GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Farm Boy: BEST CINNAMON CHIPS IN THE WORLD

+10
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
tim1_2
wprager
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
spader
PTFlea
NEELY
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Doesn't surprise me. I'll pay a little more and go to the market downtown come the summer. Tons of other grocery stores around in the mean time.

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

At the end of the day you are complaining that the manager didn't let his employee goof off and talk to you.....

Don't sweat it - he's a manager at a fruit market - no big deal.

Farm Boy is the shizzit. I miss that store greatly.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Number Twenty Nine wrote:At the end of the day you are complaining that the manager didn't let his employee goof off and talk to you.....

Don't sweat it - he's a manager at a fruit market - no big deal.

Farm Boy is the shizzit. I miss that store greatly.

But he was rude to NEELY, not just his friend. The correct way to do this would have been to document this, wait until NEELY left, and then tell his friend that he is on a PIP (Performance Improvement Program) -- shape up or ship out. His friend could have kept working as he talked, or he could have asked to take a break or whatever. He could be a case and does this all the time. Regardless of anything though the manager was rude to a customer and for that he should get reprimanded as well -- put *HIM* on the PIP.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Nope. The correct way to deal with this would have been to just talk to the employee after N4L left. No PIP. No ultimatum. All the manager had to do was tell the employee to try to keep personal exchanges to a minimum. Of course, that's only if chatting with friends while on the clock is a problem for this particular employee. If it isn't an ongoing problem, the correct course of action is to do nothing. It should be expected that people will have brief conversations with the people that they know that come into the store.

This shouldn't have been a big deal. In fact, as long as the chat was brief and appropriate, it's actually good for customers to see a genuine exchange between the staff and the clientele.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pretty much what I meant. A PIP is started if there is a problem. If it's not a problem, there is no problem.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Another way would have been just simply to say to my friend "I need help with something, sorry to break this up". I get her had a job to do but when he is loading veggies onto a table... pretty sure there was a much different way of approaching things.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The correct way to deal with it would have been to not deal with it, unless the guy is always chatting and slacking off. Seriously, do any of us not shoot the Dung with others during the course of a work day?

Anyway, as was said above, some people are just dicks, and that manager sounds like a Richard. Wouldn't worry about it.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

the Third?

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

The manager is one of those (and we've all seen them) little big man. Kinda on the same level as a manager from Giant Tiger.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I've actually found a way to deal with it in terms of who I know and I will 100% get an apology and I will expect one for my friend as well. A decade with the same company and that's how he is treated? I don't think so.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number Twenty Nine wrote:The manager is one of those (and we've all seen them) little big man. Kinda on the same level as a manager from Giant Tiger.

Giant Tiger! HA HA! A Canadiana icon...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If I were you NEELY, I'd see how things go through official channels first. If you're satisfied then leave it but if you're not then talk to your friend at Sun Media. I'd also suggest going viral with it. Post this on Facebook, Twitter, do a youtube video if you're dedicated enough.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Cap'n Clutch wrote:If I were you NEELY, I'd see how things go through official channels first. If you're satisfied then leave it but if you're not then talk to your friend at Sun Media. I'd also suggest going viral with it. Post this on Facebook, Twitter, do a youtube video if you're dedicated enough.

Probably going a bit far but I found out who the CEO of Farm Boy is and that's good enough in terms of the channels I need.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I haven't shopped much at Farm Boy since we bought some deli there that went rancid well before the supposed expiry date.

My wife e-mailed their corporate office and politely explained what happened. They apologized profusely and we got some gift cards out of it.

I wasn't particularly impressed by their response, I didn't get the feeling they were shocked they're serving expired deli to customers.

Haven't really been back since.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:I haven't shopped much at Farm Boy since we bought some deli there that went rancid well before the supposed expiry date.

My wife e-mailed their corporate office and politely explained what happened. They apologized profusely and we got some gift cards out of it.

I wasn't particularly impressed by their response, I didn't get the feeling they were shocked they're serving expired deli to customers.

Haven't really been back since.

Well that could really happen anywhere, and you got some free stuff out of it, and an apology. What more did you want?

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:I've actually found a way to deal with it in terms of who I know and I will 100% get an apology and I will expect one for my friend as well. A decade with the same company and that's how he is treated? I don't think so.

Oh you'll get your apology alright and your friend will likely get sh!tcanned down the road. Is it worth it? Just let it go.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:The manager is one of those (and we've all seen them) little big man. Kinda on the same level as a manager from Giant Tiger.

right up there with Byway and Bargain Harolds.....

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
shabbs wrote:

right up there with Byway and Bargain Harolds.....

Pretty ignorant comment right there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum