GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2012! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+21
Oglethorpe
NEELY
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
stempniaksen
cash
sandysensfan
spader
Hoags
Da lil Guy
wprager
rooneypoo
Ev
Riprock
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
SensHulk
tim1_2
PTFlea
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 36 of 67]

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
Riprock wrote:McKenzie says Dustin Brown is available.

That is a guy I want the Sens to get. I'd put him ahead of Nash in terms if guys I would want on the Sens. Obviously love Nash, but cost and salary are too much for the Sens right now. If price is right to get Brown, do it.

where to start... Foligno + Butler?

Whoa, coming from (probably) the biggest Nash fan on the site, that's a pretty significant comment. I agree completely. I'd love to see Brown in a Sens uniform. I don't think Foligno and Butler do it, but I'm not sure what the Kings would want in return. Foligno and a blue chip or FRP, maybe.

Brown is a close 2nd in terms of favourite players. Got a tonne of respect for that guy. I'm hoping he's somewhat undervalued and can be a steal of a consolation prize for Ottawa.

Of course the Leafs are being mentioned, as they are with every player.

Brown = young, leadership on and off ice, tough, strong, goal scorer.

Honestly don't know what they trade would have to be to make LA get it done, which is why I started with those two.

They'd be pretty redundant in Ottawa if we got DB23. Wondering if they need defence? Anyone not named Karlsson and Cowen and I am okay with it.

Last edited by Riprock on Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So no forwards coming back for Carter... hmmm... gotta be something else in the works...

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Reunited and it feels sooo gooooood.........
HA HA! There goes the neighbourhood...

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:So no forwards coming back for Carter... hmmm... gotta be something else in the works...

Nash will land them an NHL forward or two, plus prospects and/or picks.

I'd be tempted to pull the trigger on the Rangers deal of Dubinsky + 1st now.

While it will be very tough to replace Nash, they will get some pieces to ice a tough, competitive tam.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

So the kings got Richards, carter for simmonds, schenn, JJ, 2012 1st and 2nd.

Verdict? Could actually work out really well if they can rediscover the same magic from 2 seasons ago.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

If you want to look at the trades like that, then you can say that Columbus got Jack Johnson and a 2012 1st round pick for Jake Voracek, 2011 1st round pick (Sean Couturier/8th overall) and Nick Cousins (2011 3rd rnd pick/68th overall)

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dustin Brown is apparently in play according to Bobby Mac.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Ha! You're late to the coke party Shabbs!

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:If you want to look at the trades like that, then you can say that Columbus got Jack Johnson and a 2012 1st round pick for Jake Voracek, 2011 1st round pick (Sean Couturier/8th overall) and Nick Cousins (2011 3rd rnd pick/68th overall)

Lol damn that sucks for Columbus. It's more a lateral move....except they got jack Johnson instead of voracek

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That is a guy I want the Sens to get. I'd put him ahead of Nash in terms if guys I would want on the Sens. Obviously love Nash, but cost and salary are too much for the Sens right now. If price is right to get Brown, do it.

Go and get him NOW!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I dislike both players traded tonight, but I especially dislike Jack Johnson. Overrated - or he seems to be for really no good reason. He's a 40 point D-man who tries to play D, but has a really tough time.

I'd say that LA won this, but I also dislike Carter and his contract. Lose-lose? Or win-win?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

Go and get him NOW!

I don't get why he's in play and not Penner? Brown is awesome.

If it was kyle turris for dustin brown.....do u do it?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bernier and Brown make a lot of sense to Toronto. Hope to Dung it doesn't happen.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Brown would be such a nice pick up for the Sens but at what cost? I would assume a 1st round pick but he might be worth that.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Bernier and Brown make a lot of sense to Toronto. Hope to Dung it doesn't happen.

But why would it? They would need to give up 1/2 their roster to get those too. I hope to God the Leafs deal for Bernier because the kid is massively over rated.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Go and get him NOW!

I don't get why he's in play and not Penner? Brown is awesome.

If it was kyle turris for dustin brown.....do u do it?

Penner's in play too.

I was positive this was gonna happen, seriously...I would have bet another 2 24s that LA and Washington was on the verge of big things. So far Lombardi has had the nuts to do it first - which is hilarious. Your move GMGM.

Turris for Brown is a tough one for me personally. It screams yes, but Turris hasn't reached any kind of his potential yet and we looked for a 2C forever - I think he's the answer. So no, I wouldn't I don't think - but it's hard to call.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Bernier and Brown make a lot of sense to Toronto. Hope to Dung it doesn't happen.

But why would it? They would need to give up 1/2 their roster to get those too. I hope to God the Leafs deal for Bernier because the kid is massively over rated.
Yeah...but you know how Burke is. He'd probably offer Kulemin + Schenn + Colborne as a start, which might be attractive to LA.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Brown would be such a nice pick up for the Sens but at what cost? I would assume a 1st round pick but he might be worth that.

It would be more than that I assume. 1st + piece I assume. About time LA did something, I think trading Brown is ridiculous, but hey...whatever.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 36 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum