GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cammalleri Traded

+9
PTFlea
NEELY
spader
Number Twenty Nine
tim1_2
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
dennycrane
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

46Cammalleri Traded - Page 4 Empty Re: Cammalleri Traded Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:03 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Calgary currently over the cap...very bizarre situation....

47Cammalleri Traded - Page 4 Empty Re: Cammalleri Traded Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:03 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Doesn't make sense, as that puts Calgary over the cap. More to come?

My sources tell me Iggy to Ottawa for Little Bobby B and a pick.

48Cammalleri Traded - Page 4 Empty Re: Cammalleri Traded Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:04 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
dennycrane wrote:Epic Fail by Montreal Management?

tsnjamesduthiejames duthie
By the way, as of a few minutes ago, Cammalleri had not been told anything.

Montreal management is a disaster right now.

If the owner doesn't fire the GM the GM has to fire the owner, sell the team to another owner who will then fire him. It's the best for the team.

49Cammalleri Traded - Page 4 Empty Re: Cammalleri Traded Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Do they have some kind of cap space from injuries or something, or is there another deal coming like...tonight?

50Cammalleri Traded - Page 4 Empty Re: Cammalleri Traded Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:05 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Do they have some kind of cap space from injuries or something, or is there another deal coming like...tonight?

TONIGHT?!?!??!?!?!?!? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

51Cammalleri Traded - Page 4 Empty Re: Cammalleri Traded Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:07 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They do have some guys on IR: Stajan, Brett Carson, David Moss, Henrik Karlsson, Tanguay, D. Smith, and Scott Hannan. Wow. So yeah, maybe they do have enough IR cap space to absorb Cammalleri without more moves tonight.

52Cammalleri Traded - Page 4 Empty Re: Cammalleri Traded Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dung, I wanted more action. :crossarms:

53Cammalleri Traded - Page 4 Empty Re: Cammalleri Traded Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Who's this Holland kid?

54Cammalleri Traded - Page 4 Empty Re: Cammalleri Traded Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:12 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I actually like this trade for Calgary. They unloaded a 5 years contract and a 3rd line winger for a 1st line winger that had a career year while with Calgary. Yah, the Flames might need to rebuild but they got rid of one of the worst contracts in the NHL.

They might be done-zo for this season but the Flames could rebound now.

55Cammalleri Traded - Page 4 Empty Re: Cammalleri Traded Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why didn't they create a market for him first? LeBrun just tweeted that a GM told him that they wished they knew he was available so they could have bid on him. Why didn't they try to weigh their options. I'll never understand that Dung.

56Cammalleri Traded - Page 4 Empty Re: Cammalleri Traded Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

As for the trade, I like it for Calgary more than for Montreal, but it's not too bad a deal. Bourque has back to back 27 goal seasons, he'll be fine in Montreal. More physical too, so I guess they like that.

57Cammalleri Traded - Page 4 Empty Re: Cammalleri Traded Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:16 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Why didn't they create a market for him first? LeBrun just tweeted that a GM told him that they wished they knew he was available so they could have bid on him. Why didn't they try to weigh their options. I'll never understand that Dung.

The biggest mystery in the NHL is how Gauthier still has a job. OF COURSE you shop a guy like Cammalleri around.

58Cammalleri Traded - Page 4 Empty Re: Cammalleri Traded Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:16 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Why didn't they create a market for him first? LeBrun just tweeted that a GM told him that they wished they knew he was available so they could have bid on him. Why didn't they try to weigh their options. I'll never understand that Dung.

The biggest mystery in the NHL is how Gauthier still has a job. OF COURSE you shop a guy like Cammalleri around.

If you want to fire The Ghost you gotta find him first...

59Cammalleri Traded - Page 4 Empty Re: Cammalleri Traded Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:18 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Pierre LeBrun
One NHL GM when told of the trade, said he wished he knew Cammalleri was available. Would have made an offer.

60Cammalleri Traded - Page 4 Empty Re: Cammalleri Traded Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:18 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

It's not that Bourque is a bad pickup or anything but Calgary wins this one.

61Cammalleri Traded - Page 4 Empty Re: Cammalleri Traded Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:

Who wouldn't know that though...I guess Gauthier wanted Bourque badly enough to pull the trigger on it with the 2nd in there. Interesting...not sure what to say...I would have tried for a top prospect or a 1st, but Bourque's not a bad piece.

62Cammalleri Traded - Page 4 Empty Re: Cammalleri Traded Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:20 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:

@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Pierre LeBrun
One NHL GM when told of the trade, said he wished he knew Cammalleri was available. Would have made an offer.

That's just an old Halak tweet with "Cammalleri" replacing "Halak"

63Cammalleri Traded - Page 4 Empty Re: Cammalleri Traded Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:21 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Who's this Holland kid?

I can't stand CP, but he had this to say about it:

@coreypronman
Corey Pronman
Talked to scouts about Patrick Holland earlier this week. Consensus was career minor leaguer fringe 4th liner. I think could be avg 4th.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum