GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Apps for Blackberry Playbook?

+8
wprager
Ev
LeCaptain
dennycrane
shabbs
The Silfer Server
SensHulk
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

1Apps for Blackberry Playbook? Empty Apps for Blackberry Playbook? Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:23 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just got one, anything that I should download in terms of apps?

2Apps for Blackberry Playbook? Empty Re: Apps for Blackberry Playbook? Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:37 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Just got one, anything that I should download in terms of apps?

There r some cool games like dead space for just $5. Cineplex app is good and of course there's angry birds. Unfortunately ur not going to find the same vast selection on playbook as u would on iphone.

Really depends what ur looking for.....

Edit: blackberry news is pretty good. And of course u get nfs and tetris for free

3Apps for Blackberry Playbook? Empty Re: Apps for Blackberry Playbook? Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:55 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah I'm starting to get some now. Pretty time consuming and addictive.

4Apps for Blackberry Playbook? Empty Re: Apps for Blackberry Playbook? Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:28 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Not sure if it's a Playbook app, but on my BB I find the best sports app to be The Score. Another good BB app is Vlingo (kind of like SIRI on iphones), Navita Translator, Shazam Encore.

Shazam and Vlingo are currently being given away for having chosen a BB. The other two are free.

5Apps for Blackberry Playbook? Empty Re: Apps for Blackberry Playbook? Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:49 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Great acquisition man!

Apps I use regularly on my PlayBook:
- ScoreMobile
- Poynt
- Globe News
- Hockeycentral (Sportsnet app)
- Blackberry News
- WeatherEye
- PressReader (great is you have a newspaper subscription)
- PC RecipeBox
- Cooklet
- Cineplex
- National Film Board app

Games:
- DoodleBlast
- Popcorn Rush

It's great to stream games via wi-fi as well to keep an eye on games. Wink

I love that it shows up as a network drive on my home network. That way, once I download a movie I just drag it to the PlayBook media drive and go. No need to dance through hoops and convert the format etc... like I have to do with my wife's iPad 2. Brutal.

RIM FTW!!!

6Apps for Blackberry Playbook? Empty Re: Apps for Blackberry Playbook? Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:55 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Great acquisition man!

Apps I use regularly on my PlayBook:
- ScoreMobile
- Poynt
- Globe News
- Hockeycentral (Sportsnet app)
- Blackberry News
- WeatherEye
- PressReader (great is you have a newspaper subscription)
- PC RecipeBox
- Cooklet
- Cineplex
- National Film Board app

Games:
- DoodleBlast
- Popcorn Rush

It's great to stream games via wi-fi as well to keep an eye on games. Wink

I love that it shows up as a network drive on my home network. That way, once I download a movie I just drag it to the PlayBook media drive and go. No need to dance through hoops and convert the format etc... like I have to do with my wife's iPad 2. Brutal.

RIM FTW!!!

:KKK:

7Apps for Blackberry Playbook? Empty Re: Apps for Blackberry Playbook? Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:08 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Note - all the apps I listed above are free.

8Apps for Blackberry Playbook? Empty Re: Apps for Blackberry Playbook? Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:14 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I like bb news actually. Can subscribe to whatever RSS feeds you want. Poynt and ScoreMobile are also very good.

9Apps for Blackberry Playbook? Empty Re: Apps for Blackberry Playbook? Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:17 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PressReader is cool. If you have a subscription to a news paper (ie: Citizen or whatever) you can get the full paper content on your PB in glorious digital format. Flipping though the pages like you do with the paper. Good if you are on the road and want to read your papers...

10Apps for Blackberry Playbook? Empty Re: Apps for Blackberry Playbook? Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Great! Thanks for the suggestions, I'll go get them.

11Apps for Blackberry Playbook? Empty Re: Apps for Blackberry Playbook? Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:39 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'd recommend getting a carry case of some sort. I use the following one:

http://ca.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-leather-convertible-case/

Good for propping it up to watch videos etc...

Also, a screen protector is highly recommended.

The HDMI cable is also good for hooking it up to your TV to play videos while on the go (ie: traveling with kids).

12Apps for Blackberry Playbook? Empty Re: Apps for Blackberry Playbook? Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:59 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Streaming the CAN-FIN game on my PB right now...

Smile

13Apps for Blackberry Playbook? Empty Re: Apps for Blackberry Playbook? Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:I'd recommend getting a carry case of some sort. I use the following one:

http://ca.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-leather-convertible-case/

Good for propping it up to watch videos etc...

Also, a screen protector is highly recommended.

The HDMI cable is also good for hooking it up to your TV to play videos while on the go (ie: traveling with kids).

Yeah, I better get these things. I've already dirtied the screen with smudges - which I'm sure everyone does. It's damn great, my first little gadget like this and I love it. I downloaded about 50 apps last night, which was very exciting.

14Apps for Blackberry Playbook? Empty Re: Apps for Blackberry Playbook? Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:32 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Do you have a BlackBerry? The Bridge app is pretty cool, lets you access your BB info on your PB. You can also use it to tether to your BB for surfing on your PB while on the go with no wireless connection.

15Apps for Blackberry Playbook? Empty Re: Apps for Blackberry Playbook? Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:57 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Air hockey is decent. And free.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum