GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

BlackBerry Bold - new user's thread (old geezers with advice welcomed)

+11
dennycrane
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
spader
shabbs
Number Twenty Nine
Hoags
SensHulk
tim1_2
wprager
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 17]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ev wrote:Diddle Rogers, just chatted with somebody else and they said I don't have the right data plan. THen why did you tell me earlier that I did. Diddle you.
Some CSRs are really dumb. For BB, you need a BB-specific plan to allow BIS/BBM etc... to work.

BB data plans work with all phones.

All other data plans DO NOT work with BBs.

Those are the rules.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
Ev wrote:Diddle Rogers, just chatted with somebody else and they said I don't have the right data plan. THen why did you tell me earlier that I did. Diddle you.
Some CSRs are really dumb. For BB, you need a BB-specific plan to allow BIS/BBM etc... to work.

BB data plans work with all phones.

All other data plans DO NOT work with BBs.

Those are the rules.

Well I got it now, but Diddle Rogers employees, they should know their own company's Dung.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Old Bold users, how come I only sometimes get a notification in the bar on top, and sometimes I don't?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Old Bold users, how come I only sometimes get a notification in the bar on top, and sometimes I don't?

Same answer as this....

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ev wrote:Old Bold users, how come I only sometimes get a notification in the bar on top, and sometimes I don't?
What do you mean? For what type of notification? All notifications should show up there and only go away when you read/open them.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
What do you mean? For what type of notification? All notifications should show up there and only go away when you read/open them.

Like a text. The led is flashing, turn on the screen, and there's no notification in the bar. It only shows up if I press the bar. There is a notification on the text app icon though.

Edit: now there is for one I just tested haha.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Also where the HELL are all the Apps that you mentioned on the front page. Did they get rid of a lot of them or something?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Apps will be in BlackBerry App World or out there on the internet... google their name and "blackberry app".

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens on the Z10!!!!! Yeah baby.

BlackBerry Bold - new user's thread (old geezers with advice welcomed) - Page 16 Tnimg00000074

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

So how's the phone looking? Is the navigation smooth?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

LeKing wrote:So how's the phone looking? Is the navigation smooth?
The phone is sweet. Navigation is nice. The Hub is really cool as well as the Active Tiles and all the gestures. It will take a while to figure out all the new stuff. Biggest gripes are lack of Outlook sync (for non-Exchange installs) with BlackBerry Link. This is mind-boggling. There are a few other gripes like lack of custom sound profiles, barely customizable sound profiles in general, no hidden folders, lack of apps (again). Some things take a few more steps to do (like deleting emails). Not having a trackpad, menu keys and a keyboard that you can use for shortcuts is gonna take a lot of getting used to. Battery life is hard to judge as I've been playing with it like crazy (new phone syndrome) but it's taken a hit for sure due to the big screen. We'll see after a few weeks.

I slapped in a 64 GB SD card giving me a total of 80GB of storage (16GB internal + 64GB SD). The phone has 2GB memory that is dedicated to memory, which is really nice as apps and os don't compete for resources.

I've been sideloading a bunch of apps from Android, which is really cool.

Hopefully BlackBerry addresses the gaps soon with an OS update. I really miss my notifications, custom LED etc... and the outlook sync. I've put in a stop gap measure to use outlook.com as a go-between, so we'll see how that goes. Not sure if I'm ready to embrace "The Cloud" yet...

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Blackberry is Dung the bed big time. Yike 4500 layoffs and getting out of consumer hardware completely.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Blackberry is Dung the bed big time.  Yike 4500 layoffs and getting out of consumer hardware completely.
Too bad, Sol. That Z30 was looking pretty sweet.

I guess their only saleable asset will be the mail technology and that's about it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, I hope this means my company will get off the BB as the only company-supplied mobile tech. I've grown very disenchanted with my BB Bold. The i-key fell out (just after warranty expired), the keys on the outside require extra pressure to function, the screen *is* tiny, and it's started randomly resetting (and sometimes the battery goes from full to a red outline in minutes -- although I folded up a bit of tissue paper and wedged it in on one side and, so far, working well).

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

I hate the 9900 so much I just ordered a personal Iphone 5s. I'll carry two devices now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The folded up piece of tissue didn't do anything. Had the battery turn to a red outline earlier. Said it was 3% and battery settings were to start saving when it reached 20% (e.g. shutting down the transmitters). We I disabled the battery setting and continued working with it for another half hour before I could go back downstairs and plug it in. Clearly there's something wrong with the battery meter -- if it was *really* at 3% it would have died very quickly.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I used to have the Blackberry Curve when I was a big shot and it was fine.

- Unknown Author

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Well, I hope this means my company will get off the BB as the only company-supplied mobile tech.  I've grown very disenchanted with my BB Bold.  The i-key fell out (just after warranty expired), the keys on the outside require extra pressure to function, the screen *is* tiny, and it's started randomly resetting (and sometimes the battery goes from full to a red outline in minutes -- although I folded up a bit of tissue paper and wedged it in on one side and, so far, working well).
My battery goes from almost full to red (battery to low for radio use) and it cuts my call off too, didn't know you could disable the meter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum