GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+15
sandysensfan
ddt
SensHulk
rooneypoo
spader
SeawaySensFan
Ev
Riprock
Hoags
NEELY
wprager
PTFlea
Flo The Action
shabbs
tim1_2
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Oh Dung, did I just ruin it for you Prags? No need to rewind your tape now, I suppose!!!!

Nah, don't worry. I've got one of those tape rewinding machines that looks like a racing car.

Laughing3 We had one of those too...it wasn't a race car though.

Last edited by tim1_2 on Mon May 07, 2012 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Possible announcement in Phoenix tonight regarding the sale to new ownership and "long term stability" for them... rumours flying that Bettman will be making it before the game.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Possible announcement in Phoenix tonight regarding the sale to new ownership and "long term stability" for them... rumours flying that Bettman will be making it before the game.

Yep. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=395274

Nothing I've seen states that this means the team will be staying in Phoenix, but I imagine that'll be the short-term sell job...They sure aren't going to announce the team will be leaving in the middle of a playoff run.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
shabbs wrote:Possible announcement in Phoenix tonight regarding the sale to new ownership and "long term stability" for them... rumours flying that Bettman will be making it before the game.

Yep. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=395274

Nothing I've seen states that this means the team will be staying in Phoenix, but I imagine that'll be the short-term sell job...They sure aren't going to announce the team will be leaving in the middle of a playoff run.
I think the idea behind this was to keep the team in pheonix. you can now rule out quebec as they have their own ownership group.
I think it's a little weird as the proposed owner Greg Jamison is still minority owner of the sharks.

I'm not sure what Gary is thinking but I can smell him wanting forge along plans to more expansion teams. the wolfs is licking their lips.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Despite evidence to the contrary, Bettman is actually pretty smart. I think even he realizes that all existing franchises need to be somewhat healthy financially before expansion is considered.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Getzlaf and Perry acting like tools.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/07/ryan-getzlaf-and-corey-perry-are-allegedly-misbehaving-in-finland/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Getzlaf and Perry acting like tools.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/07/ryan-getzlaf-and-corey-perry-are-allegedly-misbehaving-in-finland/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

This is not news. Take one look at Getzlaf and tell me he's not the exact type of guy that would do this.

I repeat, this is not news...I imagine him and Perry get up to similar hijinks every night in Anaheim.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Canada plays France on Monday morning. Both teams are 2-1. Da Costa playing for France.

Wouldn't you love for Da Costa to get a nice, big open ice hit on Phaneuf? I'd cheer for that. Maybe we should play him Dash's NHL 2012 clip. Over and over and over and over...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That hit replays in my mind incessantly. I'm surprised Da Costa's oversized bobblehead didn't become detached!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Is there even a story in this dribble?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoping that one more year in the A under the watchful eye of whatever coaching staff we have down there will make Da Costa more ready for playing a 2-way game. There's no way he's gonna make it unless he commits to learning to play away from the puck. He's got nice skills, we all know that, but if he doesn't back check and use his stick to interrupt plays more, he'll be another Corey Locke.

I'm sure he knows that there's a ton more work to do, he needs to go to the same program that Hoffman does - both have a nice skill set, but both can be beaten along the boards with ease.

Neely mentioned Andy MacDonald as a player that Da Costa could round himself into - and that would be amazing, but the organization needs to commit to him and he needs to commit to listening to what his coaches say - and perhaps more importantly what Schwartz and guys like that tell him about his strength and conditioning.

I've caught bits and pieces of France playing this WC and the kid has made some stellar plays, but again - is beaten one on one a lot.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:

Is there even a story in this dribble?

Not really. "Boys being boys" I guess. Although, I expect better from the Captain of an NHL team - not from Perry mind you, that boy's a twit.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Hoping that one more year in the A under the watchful eye of whatever coaching staff we have down there will make Da Costa more ready for playing a 2-way game. There's no way he's gonna make it unless he commits to learning to play away from the puck. He's got nice skills, we all know that, but if he doesn't back check and use his stick to interrupt plays more, he'll be another Corey Locke.

I'm sure he knows that there's a ton more work to do, he needs to go to the same program that Hoffman does - both have a nice skill set, but both can be beaten along the boards with ease.

Neely mentioned Andy MacDonald as a player that Da Costa could round himself into - and that would be amazing, but the organization needs to commit to him and he needs to commit to listening to what his coaches say - and perhaps more importantly what Schwartz and guys like that tell him about his strength and conditioning.

I've caught bits and pieces of France playing this WC and the kid has made some stellar plays, but again - is beaten one on one a lot.

He's already done more in the NHL than Locke has, haha. Da Costa comes from France and a 2nd rate NCAA program, he has a ton to learn but the skill and talent is obvious. He may take 2, 3 seasons to get where he needs to be but he's an NHL player in waiting.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
He's already done more in the NHL than Locke has, haha. Da Costa comes from France and a 2nd rate NCAA program, he has a ton to learn but the skill and talent is obvious. He may take 2, 3 seasons to get where he needs to be but he's an NHL player in waiting.

That's what I meant about us committing to him and him committing to us. It'll take time, but it can happen if he works hard with our staff. The skill is there for sure, but he must learn the fine points of the game - especially how to position himself away from the puck and how best to win battles as a smaller player. I hope he has the patience, there's no reason to think he doesn't, but this could take a few years for sure.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sounds like Ohlund is retiring.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum