GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2012/13 Lineup

+10
tim1_2
shabbs
spader
LeCaptain
Hoags
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
wprager
NEELY
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 11]

312012/13 Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:30 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

So Bruce is saying Murray is getting calls about Bishop and Lehner... I honestly think they want Lehner in Ottawa this year because there is no reason for him to be back in the AHL.

322012/13 Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:36 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:So Bruce is saying Murray is getting calls about Bishop and Lehner... I honestly think they want Lehner in Ottawa this year because there is no reason for him to be back in the AHL.

How so ?

The entire NHL knows we have a surplus of goalies and we're thin on D. Of course we'll see tire kicking from other teams.

Doesn't mean they want Lehner in the NHL now, just that they could make room for him if it makes sense down the road.

332012/13 Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:41 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:So Bruce is saying Murray is getting calls about Bishop and Lehner... I honestly think they want Lehner in Ottawa this year because there is no reason for him to be back in the AHL.

Except maybe his two-way contract. With Anderson and Bishop there's less reason for him to be in the NHL. Lehner's time will come and when all is said and done he'll be the longest-serving #1 goalie the modern-day Senatesnores have had. No big rush right now.

342012/13 Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:43 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

They want Lehner in the NHL, he's proven time and time again he's ready. He proved it in the AHL playoffs, he proved it while he was playing in the AHL, and he's proved it by being the best goaltender in the AHL right now.

There is no reason to keep him in Bingo. None. Some fans think a goalie shouldn't play a game until he has 7 years under his belt in the AHL.

Lehner is probably better than 1/2 the NHL right now and is probably the best goaltender in the organization as we speak. If he's the best goalie at camp (which he will be) why should he be sent down?

352012/13 Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:45 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Except maybe his two-way contract. With Anderson and Bishop there's less reason for him to be in the NHL. Lehner's time will come and when all is said and done he'll be the longest-serving #1 goalie the modern-day Senatesnores have had. No big rush right now.

If Lehner is the best goalie in camp why shouldn't he play? Because of his contract? Imagine if Silfverberg was sent down after being the best player in camp because of his contract? It wouldn't happen. You make room for the best players in your organization, simple as that. He has nothing left to gain from being in the AHL.

362012/13 Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:47 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:They want Lehner in the NHL, he's proven time and time again he's ready. He proved it in the AHL playoffs, he proved it while he was playing in the AHL, and he's proved it by being the best goaltender in the AHL right now.

There is no reason to keep him in Bingo. None. Some fans think a goalie shouldn't play a game until he has 7 years under his belt in the AHL.

Lehner is probably better than 1/2 the NHL right now and is probably the best goaltender in the organization as we speak. If he's the best goalie at camp (which he will be) why should he be sent down?

And some fans have ADD and always want the new guy to come in right away. I'm not arguing the talent. I've heard someone call him the best active goalie in the WORLD right now, which I don't even disagree with. With the depth we have now and his contract status his place is in the AHL until those things change.

372012/13 Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:49 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

So next year, his ECL is up. You sign a rookie to a one way deal knowing full well he hasn't been tested in the NHL in over 18 months? Yah, good call. His contract is probably a reason for having him in the NHL and not having him play in the AHL.

And yes, I fully believe he was the best active goaltender in the world up until the point the NHL returned. I thought he was ready last year and what he's done in the AHL in that time has only proven me right.

382012/13 Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:52 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:So next year, his ECL is up. You sign a rookie to a one way deal knowing full well he hasn't been tested in the NHL in over 18 months? Yah, good call. His contract is probably a reason for having him in the NHL and not having him play in the AHL.

What difference does that make if you've already determined that he's a slam-dunk NHLer and perennial "best goalie in camp?" He has nothing to prove so you sign that deal no matter what.

392012/13 Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:56 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:

He hasn't even done ONE full season. He has the skill, he just needs the track record.

402012/13 Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

When do trades begin to be processed? Is it Saturday after they ratify the deal?

412012/13 Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

He hasn't even done ONE full season. He has the skill, he just needs the track record.

I'm sure Neely realizes what everyone is saying. It hurts nothing to have him spend another 40+ games in the AHL, then lead Bingo into the playoffs - in fact, it helps a LOT for him to play NHL hockey next year.

422012/13 Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:58 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:When do trades begin to be processed? Is it Saturday after they ratify the deal?

Good question but it's mentioned in the media that many trades are expected Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

432012/13 Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:58 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

You don't sign a guy to a 1 way deal if he hasn't played in the NHL for at least 1/2 a season. A guy like O'Brien, it took him more than a brief call up in 2011 to get a 1 way deal, a 1/2 season last year showed and proved he belonged. He got his deal then.

Lehner needs to be in the NHL now because if he is indeed the best goaltender in camp (and he will be better than Anderson all things considered) and you send him back to a lesser league he has basically run through, that could be a huge blow and create something that neither party wants.

Sure you might use the excuse "well if that rattles him" etc etc... maybe it doesn't. Maybe it pisses him off to the point he won't resign with the Sens and asks to be traded. Not like that kind of thing doesn't happen all the time... see Turris.

442012/13 Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:59 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

He's better than the league he plays in, simple as that. His track record of being the Calder Cup MVP and all-star AHL goaltender is good enough for those who are worried about that kind of thing.

452012/13 Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:00 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

I'm sure Neely realizes what everyone is saying. It hurts nothing to have him spend another 40+ games in the AHL, then lead Bingo into the playoffs - in fact, it helps a LOT for him to play NHL hockey next year.

I'm saying it might hurt him, yah.

462012/13 Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

O'Brien to wear 18 apparently.

472012/13 Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

I'm saying it might hurt him, yah.

He'll only get better...it's the same with any goaltender.

482012/13 Lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:02 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Sure you might use the excuse "well if that rattles him" etc etc... maybe it doesn't. Maybe it pisses him off to the point he won't resign with the Sens and asks to be traded. Not like that kind of thing doesn't happen all the time... see Turris.

The Murrays have already rattled him plenty and he came back more mature and better than ever.

Lehner knows his time is coming up soon.

We don't need another Emery situation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum