GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Farm Boy: BEST CINNAMON CHIPS IN THE WORLD

+10
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
tim1_2
wprager
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
spader
PTFlea
NEELY
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:I've actually found a way to deal with it in terms of who I know and I will 100% get an apology and I will expect one for my friend as well. A decade with the same company and that's how he is treated? I don't think so.

Oh you'll get your apology alright and your friend will likely get sh!tcanned down the road. Is it worth it? Just let it go.

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:The manager is one of those (and we've all seen them) little big man. Kinda on the same level as a manager from Giant Tiger.

Giant Tiger! HA HA! A Canadiana icon...

right up there with Byway and Bargain Harolds.....

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:The manager is one of those (and we've all seen them) little big man. Kinda on the same level as a manager from Giant Tiger.

Giant Tiger! HA HA! A Canadiana icon...

right up there with Byway and Bargain Harolds.....

Pretty ignorant comment right there.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
Well that could really happen anywhere, and you got some free stuff out of it, and an apology. What more did you want?

The apology just didn't strike me as very sincere, the manager was basically "here is some gift cards now Diddle off". I just got the impression they knew there's problems all along. Maybe they were mad that we notified the corporate office instead of going to them directly but we've found over the years that's how you get heard.

I'm happy with what I got, but the whole thing just left a bad taste in our mouth (no pun intended), I haven't shopped there since.

And I've been buying groceries in this town for over 20 years, I never seen food go bad that fast unless I get it at Food Basics (but at least their expiry dates are honest so you know what you're getting).

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:If I were you NEELY, I'd see how things go through official channels first. If you're satisfied then leave it but if you're not then talk to your friend at Sun Media. I'd also suggest going viral with it. Post this on Facebook, Twitter, do a youtube video if you're dedicated enough.

Probably going a bit far but I found out who the CEO of Farm Boy is and that's good enough in terms of the channels I need.

Isn't Jason York's brother running Farm Boy now?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:If I were you NEELY, I'd see how things go through official channels first. If you're satisfied then leave it but if you're not then talk to your friend at Sun Media. I'd also suggest going viral with it. Post this on Facebook, Twitter, do a youtube video if you're dedicated enough.

Probably going a bit far but I found out who the CEO of Farm Boy is and that's good enough in terms of the channels I need.

Isn't Jason York's brother running Farm Boy now?

Yuppers.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

so I'm assuming you got his name down....

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:so I'm assuming you got his name down....

"Something" York.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Michallica wrote:so I'm assuming you got his name down....

"Something" York.

AKA "the guy that looks like that mediocre NHL-defenceman who played for half the league and now is on the radio…er…the TV…oh and the radio sometimes, but never really seems prepared to do anything but talk about how great Lulu Lemon is and also how his backyard rink is the best."

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

go to Loblaws/Superstore. Unionized so the managers can't do Dung like this.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Meh, my company isn't unionized either but things are very fair around here.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

I've shopped at Farm Boy for quite a few years and have also had a good experience.

In this day and age... there is a lot of competition between companies/stores.

Not only does product give a company/store and edge on their competition but so does customer service. -- moreso now than ever.

Bad customer service will lose a lot of customers fast.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Got a very sencere apology from both their head office and the manager in charge that night and a free bag of cinnamon chips. We're good.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Mmmmm .... cinnamon chipppppppps

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yah. I won't even lie about this, I came in for those last night and couldn't buy them out of principal. Prob the thing I was most pissed off about.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

what's a cinnamon chips? intrigued

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Yah. I won't even lie about this, I came in for those last night and couldn't buy them out of principal. Prob the thing I was most pissed off about.
Ha. Did you tell them that? Is that why they gave you a bag? What did the manager say, or did he just say that he was sorry?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Nah, we talked for like 5 mins and explained himself and said that's no excuse for how you were treated. They offered me a free lunch but I just said "gimme a bag of those cinnamon chips and we're good". He laughed and said deal.

Sounded like an alright guy in all honesty. Could have been a scenario of wrong place, wrong time. Either way, all I wanted was an apology and I'll be able to get my chips again! Life is as it should be.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum