GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

WTF Ottawa

+3
Riprock
NEELY
22_4_ever
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31WTF Ottawa - Page 3 Empty Re: WTF Ottawa Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:44 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:SRB 4 EVER!!!!!

Ha. I knew there was something wrong with you.

32WTF Ottawa - Page 3 Empty Re: WTF Ottawa Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:47 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Figure skaters are the strongest skaters on the planet and should be teaching power skating.

There's a woman who does clinics around the Rideau - St. Lawrence region. Can't remember her name though. She's apparently tough on her students too kinda like that Cookie fella.

33WTF Ottawa - Page 3 Empty Re: WTF Ottawa Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:49 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:Figure skaters are the strongest skaters on the planet and should be teaching power skating.

There's a woman who does clinics around the Rideau - St. Lawrence region. Can't remember her name though. She's apparently tough on her students too kinda like that Cookie fella.

Yah, women are fantastic hockey instructors a lot of the time and don't get near the credit they deserve. Especially the ones who teach power skating from the simplest cross over to using your edges to really learning how to dig in and use your legs to generate power.

34WTF Ottawa - Page 3 Empty Re: WTF Ottawa Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:22 am

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

tim1_2 wrote:
22_4_ever wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
22_4_ever wrote:Bucky Buchannan was one of my teachers in school and I attended his power skating school as well. I doubt seriously that there are two guys in Ottawa running power skating in Ottawa named Bucky.

Now, there are a couple of very good ones, although they all charge an arm and a leg.

Perfect Skating if very good, so is Edgeworks and Turcotte's.

All are very good, but no where near as hard core as they were when we were young.

Bucky Buchannan was my high school law teacher. Quite the character.

A Bell Grad?

Yes. You?

Yap...

Bucky was my home room teacher, I never took Law with him, but had him every day for home room for 15 minutes. Best part of the day and it sounds funny but that 10-15 minutes with him made it worth getting up and going to school (on the days when I didn't have football or hockey practice early).

For those who went to bell..(and we had our share of good hockey players start there at least).

There were some awesome characters posing as teachers...
Mr. Wolfe, RoseBud! Mr. Maholoooootra

Ahh the good ole days...

but this is about hockey...

Neely..I just couldn't imagine my 8 year old going away to a camp. But then again he's a real mommy/daddy's boy. We've had plenty of friends over for sleepovers, but he never gets past 11:00 at another families house (even our best friends he's grown up with). If the kids are ok being away from home, I couldn't agree more. Going away to a camp (hockey or otherweise) teaches the kids independence and gives them a real good chance to learn early who they are.

I keep hoping he turns the corner and gets comfortable being away from home, so one day he can experience the things I got to growing up.

On another note, I've been in talks with some parents in the west end about running a very small set of sessions this summer. Getting some of the better coaches from the winter and spring leagues to come out and have the kids on the ice working on the things that are essential but not worked on enough during the season.

You've given me some great ideas, and hopefully we can get it together. Not really a camp, more a pool of parents getting together to rent ice and reinforce the essentials and basics.

Last edited by 22_4_ever on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total

35WTF Ottawa - Page 3 Empty Re: WTF Ottawa Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:24 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

All I can say is skating, skating, skating.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum