GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GTD - Something something hockey game

+10
Ev
sens4win
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
wprager
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

61GTD - Something something hockey game - Page 5 Empty Re: GTD - Something something hockey game Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:49 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We'll be a tough out I think, maybe not a series win, but we'll be a pain to play against.

Some nice playoff experience too - including a Cup run for Bingo, which while isn't nearly the same intensity, is pretty intense in its own.

Z.Smith hasn't been playing his best, but his best is likely the playoffs grind, ditto Condra, Greening, Klinkhammer, O'Brien. Lots of physicality which is a good thing.

62GTD - Something something hockey game - Page 5 Empty Re: GTD - Something something hockey game Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:58 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Very frustrating. 0-9 on the PP. That's gotta change.

PP had been clicking recently, though. Maybe Spezza is doing a little slow recharge.

Has it? I must be missing something. scratch

Back before the recent strings of OT losses. Maybe a bit further than that. I remember watching the pre-game and they said that it was around 35% over some period of time.

They were 6th in the league before tonight's game. They're 10th now. Facepalm

Still, even 10th is pretty good for a team that's going to finish 14th in the East.

63GTD - Something something hockey game - Page 5 Empty Re: GTD - Something something hockey game Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:59 pm

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

Sens knew what was at stake and looked like they were gripping the sticks a bit on the PP.

They will kick the crap out of the Leafs tomorrow.

64GTD - Something something hockey game - Page 5 Empty Re: GTD - Something something hockey game Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:00 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

BTW, did anyone notice that the 4 teams with the most points in the Eastern Conference are all in the same division? I actually feel sorry for the Islanders.

65GTD - Something something hockey game - Page 5 Empty Re: GTD - Something something hockey game Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:09 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:BTW, did anyone notice that the 4 teams with the most points in the Eastern Conference are all in the same division? I actually feel sorry for the Islanders.

Ha, ya, they can't catch a break. They always seem to have injury trouble, play in a super tough division, and Yashin is still one of their highest paid players. Sucks to be on the island.

66GTD - Something something hockey game - Page 5 Empty Re: GTD - Something something hockey game Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:13 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I didn't get to see this game, but I saw the highlight of the Greening goal...how is Condra credited with an assist, that was clearly Karlsson, wasn't it? scratch

Puck went from Smith to Condra to Greening.

67GTD - Something something hockey game - Page 5 Empty Re: GTD - Something something hockey game Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Still in shock that this happened tonight. 2nd in the East...

68GTD - Something something hockey game - Page 5 Empty Re: GTD - Something something hockey game Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:50 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think Klinkhammer is fading after his hot start.

69GTD - Something something hockey game - Page 5 Empty Re: GTD - Something something hockey game Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:00 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

A little bit, yeah.

70GTD - Something something hockey game - Page 5 Empty Re: GTD - Something something hockey game Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:03 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Does Murray get any votes for GM of the year?

71GTD - Something something hockey game - Page 5 Empty Re: GTD - Something something hockey game Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:11 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Does Murray get any votes for GM of the year?

Doubt it since there hasn't really been any changes to the roster since last year. I think MacLean will get more credit, but Murray hired MacLean so...

GM of the year is a dumb award anyway IMO because a GM's success should be evaluated in his entire term. You should probably just give it to the Cup winner if you really want to see who the top GM is.

GM of the year would be hands down Tallon IMO. Overhauled the roster completely. Either him or Greg Sherman.

72GTD - Something something hockey game - Page 5 Empty Re: GTD - Something something hockey game Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:34 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Does Murray get any votes for GM of the year?

Doubt it since there hasn't really been any changes to the roster since last year. I think MacLean will get more credit, but Murray hired MacLean so...

GM of the year is a dumb award anyway IMO because a GM's success should be evaluated in his entire term. You should probably just give it to the Cup winner if you really want to see who the top GM is.

GM of the year would be hands down Tallon IMO. Overhauled the roster completely. Either him or Greg Sherman.

Yeah, Tallon has put a boatload of belief into his former players and it's paying off big time.

73GTD - Something something hockey game - Page 5 Empty Re: GTD - Something something hockey game Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:37 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I didn't get to see this game, but I saw the highlight of the Greening goal...how is Condra credited with an assist, that was clearly Karlsson, wasn't it? scratch

I just watched it and I don't think it touched Condra. Went off the defenseman. Should have been Klarsson's assists, but he's not Crosby (Crosby got credited with a second assist the day after thegame).

74GTD - Something something hockey game - Page 5 Empty Re: GTD - Something something hockey game Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:40 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:

I just watched it and I don't think it touched Condra. Went off the defenseman. Should have been Klarsson's assists, but he's not Crosby (Crosby got credited with a second assist the day after thegame).

Yeah, I didn't think there was any question about it personally.

75GTD - Something something hockey game - Page 5 Empty Re: GTD - Something something hockey game Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:45 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I just watched it again. It's tough to tell, but you could definitely be right.

76GTD - Something something hockey game - Page 5 Empty Re: GTD - Something something hockey game Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:17 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Alfie gets to 50 points Clapping

How about Colin greening? 15 goals on the year. Cheers

How's this for coincidence.....kuba had an overtime winner against the habs at home at the home finale last season...

Finally, there's a bitter taste still in my mouth after the Sens went 0for9 on the PP but it is sweet to be in first place in the northeast.

77GTD - Something something hockey game - Page 5 Empty Re: GTD - Something something hockey game Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:02 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Greening was a beast last night. He was everywhere. Awesome. The PK hit fired him up.

78GTD - Something something hockey game - Page 5 Empty Re: GTD - Something something hockey game Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:55 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Crap, I just spent half an hour drafting a GDT, then a hit TAB by mistake (should have just entered a space). The second mistake was fatal as I hit the BKSP key to get rid of the TAB. Thing is, when you hit TAB it doesn't actually enter the TAB where you are typing but, instead, moves the cursor/focus/whatever outside of the text-entry space. And once you are "out there" a backspace is interpreted as a navigation key and you go back in the browser history.

DOH!

I lost *everything*!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum