GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+20
Amnesia021
Number Twenty Nine
DirtyDave
sens4win
22_4_ever
DefenceWinsChampionships
stempniaksen
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Ev
SensHulk
Hoags
Riprock
NEELY
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
Sounds like it's Luongo or bust for the leafs now. Don't think there's much left in terms of goalies in UFA

I hope they go with Scrivens and Reimer, the fireworks and collapse should be entertaining to watch Laugh1

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Sounds like it's Luongo or bust for the leafs now. Don't think there's much left in terms of goalies in UFA

I hope they go with Scrivens and Reimer, the fireworks and collapse should be entertaining to watch Laugh1

Hehe that would be entertaining. And delicious. However, I think they'll set their targets on Pavelec (apparently he's toying with the idea of heading to the 'K' if he doesn't get $4.5M contract. I can see Scrivens + pick for him as a starting point).

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Pavelec is a meh starter so I hope Toronto lands him. It would be Reimer going back though as he is from Manitoba.

Last edited by NEELY on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Michalek is probably what the Sens are looking at in terms of the type of D man they need. Might cost a little something though.

Spitball that one with me... what's Michalek's worth? Is it a first rounder? A first-rounder+? A young prospect like Stone? A prospect plus a roster player?

I have a hard time gauging a defensive D's potential trade value.

While I think Michalek would fit like a glove here, I genuinely think it's Martin PIT is looking to move.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I honestly have no idea... he's a solid D man. I think maybe a prospect and a pick like Prince and a 4th... something along those lines but I could be wrong. I actually have no idea.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Pavelec is a meh starter so I hope Toronto lands him.

He wants $4M+ for a 0.906 SV% ??

Anderson posted a 0.914% and we allowed about as many GA as the Jets. Andy's cap hit is $3.1M.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Wild apparently re-sign Harding to a 3 year deal. Surprising?

Under 3 schmill per year too.
Under 2!!!!

I dunno. That new deal for Harding actually might make him more attractive for some teams. That's a reasonable cap hit if the guy turns out to be your starter.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Can't see Luongo being traded for anything other than a cap dump ++ and I'm sure Burke is pitching Komisarek and Gillis is hanging up the phone each time.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Pavelec is a meh starter so I hope Toronto lands him. It would be Reimer going back though as he is from Manitoba.

Depends if its Reimer. If its Reimer for Pavelec, then the leafs win that deal IMO. But Burke's been pretty adamant that Reimer is the 'real deal' lol. In any case, Pavelec is an upgrade over Gustavsson and Reimer, and might be enough to appease the masses till the middle of the season.

It's purely speculation on my part though. I'm sure leafs would have to dump salary just like they would for Luongo and if that's the case, you'd think they'd push more for Luongo than Pavelec.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
NEELY wrote:Michalek is probably what the Sens are looking at in terms of the type of D man they need. Might cost a little something though.

Spitball that one with me... what's Michalek's worth? Is it a first rounder? A first-rounder+? A young prospect like Stone? A prospect plus a roster player?

While I think Michalek would fit like a glove here, I genuinely think it's Martin PIT is looking to move.

15th overall I think.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:Can't see Luongo being traded for anything other than a cap dump ++ and I'm sure Burke is pitching Komisarek and Gillis is hanging up the phone each time.

That was then, this is now. There are zero options left, I think the price on Luongo has gone up from meh to something personally.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

15th overall I think.

I think that's a pretty easy deal, then, in either scenario.

If it's a forward prospect + 3rd, then, yep, we've got plenty of depth to do that.

If it's the 1st rounder, then, yep, what we're hoping to get with that pick is pretty much what Michalek already is.

And I agree with everyone here, that getting that top-4 lefty D (and an Alfie substitute -- because no on is replacing him) are OTT's two immediate, must-address needs.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

15th overall I think.

If it's a forward prospect + 3rd, then, yep, we've got plenty of depth to do that.

If it's the 1st rounder, then, yep, what we're hoping to get with that pick is pretty much what Michalek already is.

And I agree with everyone here, that getting that top-4 lefty D (and an Alfie substitute -- because no on is replacing him) are OTT's two immediate, must-address needs.

He's a righty, but yeah, it seems like it would probably be a decent deal. I like the Price + 3rd better though so we can also draft another D at 15.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

15th overall I think.

He's a righty, but yeah, it seems like it would probably be a decent deal. I like the Price + 3rd better though so we can also draft another D at 15.

Dang it. I don't know enough about him. Can't be Karlsson's partner if he can't play the other side of the ice. Maybe he can Volchenkov it...? Smile

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ha, there goes another can of worms to be opened. Ahhhhh!

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Trade gossip from around the league:

http://nhl-red-light.si.com/2012/06/19/trade-talk-pot-is-boiling/

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Me! Me! I need trade gossip.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Patrick Kane on the block? Hmm, I like him a whole bunch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum