kaberle, Bow and I'm not sure who else they have.

4Jay Bouwmeester for Marian Gaborik? Empty Re: Jay Bouwmeester for Marian Gaborik? Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:37 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Anyone else considering a Foster for Vermette trade once he's back in the game and good to go? Vermette is the ideal Minnesota player and Foster's a homegrown defenceman. If not, I guess I will settle for Brent Burns :bounce:

5Jay Bouwmeester for Marian Gaborik? Empty Re: Jay Bouwmeester for Marian Gaborik? Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:56 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:Anyone else considering a Foster for Vermette trade once he's back in the game and good to go? Vermette is the ideal Minnesota player and Foster's a homegrown defenceman. If not, I guess I will settle for Brent Burns :bounce:

I'm not sure I want to trade Vermette now that we have him for such a good price. I'd prefer to concentrate on getting Mesz signed and see how things progress during the season first.

6Jay Bouwmeester for Marian Gaborik? Empty Re: Jay Bouwmeester for Marian Gaborik? Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

The Foster trade wouldn't be at least until next season though since I don't know if he's even set to return this season.

I'd rather trade Meszaros right now since he doesn't seem to grasp the idea of team player.

7Jay Bouwmeester for Marian Gaborik? Empty Re: Jay Bouwmeester for Marian Gaborik? Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:47 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:The Foster trade wouldn't be at least until next season though since I don't know if he's even set to return this season.

I'd rather trade Meszaros right now since he doesn't seem to grasp the idea of team player.

As long as we get someone who can help us now in the puck moving department and into the future then I'm OK with that idea.

8Jay Bouwmeester for Marian Gaborik? Empty Re: Jay Bouwmeester for Marian Gaborik? Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:50 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I put up some ideas in the "Getting Ridiculous" thread.

9Jay Bouwmeester for Marian Gaborik? Empty Re: Jay Bouwmeester for Marian Gaborik? Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:53 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:I put up some ideas in the "Getting Ridiculous" thread.

Are you talking about suggestions for the forum? If so can you put them all into one post in the suggestion box topic under Anouncements and Suggestions?

10Jay Bouwmeester for Marian Gaborik? Empty Re: Jay Bouwmeester for Marian Gaborik? Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:04 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

no, i meant trade ideas involving Meszaros.

11Jay Bouwmeester for Marian Gaborik? Empty Re: Jay Bouwmeester for Marian Gaborik? Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:09 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:The Foster trade wouldn't be at least until next season though since I don't know if he's even set to return this season.

Amen to that!
I'm at the point now where even though Mezie is valuable to the team, his ego and sense of entitlement is truly beginning to grate on my nerves; so Murray, at this point, pull the trigger and grab a puck-moving D-man and let's get this show on the road!

cheers

12Jay Bouwmeester for Marian Gaborik? Empty Re: Jay Bouwmeester for Marian Gaborik? Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:19 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

At least Vermette took a reasonable price but a shorter term.. why can't Mesz?

Cron - you got any trade ideas?

13Jay Bouwmeester for Marian Gaborik? Empty Re: Jay Bouwmeester for Marian Gaborik? Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:11 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cronenbergfan wrote:
Amen to that!
I'm at the point now where even though Mezie is valuable to the team, his ego and sense of entitlement is truly beginning to grate on my nerves; so Murray, at this point, pull the trigger and grab a puck-moving D-man and let's get this show on the road!

cheers

Well, now, we don't really know that for sure. You're inferring what Meszaros is thinking and feeling from his actions, and you may well be correct. However that still doesn't mean that he cannot, in time, become a valuable (or even invaluable) member of this organization. After all, as Heater reminded us, Alfie held out on three occasions, missing camp twice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum