GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2012/13 Lineup

+20
Oglethorpe
sens4win
stempniaksen
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
cash
spader
Riprock
sandysensfan
wprager
Ev
dennycrane
PTFlea
rooneypoo
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
tim1_2
SensHulk
NEELY
24 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

12012/13 Lineup Empty 2012/13 Lineup Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:02 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

It’s fair to talk about it now since the playoffs are over and done with for the Sens. What does next years lineup look like? What spots are available and who won’t be back. If I had to guess it goes like this.

Michalek/Spezza/(UFA/trade)
Silfverberg/Turris/Alfi
Foligno/Zibanejad/Neil
Greening/JOB/Smith
Condra/Konopka

First call ups would be Stone, Hoffman, Da Costa, and Petersson

Cowen/Karlsson
(UFA/trade)/Gonchar
Phillips/Carkner
Boroweicki

First calls up would be Wiercoich and Gryba

Anderson
Bishop

First call up would be Lehner (obviously)

Obvious UFA are Parise and Suter. I wouldn’t hold your breath but they should offer them 7 mil long term each if they have a shot. Penner is another UFA that Murray may target. Bottom of the barrel might be Hesulius.
Bryan Allen from Carolina might be a guy that could add a much needed steady presence to the Sens blueline as well. If the Sens are looking for another RH shot on the PP Sami Salo for a year or two also makes sense.

Trade route, I think the best choice for a guy that might be on the block is Havlat. He’s injury prone for sure but he’s also automatic in the playoffs and brings a ton of skill to the lineup which the Sens need in a big way.

22012/13 Lineup Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:12 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

That lineup looks good. Like you said, Parise and Suter should be targeted like a mofo. I do think after the playoffs he had, Kuba is done in Ottawa.

IMO, trade bait for Ottawa should look like Michalek, Foligno, and Gonchar. Not sure if Zibby will be able to start the season in Ottawa but if it's the 3rd line, I think I'd be happy with it. We lacked some serious skill in the playoffs and he seems like a clutch player to have.

32012/13 Lineup Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:14 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Your lineup looks good to me, Neely.

Havlat is a guy I would take in a second if presented the opportunity.

The hole(s) on D is a big question mark at this point. Not much available via free agency, but there are some interesting names out there: http://www.capgeek.com/free_agents.php?year_id=2012&team_id=-1&position_id=D&fa_type_id=2

I like Garrison, but we could go a million ways with this.

42012/13 Lineup Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:18 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

you don't want to trade much for Havlat. he might play 20 games a year.

52012/13 Lineup Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:20 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Bryan Allen is my choice if they are looking for a rock back there. Not old, has a ton of good hockey left, LH shot, would be a very solid pairing for Karlsson. Brings a lot more to the table than Kuba.

If the Sens need that big shot from the point with Karlsson then yah, Garisson might be a guy they should target. Makes a ton of sense just have trouble wrapping my head around one good season in a defense first system.

62012/13 Lineup Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:22 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:That lineup looks good. Like you said, Parise and Suter should be targeted like a mofo. I do think after the playoffs he had, Kuba is done in Ottawa.

IMO, trade bait for Ottawa should look like Michalek, Foligno, and Gonchar. Not sure if Zibby will be able to start the season in Ottawa but if it's the 3rd line, I think I'd be happy with it. We lacked some serious skill in the playoffs and he seems like a clutch player to have.

The fact of the matter is, Murray isn't gunshy and he definitely will be after both of those guys. Ultimately, It's up to Parise and Suter, though.

72012/13 Lineup Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:39 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

@ Rooney.

Yah, getting Nash for what they would want would be pointless, I said as much. But that's the kind of game breaker the Sens need at this point.

I like the Havlat option a lot as he brings a lot of what's needed at this point. A top line guy who is basically a PPG player when he plays and is usually huge in the playoffs. The thing with his injuries though is there are about 4 or 5 younger guys that can step into the lineup when he is out to fill that role short term and get a shot.

Not sure what you would need to give up for Havlat but they may be looking to retool in a big way in SJ.

82012/13 Lineup Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:06 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
The fact of the matter is, Murray isn't gunshy and he definitely will be after both of those guys. Ultimately, It's up to Parise and Suter, though.

It's up to Melnyk and if he'll authorize that kind of $$$ being tossed around on July 1st.

92012/13 Lineup Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:25 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

It's up to Melnyk and if he'll authorize that kind of $$$ being tossed around on July 1st.

There goes that idea, then.

JUL 2, 2012: Appearing on the Fan 590 in Taranna via a phone call from Barbados, Eugene Melnyk spoke about the free agent frenzy that saw a lot of activity from most teams besides the Senators. "Any idiot can go out and sign a free agent, blah blah blah... our fans are the most knowledgeable... blah blah blah it takes patience and years of development, blah blah blah, you know what, this is Hockey Country blah blah blah supporting the community blah blah blah..."

102012/13 Lineup Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:45 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:@ Rooney.

Yah, getting Nash for what they would want would be pointless, I said as much. But that's the kind of game breaker the Sens need at this point.

I like the Havlat option a lot as he brings a lot of what's needed at this point. A top line guy who is basically a PPG player when he plays and is usually huge in the playoffs. The thing with his injuries though is there are about 4 or 5 younger guys that can step into the lineup when he is out to fill that role short term and get a shot.

Not sure what you would need to give up for Havlat but they may be looking to retool in a big way in SJ.

I've been saying this since about this time last year, but Parise would make the perfect heir to Alfie. For me, you go broke pursuing that guy if he's available. If not, yeah, all options are on the table.

112012/13 Lineup Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

First things first...

1.Are we trading or keeping Foligno? He's got a lot of value on the market I would guess, but would we be making a mistake trading him...

2.If not him, what is the organization thinking of trading in order to get someone? Da Costa? Puempel? Foligno? Z.Smith? Wiercioch?

3.We have to wait and see what Parise decides, but there's not a great chance on that one + UFAs are obviously a crapshoot.

122012/13 Lineup Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I also wouldn't trade Michalek as I view him as a perfect 2nd liner for Turris.

132012/13 Lineup Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:14 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Can't see Zibanejad starting the year with the team. With an off year this year and the switch to NA ice, I could see him playing a half year in Bingo and when he comes up to the team, he stays up.

Hoping Alfie sticks around. That is a huge hole in the lineup that they cannot replace immediately from within.

I hope they rid themselves of Foligno if for no other reason that he drives me nuts as a fan. I agree that he has a lot of good attributes but he just can't seem to put it all together. Maybe trade him while there is still good value?

142012/13 Lineup Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:22 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Foligno was super effective in the playoffs, had a decent season, and doesn't make a ton of cash. Don't see why he would be dealt unless they are planning on making an offer for Chris Kelly come July 1. If that's the case then yah, he might not be back.

152012/13 Lineup Empty Re: 2012/13 Lineup Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:24 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:2.If not him, what is the organization thinking of trading in order to get someone? Da Costa? Puempel? Foligno? Z.Smith? Wiercioch?

Packaging all those guys together might get something of value.

Individually, none of those guys are going to bring in a significant piece.

Foligno is a good 3rd line winger, and needs to be used as such.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum