GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

BlackBerry Bold - new user's thread (old geezers with advice welcomed)

+11
dennycrane
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
spader
shabbs
Number Twenty Nine
Hoags
SensHulk
tim1_2
wprager
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 17]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

The folded up piece of tissue didn't do anything. Had the battery turn to a red outline earlier. Said it was 3% and battery settings were to start saving when it reached 20% (e.g. shutting down the transmitters). We I disabled the battery setting and continued working with it for another half hour before I could go back downstairs and plug it in. Clearly there's something wrong with the battery meter -- if it was *really* at 3% it would have died very quickly.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I used to have the Blackberry Curve when I was a big shot and it was fine.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Well, I hope this means my company will get off the BB as the only company-supplied mobile tech.  I've grown very disenchanted with my BB Bold.  The i-key fell out (just after warranty expired), the keys on the outside require extra pressure to function, the screen *is* tiny, and it's started randomly resetting (and sometimes the battery goes from full to a red outline in minutes -- although I folded up a bit of tissue paper and wedged it in on one side and, so far, working well).
My battery goes from almost full to red (battery to low for radio use) and it cuts my call off too, didn't know you could disable the meter.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/fairfax-group-offering-us-4-7-billion-for-blackberry-1.1466420

9 Bucks a share.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:Well, I hope this means my company will get off the BB as the only company-supplied mobile tech.  I've grown very disenchanted with my BB Bold.  The i-key fell out (just after warranty expired), the keys on the outside require extra pressure to function, the screen *is* tiny, and it's started randomly resetting (and sometimes the battery goes from full to a red outline in minutes -- although I folded up a bit of tissue paper and wedged it in on one side and, so far, working well).
My battery goes from almost full to red (battery to low for radio use) and it cuts my call off too, didn't know you could disable the meter.
I disabled the "Special low power" handling or some such. It was set to start doing things when it reached 20% (way too early) like disabling wireless. I think the meter was just wrong because I went for a long time after it was a red outline.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/fairfax-group-offering-us-4-7-billion-for-blackberry-1.1466420

9 Bucks a share.
It's fitting that I retire my 9900 today with the iPhone 5s.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Should have gone Android. iPhone is too kiddy now

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

iP5s is pretty sweet. I looked at the HTC One as well, but the health of that company is also in question.

With the iPhone it works with everything I own and there's alot to be said for that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Should've gone with Android, for sure. Now you're a clone.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

you guys must be on the Crackberry forums - lol

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Number Twenty Nine wrote:you guys must be on the Crackberry forums - lol
Huh?

Sponsored content