GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2012 NHL Draft

+24
Tuk Tuk
The Silfer Server
sens4win
rooneypoo
SensHulk
SensGirl11
Amnesia021
tim1_2
sandysensfan
cash
shabbs
spader
Flo The Action
ddt
PTFlea
Hoags
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
wprager
stempniaksen
Ev
LeCaptain
Riprock
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 42 of 67]

6162012 NHL Draft - Page 42 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:40 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:

This guy is my source StickmanDancing

You don't need a source right now to have a pretty good idea that Murray may not hang onto that pick. Yes, there are nice players there at 15 - a few of which would fit this organization like a glove, but if Murray sees a player on the market that can help the Sens now, he'll trade that pick. Again, that's the beauty of drafting so well and we should continue to lavish praise on the Sens organization for being so good at it.

The thing that throws a bit of a wrench into things is that we could really use a young, mobile, right-handed D-man who excels at both ends of the ice - and I doubt you can acquire someone like that only with that pick, so Murray has his hands full for sure.

Chances of drafting a player at #15 who will step in and contribute in an area of need on a team are slim. If the area of need is a mobile defenseman, the chances are close to nil. If we draft a defenseman at #15 it will be 2-3 years before he gets a regular shift. Which means for the time being you probably should be looking longer-term plus short-term for Bing, in terms of whether you try to get a rightie or a leftie. Most likely it just would not matter because a lot can and will happen in 2-3 years.

6172012 NHL Draft - Page 42 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:03 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

This guy is my source StickmanDancing

You don't need a source right now to have a pretty good idea that Murray may not hang onto that pick. Yes, there are nice players there at 15 - a few of which would fit this organization like a glove, but if Murray sees a player on the market that can help the Sens now, he'll trade that pick. Again, that's the beauty of drafting so well and we should continue to lavish praise on the Sens organization for being so good at it.

The thing that throws a bit of a wrench into things is that we could really use a young, mobile, right-handed D-man who excels at both ends of the ice - and I doubt you can acquire someone like that only with that pick, so Murray has his hands full for sure.

Chances of drafting a player at #15 who will step in and contribute in an area of need on a team are slim. If the area of need is a mobile defenseman, the chances are close to nil. If we draft a defenseman at #15 it will be 2-3 years before he gets a regular shift. Which means for the time being you probably should be looking longer-term plus short-term for Bing, in terms of whether you try to get a rightie or a leftie. Most likely it just would not matter because a lot can and will happen in 2-3 years.

I wonder if it's possible to get such a player via trade or free agency? Are there such things?

6182012 NHL Draft - Page 42 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:10 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bryan Murray probably doesn't know right now whether or not he'll be picking at 15 so there's no real point trying to speculate on it, because there is no answer. There are probably a million scenarios that could play out.

What I find more interesting right now is the possiblity of Edmonton trading down. They obviously have a need on D that likely won't be able to be fully addressed through free agency...Maybe they swap with Montreal or whoever, but that is what I find most interesting right now.

Who the hell knows what could play out with Murray and the 15th?

6192012 NHL Draft - Page 42 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:13 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:Bryan Murray probably doesn't know right now whether or not he'll be picking at 15 so there's no real point trying to speculate on it, because there is no answer. There are probably a million scenarios that could play out.

What I find more interesting right now is the possiblity of Edmonton trading down. They obviously have a need on D that likely won't be able to be fully addressed through free agency...Maybe they swap with Montreal or whoever, but that is what I find most interesting right now.

If Edmonton was smart they would flip with Toronto for Gardiner then draft Reinhart, something along those lines. Boom, they are deep everywhere except goal.

6202012 NHL Draft - Page 42 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:15 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Bryan Murray probably doesn't know right now whether or not he'll be picking at 15 so there's no real point trying to speculate on it, because there is no answer. There are probably a million scenarios that could play out.

If Edmonton was smart they would flip with Toronto for Gardiner then draft Reinhart, something along those lines. Boom, they are deep everywhere except goal.

Edmont would do that but Toronto would not trade Gardiner as has already been stated.

6212012 NHL Draft - Page 42 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:16 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:

Leafs aren't trading Gardiner and you know it. Some media in TO think he's better than Karlsson and I think they're just too high on him (not sure whether it's misplaced or not).

Leafs do not have a PMD besides him.

6222012 NHL Draft - Page 42 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:19 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

We'll see when push comes to shove. I don't buy it that Gardiner is untouchable.

6232012 NHL Draft - Page 42 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:27 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens combine interviews (Zemgus Girgensons, Jacob Trouba, Mikhail Grigorenko, Tomas Hertl, Cody Ceci, Brendan Gaunce, Martin Frk):

6242012 NHL Draft - Page 42 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:32 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:We'll see when push comes to shove. I don't buy it that Gardiner is untouchable.

Internally within the Leafs I think he pretty much is, especially with the rumored Schultz signing.

6252012 NHL Draft - Page 42 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:33 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So we won't be picking any of those players

6262012 NHL Draft - Page 42 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:34 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:So we won't be picking any of those players

I think there's a mix of players we are interested in and players we aren't (or players that will be gone by the time it's our turn).

Grigorenko is the only guy I'd rule out 100%, can't see Murray drafting a Russian at all.

6272012 NHL Draft - Page 42 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:36 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
Big Ev wrote:So we won't be picking any of those players

I think there's a mix of players we are interested in and players we aren't (or players that will be gone by the time it's our turn).

Grigorenko is the only guy I'd rule out 100%, can't see Murray drafting a Russian at all.

Not sure about that. I don't think there is a KHL risk with him. I'd pick Grigorenko at 15 as they can afford to go with a home run with the prospect pool they already have.

I can't see Murray drafting a Euro Russian, but I can see him drafting a North American Russian (i.e. one in the CHL).

But, I don't think they will have the chance to pick him at 15.

6282012 NHL Draft - Page 42 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:08 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
Not sure about that. I don't think there is a KHL risk with him. I'd pick Grigorenko at 15 as they can afford to go with a home run with the prospect pool they already have.

I can't see Murray drafting a Euro Russian, but I can see him drafting a North American Russian (i.e. one in the CHL).

But there is some risk, even if it's just a little bit down the road. I can't see Murray even taking that slight chance.

Not to mention there are questions about his drive/work ethic/post season performance etc, same type of questions that existed about Couturier last year. Murray seems to value that as we passed on Couturier.

6292012 NHL Draft - Page 42 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:13 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

But there is some risk, even if it's just a little bit down the road. I can't see Murray even taking that slight chance.

Not to mention there are questions about his drive/work ethic/post season performance etc, same type of questions that existed about Couturier last year. Murray seems to value that as we passed on Couturier.

Well Murray doesn't make his picks so he doesn't really value anything. He lets the scouts do the work.

6302012 NHL Draft - Page 42 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:19 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
Well Murray doesn't make his picks so he doesn't really value anything. He lets the scouts do the work.

My understanding is that he listens to his scouts and their input but he ultimately has the final say.

6312012 NHL Draft - Page 42 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:21 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Edmont would do that but Toronto would not trade Gardiner as has already been stated.

A person would have to be ridiculously naive to believe that Gardiner is "untouchable".

6322012 NHL Draft - Page 42 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:26 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

My understanding is that he listens to his scouts and their input but he ultimately has the final say.

I think he lets Dorion make the call. Murray and most GM's let their head scout pick as they are not out there seeing these players like the scouts are.

6332012 NHL Draft - Page 42 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:30 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I liked Trouba's answers. He also kind of looks like Pronger. Ceci gave canned answers. Drink of choice is water?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 42 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum